Nice collection of old pics opened up for the fans to enjoy

Thx Boab... Just had a quick look there..the Celtic end at Hampden,what was it like with that extra bit at the back...it must have held 40000 at least...remember it had crushed ash on the steps and the cloud of dust that went up when we scored.Should have had a mask... Still it brings back great memories.

Sadly in this match we lost 5-1 ! The crowd was 43,000 which seems low - but Celtic were pretty much second raters at that time .

Can anyone tell me - who is the wee red headed guy in the pictures ? Can't be wee Jinky as he didn't play until 1963 . It doesn't look like Bobby Evans to me - am I wrong ?
Or are these photos from another , later , match ?

Wonderful images , I’m a child of the late 60’s and I didn’t recognise many of the players, what really struck me was the obvious camaraderie that existed amongst the players in many of the pictures....it must have been a real joy playing with your pals and being amongst the best teams in the world!

Wonderful images , I’m a child of the late 60’s and I didn’t recognise many of the players, what really struck me was the obvious camaraderie that existed amongst the players in many of the pictures....it must have been a real joy playing with your pals and being amongst the best teams in the world!
HH makes it more interesting when you see them brought to life through the lens of the fans, some of them i only knew from books and my old man.

Members online

Latest posts

Back