Opinions, opinions.

Frank Owen

I can't help but notice a slight discord developing amongst us, ( The support ). There has been much comment about the booing, for example, after yesterday's game. Our seats are in the main stand, and, in truth, I can't say there were any folk in our immediate vicinity booing the team. It would, of course, be equally true to say there wasn't one among us who was happy at witnessing such a poor showing from our Bhoys; particularly on our very own potato field.

I'll never boo or abuse any player wearing our jersey. I've always been reluctant to single out individuals for being, in my opinion, not good enough to wear that jersey. However, there comes a time when we have to call things as we see them. Only my thoughts folks; but right now our squad lacks the quality to cover for injuries or players lost to international duties etc.

As we witnessed yesterday, it only take our better players to suffer a dip in form and our limitations are exposed by opposition players who are prepared to dig in and graft. I'm not a witch-hunt, I want every player who pulls our jersey over his/her head to do both themselves and our club justice.

There's a feeling of deja vu swirling around in my head. The number of less than welcome performances make it impossible for me just to dismiss as minor blip.

Nor do I take solace from the fact that many of us think we'll be fine simply because sevco are mince. Complacency, once again, seems to be the order of then day.

I guess we'll just have to hope at the end of the season we proved to be a wee bit less mince than them.

My issue is that on so many occasions this season the entire team seems to have a 'dip in form' at the same time. I don't believe in coincidence.
Very true Shammy, noticed that myself.
The trouble with BR is he is so busy spinning his agenda in his after/ pre match presser, he's like a fucking politician when all we want is something honest coming out of his mouth. Its unlikely to happen right enough. They all do it, but it rips ma knitting.

I can't help but notice a slight discord developing amongst us, ( The support ). There has been much comment about the booing, for example, after yesterday's game. Our seats are in the main stand, and, in truth, I can't say there were any folk in our immediate vicinity booing the team. It would, of course, be equally true to say there wasn't one among us who was happy at witnessing such a poor showing from our Bhoys; particularly on our very own potato field.

I'll never boo or abuse any player wearing our jersey. I've always been reluctant to single out individuals for being, in my opinion, not good enough to wear that jersey. However, there comes a time when we have to call things as we see them. Only my thoughts folks; but right now our squad lacks the quality to cover for injuries or players lost to international duties etc.

As we witnessed yesterday, it only take our better players to suffer a dip in form and our limitations are exposed by opposition players who are prepared to dig in and graft. I'm not a witch-hunt, I want every player who pulls our jersey over his/her head to do both themselves and our club justice.

There's a feeling of deja vu swirling around in my head. The number of less than welcome performances make it impossible for me just to dismiss as minor blip.

Nor do I take solace from the fact that many of us think we'll be fine simply because sevco are mince. Complacency, once again, seems to be the order of then day.

I guess we'll just have to hope at the end of the season we proved to be a wee bit less mince than them.
A sit up the same stand frank and didn’t hear anything a dont hear any other time after a bad performance?your 100% on the potato field it’s pretty shitty looking!!a think we can over analyse performances because we were spoilt by big ange and his 100 mph never stop cavalier approach??but from now til may any which way does it for me ,3 points ,3 points ,3 points is all that matters🤷‍♂️

A sit up the same stand frank and didn’t hear anything a dont hear any other time after a bad performance?your 100% on the potato field it’s pretty shitty looking!!a think we can over analyse performances because we were spoilt by big ange and his 100 mph never stop cavalier approach??but from now til may any which way does it for me ,3 points ,3 points ,3 points is all that matters🤷‍♂️
You're absolutely correct Esp, it obviously is all about the points. That also applies to our rivals. For myself, though, I just wish we were goin' into games with a bit of confidence and swagger.

My opinion is that the board are so hell bent on not spending money, they popped down to the local farm and asked could they have the turf from the field after the cows had finished with it. They then proceeded to have the Celtic ground staff (probably barlinnie convicts out on day release, cause who'd want to spend money on wages when you can get free labour) to lay it.
As shite as we were yesterday, that pitch doesn't help. It's hard for our skillful players to really do anything. We know how good the twins are at taking the ball on the move and making things happen...that becomes a hell of a lot harder when you don't know where the ball is going to end up when it's passed to you.

I wouldn’t tell anybody what to do when they spend a fortune on the club and a huge majority are totally pissed off how we’re being run with the grey brigade who has no vision or ambition.
Personally I wouldn’t boo a victory but each to their own and all that.
A lot of people are comparing ange’s side how it was all free flowing and always a brilliant to watch. My view is there was a lot and I mean a lot of games we struggled against the bus parkers and get the odd goal victory which is totally fine. Getting the 3 points is the most important thing.
From Christmas time last year to the cup final we struggled a lot almost most weeks for consistency.
IMO I feel a lot of fans are not going to forgive or forget what Brendan done first time which is fair enough. I was as pissed off as anybody but over time when I heard story’s of interfering from certain individuals it made it easier to move on and forgive when he came back which he really didn’t need to do and got a job in a far better league than ours.
But let me ask a question to the fans that are taking digs at him, when we got Brendan to come back if you really didn’t want him who would have went for instead that is at his level IMO elite.
Or if you want him replaced who would we go for or get?
Before you name or think of anybody remember who would be behind the recruitment. So you would need to be celtic board levels.
Who would that leave us with?
I just think a lot of fans need to be really careful what they wish for.

