On Reflection

After last night's result, and team selection, against Patrick I began to think about the summer's recruitment.
Considering we made eight changes and were very comfortable, I understand the Jags were not the sternest of challanges, it would appear to me that we are in a very comfortable place right now. Signings, permanent and loan along with ones for the future, leave us with competition all over the park.
So, on reflection, I would consider the summer a success and think we a more complete squad in September than we were in May.
Agree or disagree bhoys and ghirls ?
Undoubtedly (y) (y) (y)

The squad as it is has great balance and depth and for me NL has always played good football ,and is a much more reasoned character.

The main problems with the summer window for me was definitely the lack of urgency and ambition to have a go for the CL which raises another question,,,
do we have the tools In place to stop the embarrassing 5 and 6-0 drubbings and get back to competing ??
The squad is definitely stronger and looks to be improving, so be it a lucky window or otherwise hopefully next year the club look a bit more organised and structured.....
HH🍀

As Freddie said "I want it all and I want it now" but as Mick said "sometimes you get what you need". I was livid this summer but I see a sold foundation built for next summer and summers to come. 9IAR is to be expected; I don't think even corruption can stop it. CL football, perhaps into 2021 in the TIAR season is now a realistic and attainable goal.

Anyone hear Gove in parliment make reference to SNP screaming like the Celtic support celebrating a goal can't find it online
Well to be fair mate we are scoring plenty goals so let the screams commence.
but sadly the hatred in the press and the media will be ramped up the bigots will be let loose attacks, on remainers will happen. And excuses will come fast because someone will attack a leaver and one sides as bad as the other. Sound familiar O/Order.

HH🍀

Well to be fair mate we are scoring plenty goals so let the screams commence.
but sadly the hatred in the press and the media will be ramped up the bigots will be let loose attacks, on remainers will happen. And excuses will come fast because someone will attack a leaver and one sides as bad as the other. Sound familiar O/Order.

HH🍀
It's heading that way (y)

I like it Larry it's got legs. Just Imagine Justin Trudeau tunes into Celtic TV to escape the controversy and hears the green brigade banging out their version. No escape!

It has just been brought to my attention that "banana boat," in another context, has racist connotations, at least in Scotland, of which I was not aware, at least until right now. As such, I have withdrawn and deleted my post.

While I have no point of reference to this, nonetheless I still apologize if it offended anyone. As if it needs saying, that was clearly not my intention.

Last edited:
It has just been brought to my attention that "banana boat," in another context, has racist connotations, at least in Scotland, of which I was not aware, at least until right now. As such, I have withdrawn and deleted my post.

While I have no point of reference to this, nonetheless I still apologize if it offended anyone. As if it needs saying, that was clearly not my intention.

You will be relieved to hear the death squad have had their orders rescinded.
ebc2fd82d7839a33f3b053931ec7fde5.jpg

Folk in the past used to use the phrase ''Do you think I came up the Clyde in a Banana boat?'' which meant they were an immigrant who was ignorant.

Folk in the past used to use the phrase ''Do you think I came up the Clyde in a Banana boat?'' which meant they were an immigrant who was ignorant.

The example I was given was a bit stronger, Shammy, but even if yours was the only example, it is still offensive enough to take down the post.

Also, I was also informed about an incident at Celtic Park in the '80s, where less-than-intelligent facets of the home support shamed itself when it threw bananas at a Rangers player.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back