Nicholas on Desmond

Jinkybhoy

"Desmond received praise when the Hoops appointed Martin O’Neill and then Brendan Rodgers but I don’t see that same urgency now, even though Celtic are hugely vulnerable. I maintain Dermot – no matter what he claims – has lost his enthusiasm for Celtic. Even if he were to deliver someone like Keane next week, there is still a mountain of work to be done. That is why the fans are rightly pleading for answers… and hope."

Never been a fan of Charlie Nicholas however its very hard to disagree with his comments on DD. You really do have to ask the question:

HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO CHOOSE A MANAGER ??

"Desmond received praise when the Hoops appointed Martin O’Neill and then Brendan Rodgers but I don’t see that same urgency now, even though Celtic are hugely vulnerable. I maintain Dermot – no matter what he claims – has lost his enthusiasm for Celtic. Even if he were to deliver someone like Keane next week, there is still a mountain of work to be done. That is why the fans are rightly pleading for answers… and hope."

Never been a fan of Charlie Nicholas however its very hard to disagree with his comments on DD. You really do have to ask the question:

How long is a piece of string?

I get the impatience here, but getting it right is more important than doing it quick. A massive job lies ahead for whoever comes in. Get it wrong and we could be years in the doldrums. As for Charlie Nick, well, I don't put too much faith in his opinion. I don't dislike Charlie, but he will never be a Celtic great in my eyes. In fairness I did love him during his brief time in The Hoops ,but Celtic great ? Nah, not for me.

Choosing the manager you would like is pretty easy. Getting him to sign up is a different story.
We’re probably at about no.10 on the list now if it’s taken this long.

To me this seems exactly the same playbook as when Rodgers left.
(1) put who we want as manager as caretaker.
(2) Tell fans you are working tirelessly and diligently to identify the best possible candidates
(3) the caretaker plays the same team/formation as the manager who just left
(4) months go bye with no information from the club.
(5)They appoint the caretaker ad the full time manager
(6) the club crow that they weren’t looking at any other candidate

I don't see how he can say he's lost his passion for the club though how the fuck wid that fanny know anything about our club guys a fuckin fool trying stay revenant by talking about us fuck Nicholas

Charlie spends his life being critical of Celtic. In the last 9 years I dont recall one compliment he has given the club...and keep in mind he spouts his shite to a larger audience than the scottish fan. What is it they say?? Something about broken clocks and being right?? I won't give him any credit for his comments on DD. If you spend your entire life, as a pundit, attacking a club then you're bound to almost hit the mark once in a while. The guys still a halfwit...

Charlie spends his life being critical of Celtic. In the last 9 years I dont recall one compliment he has given the club...and keep in mind he spouts his shite to a larger audience than the scottish fan. What is it they say?? Something about broken clocks and being right?? I won't give him any credit for his comments on DD. If you spend your entire life, as a pundit, attacking a club then you're bound to almost hit the mark once in a while. The guys still a halfwit...
And pretty sure he becomes a Fuckwit
Regularly
And A Dickhead awethefuckingtime

HH 👍

To me this seems exactly the same playbook as when Rodgers left.
(1) put who we want as manager as caretaker.
(2) Tell fans you are working tirelessly and diligently to identify the best possible candidates
(3) the caretaker plays the same team/formation as the manager who just left
(4) months go bye with no information from the club.
(5)They appoint the caretaker ad the full time manager
(6) the club crow that they weren’t looking at any other candidate

I don’t think so.....DD imo knows there’s no coming back from throwing yourself under a bus...

I get the impatience here, but getting it right is more important than doing it quick. A massive job lies ahead for whoever comes in. Get it wrong and we could be years in the doldrums. As for Charlie Nick, well, I don't put too much faith in his opinion. I don't dislike Charlie, but he will never be a Celtic great in my eyes. In fairness I did love him during his brief time in The Hoops ,but Celtic great ? Nah, not for me.
He never was a Celtic great Frank so I would not lose any sleep over never thinking he was,,Champagne Charlie is the only one who thought he was special,how many of us remember him not many,,how many of us forget him Charlie answers that every time he craves publicity..

HH.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back