It is a cause for concern that the team are not at it at this time 😞 Too late now to do anything in the transfer market imo. We should have had quality players in the squad last summer. The Korean players won't make it , real quality takes money 💰 Decent strikers cost around 7to 9 million pounds it's affordable the money is there to be spent. Board know this but it seems they are holding every nickel dime for their bonuses. Ffs who needs a heated driveway just go out and and grit it yourself. What next robots doing the house work cooking laundry and singing lullabies at bedtime. No wonder we are in a mess, get the finger out or it's title and Rodgers good bye.

As with most things in life, in my opinion the issues at the moment are a combination of smaller things going on. We also have to bear in mind that we are still a very successful club and these problems are all relative heightened by us enjoying a long sustained period of unprecedented domestic success, and these are the sort of problems most clubs would dream about having.

I've said too many times about where I think we can improve in recruitment of new players so I won't bore you all by repeating this. But we are Celtic Football Club, not Lawwell and Son.

No matter your thoughts on Rodgers as a person or if he should have been appointed or not (you know who I wanted), he is here and is a highly thought of coach in the footballing world. But IMO I don't believe he always makes the best selections with regards formations, tactics, selections or substitutions. I don't know if it is his ego as he tries to constantly prove how clever he is, or if it is stubbornness forcing his philosophy onto players who do not have the relevant skillset to carry it out as he envisages it.

To me, a great manager utilises his employees to emphasise their strengths and minimise their weaknesses - and in sport you must takes advantage of your opponent's weaknesses and negate their strengths. I don't know if BR always does this, but hey - he can easily say "show me what you have achieved managing a football club" and that shuts me up! I just think a little flexibility in his approach may lead us to more success when we face tougher opposition.

Unlike most fans I am actually looking forward to a day when Celtic are successful but not totally dominating domestic football to the extent where not winning a Treble is seen as a bad thing. But I want that day to happen because the other clubs have improved and are able to sustain a challenge for honours rather than because we have regressed back down to their level. I may never see that day unless we move out of a Scotland only set-up.

Last edited:
I can see BR being at Celtic for a good 5 years. I think in that time he will build a winning Celtic team. But, in this, his first season, he has to win the league, and all the riches that come with it. I know they have upped since they got Clement. But lets face it, we have by far, the better squad and a manager who knows how to beat them bigstyle.

I heard booing at the end couldn't say for sure where it came from it who it was directed at, we got of to a great start and it seemed to go downhill from there till the end of the 1st half. Started the 2nd well without reward of a goal and were lucky not to concede at the end, the pitch is poor looking but it's the same for both teams and County were playing triangles around our guys at times . Too many players had an off day but it wasn't just this game it has been a number of them so far and it is a worry because we look like the team that could slip up although the huns aren't a great team they have a way of getting decisions to help them when in trouble during games.

Last edited:
We scored in a minute and missed two penalties. We had a lot of possession but we were only one goal away from dropping two points. Making accurate passes is not enough. Goals matter. 4-0 is better than 3-0, 1-0 is better then than 0-0. 90 minutes is the stage. It needs to be a blockbuster every 90 minutes. That's the job.

My opinion? We sack Lawwell Junior and employ Gary67 in charge of player recruitment instead. Now Gary may have to change his surname to Strachan or Lawwell to get a job at Celtic Park but once he is in the door then I think we will be in a much better place - as long as he works out the combination to the biscuit tin lock and finds the dusty old fax machine.

It is a cause for concern that the team are not at it at this time 😞 Too late now to do anything in the transfer market imo. We should have had quality players in the squad last summer. The Korean players won't make it , real quality takes money 💰 Decent strikers cost around 7to 9 million pounds it's affordable the money is there to be spent. Board know this but it seems they are holding every nickel dime for their bonuses. Ffs who needs a heated driveway just go out and and grit it yourself. What next robots doing the house work cooking laundry and singing lullabies at bedtime. No wonder we are in a mess, get the finger out or it's title and Rodgers good bye.
Well said Ally 100% correct

Another really good post Frank 👍
On the subject of booing the team , I understand the frustrations but let's not forget we won that game and have those points on the board.
On booing , to this day, one of the saddest moments I've ever witnessed at CP regarding this was the booing of Fergus Mcann on flag day.
Embarrassed doesn't cover it, ashamed I felt, this man , saved our club built our stadium and so much more , yes questionable decisions but mcann wasn't a fitba expert , just a true Tim, I'm still ashamed about it.
Also of a lesser embarrassment , the booing of the king of Kings return to CP with Barcelona I ask myself , what the ...?
That's not to say any and all have that right but both were sad days for me and still are.

