Nir Bitton

dungloe67

I just want to say thank you to a player that has had a bad time at Celtic through injury.
NIT BITTON.
He's been through great and bad times at Paradise since he signed.
He's been in and out the team.
He has been out of the team for over a year
BUT
He has come back, he has played in his normal position, midfield, but mostly he has been playing in defence.
Not his normal position.
I know the club has looked after him well, but in return he has worked wonders for the club.
You never hear him criticising, he's a credit to the club.

I just want to say thank you to a player that has had a bad time at Celtic through injury.
NIT BITTON.
BUT
He has come back, he has played in his normal position, midfield, but mostly he has been playing in defence.
Not his normal position.
I know the club has looked after him well, but in return he has worked wonders for the club.
???????????????
What he said HH Nir Bitton. ?

HH ?

NIT BITTON.
BUT
Not his normal position.
It is good to see the quiet, non-glamorous squad players like Nir & Hayes finally getting recognition for the roles they play. They both battled back from very bad injuries, they work tirelessly when they get the occasional game - often being played out of position - and never complain to the press about their "treatment". Good solid, no-nonsense professionals who will never be the stars of the team but will just get on with whatever the manager asks them to do.

I also suspect that Hatem will be a similar dependable type player as well who'll slot in as and when required.

There was a time when I thought we would surely build our team around big Nir. It was during one of the many "Broony's legs have gone" media onslaughts. Broony has proved his doubters wrong a few times since then but Nir is no less of a quality player.

It was bitter sweet yesterday, seeing the big man sprint to get that ball, in order that his more glamorous comrades might keep their boots on the Zombie throats, only for him to injure himself. I hope he's back soon.

NIT BITTON.
BUT
Not his normal position.
(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

I'm going one step further and I'm saying ALL the defence played well, Nir kept cool, Julien got angry and Hatem and Boli worked v hard, i luv it when a plan comes together.

^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^

Very well put, Brimcbhoy.

As an aside, someone posted this on one of the plethora of Celtic fan Facebook pages: Jullien taking no "merde" from that little shit ratboy Morelos.

NIT BITTON.
BUT
Not his normal position.
Awe no big bittons oot fir a week wae NITS ??

NIT BITTON.
BUT
Not his normal position.
Bambi, as he is known in ma hoose, was the personification of calm and coolness in the heat of the Glasgow derby. Well played young fella.

What's weird a wee bit to me at least is how some people are surprised at bittons level of play since his return. Before his injury he was being linked with arsenal (I know sorry that's a dirty bad word to use on here) he's the ultimate utility player in defence , can ping 50yd passes ajer is a Bitton in the making. I'm hoping that it's a week to 2 weeks and no more out if it's his hamstring injury , i read that can be be a wks rehab then a week to get back but thats just Google saying that

I wouldn't be adverse to playing Nir Bitton (alongside possibly Ajer who is another skillful ball player) as a holding midfielder/quarterback role to dictate play in front of our defence in a 4-2-3-1 when playing away from home against Lazio and Rennes in the Europa League. I know by tradition Celtic do not like to play defensive type football, but our away record in Europe is absolutely appalling and a disgrace so we need to try something different from our usual tactics to tighten things up early on.

You could even play Broony slightly further up the park (with Christie and CalMac supporting Eddy) to start our pressing much higher up the pitch. You can cut loose later on with Forrest, Ntcham, Griffiths, Bayo or Mikey J as required to try to grab goals towards the end.

I expect this suggestion has many flaws and expect pelters from many fans as it goes against so much of how we believe the game should be played, but I'm heartily sick of getting beaten away from home against every half-decent European team we play against year after year.

I wouldn't be adverse to playing Nir Bitton (alongside possibly Ajer who is another skillful ball player) as a holding midfielder/quarterback role to dictate play in front of our defence in a 4-2-3-1 when playing away from home against Lazio and Rennes in the Europa League. I know by tradition Celtic do not like to play defensive type football, but our away record in Europe is absolutely appalling and a disgrace so we need to try something different from our usual tactics to tighten things up early on.

You could even play Broony slightly further up the park (with Christie and CalMac supporting Eddy) to start our pressing much higher up the pitch. You can cut loose later on with Forrest, Ntcham, Griffiths, Bayo or Mikey J as required to try to grab goals towards the end.

I expect this suggestion has many flaws and expect pelters from many fans as it goes against so much of how we believe the game should be played, but I'm heartily sick of getting beaten away from home against every half-decent European team we play against year after year.

The reason we kept losing games was predominantly down to a weak defence. I’m happy that we have improved that and the fear has reduced for us to play in Europe.

Looking forward to these games now. That wasn’t the case these last years when it was a watching behind the couch situation for too fucking long.

Bring it on.

Members online

Latest posts

Back