On that mob being more mince than us means nothing to me, I'm sure you're the same and just making a point.
I am utterly confident and convinced we will take this title despite those who continually disappoint us.
Not because they're more mince than us, I believe it, because we're better than them.
I laugh at my good friend ( hun bassa) not his fault I suppose when he mocks our champions league record.
I laugh and say " aye yous have a record in that tournament, shall I remind you about it?"
Good pal (hun bassa) " aye but we always do well in europe, get through the groups , sometimes win them"
Me:" honestly my friend ( hun bassa) are you seriously comparing the group stages of the Europa league to the champions league group stages, celtic won a decent europa league group with Lazio in it"
Hun bassa good pal" yous are never anywhere in the Europa "
Me:" too busy playing champions league football bud, yous ought to try it someti....oh that's right yous did , how'd that work out?"
Good pal hun bassa " haud oan a minute wheres my deludamol"

Last edited:
Very true Shammy, noticed that myself.
The trouble with BR is he is so busy spinning his agenda in his after/ pre match presser, he's like a fucking politician when all we want is something honest coming out of his mouth. Its unlikely to happen right enough. They all do it, but it rips ma knitting.
Spot on mate. Same with everything. Look at signings. First he wants ‘quality’. Gets Kuhn and Idah to date. And now he’s apparently happy with signings? WTF!!

I'm not really expecting Rodgers (or Ange, Lennon, Ronnie, etc before him) to come out and publicly slag off his employers, the CEO and now his son. You just can't really do that and maintain a working relationship - and usually you would be sacked and other employers would not go near you with a barge pole because you are considered a trouble-maker. This is the reality of getting into elevated positions in corporations - you may strongly disagree with your upper management and fight like hell to support your viewpoint behind closed doors but when addressing employees, customers (or fans in this case), etc, you have to show a united front - especially if their is a hostile media baying for the merest smell of blood that they will gleefully exaggerate to cause as much disruption to their rivals as possible.

Yes, from time to time they may let their frustrations show and say something a bit controversial that isn't towing the party line, but this is not something you can keep up for any length of time and maintain a healthy working relationship. No-one on here knows exactly what is going on behind the scenes, but there definitely does appear to be a clash of very massive egos and in my opinion our CEO is exerting his authority to show who is the king (sadly it does NOT make him look like a good strong boss as I suspect he likes to think it does). PL is now reverting to previous tactics and using his buddies in the MSM and fan media to leak his version of "facts" to the public. All this does is undermine the Manager and piss him off, so no doubt he will at some point retaliate and use his personal connections to get his side of the story out there. No doubt the truth lies somewhere in between these two extremes, but it is not a good direction for us to be heading in and won't end well.

I think Rodgers will not see out his 3 year contract either due to a big bust up behind the scenes or he will walk away at the end of the season. I feel he is being undermined and we will hear in the future what was going on behind closed doors (but Keech Jackass will have gotten the first exclusive slaughtering Rodgers and acclaiming Saint Pedro for his wonderful second coming). Then we'll have Kennedy ably assisted by one of the Strachan sons, while the other Strachan son is promoted in our recruitment team as Lawwell's son rises through the ranks of the company so he will become Dermot's son's right-hand man to continue the dynasty.

I'm not really expecting Rodgers (or Ange, Lennon, Ronnie, etc before him) to come out and publicly slag off his employers, the CEO and now his son. You just can't really do that and maintain a working relationship - and usually you would be sacked and other employers would not go near you with a barge pole because you are considered a trouble-maker. This is the reality of getting into elevated positions in corporations - you may strongly disagree with your upper management and fight like hell to support your viewpoint behind closed doors but when addressing employees, customers (or fans in this case), etc, you have to show a united front - especially if their is a hostile media baying for the merest smell of blood that they will gleefully exaggerate to cause as much disruption to their rivals as possible.

Yes, from time to time they may let their frustrations show and say something a bit controversial that isn't towing the party line, but this is not something you can keep up for any length of time and maintain a healthy working relationship. No-one on here knows exactly what is going on behind the scenes, but there definitely does appear to be a clash of very massive egos and in my opinion our CEO is exerting his authority to show who is the king (sadly it does NOT make him look like a good strong boss as I suspect he likes to think it does). PL is now reverting to previous tactics and using his buddies in the MSM and fan media to leak his version of "facts" to the public. All this does is undermine the Manager and piss him off, so no doubt he will at some point retaliate and use his personal connections to get his side of the story out there. No doubt the truth lies somewhere in between these two extremes, but it is not a good direction for us to be heading in and won't end well.

I think Rodgers will not see out his 3 year contract either due to a big bust up behind the scenes or he will walk away at the end of the season. I feel he is being undermined and we will hear in the future what was going on behind closed doors (but Keech Jackass will have gotten the first exclusive slaughtering Rodgers and acclaiming Saint Pedro for his wonderful second coming). Then we'll have Kennedy ably assisted by one of the Strachan sons, while the other Strachan son is promoted in our recruitment team as Lawwell's son rises through the ranks of the company so he will become Dermot's son's right-hand man to continue the dynasty.
I know exactly what's going on behind the scenes, or are you talking about Celtic?

Back