ORIGINAL+EVEN MORE OFFICIAL: Cup Semi v Sheepies, Sat 20-Apr-24 @ 12:30. MIB=D Robertson, VAR=G Aitken

Esp glad you are 100 bucks richer. We as a team have weaknesses. Especially in defense and wide players . Also in defense. We really must in time summer transfer window address this. Looking back on today's game the goals we lost are down to basic errors. Now we have JFK as a coach Central defender in his day but we still lose goals set pieces. Now I know and you all know I'm not a JFK . Shouldn't be here .I just want the best for Celtic. Hopefully new season will bring in a new backroom staff. I also know players will move on and I wish them all the best for the future. Players I want to see move on are Yang OH Scales Taylor Ralston Welsh Palma Idah . This is my opinion whether you agree or not I respect all options.
Ally ...I think it's always good to have a Ralston in your squad ...the bhoy has proven his worth and more than happy to be back up but works his socks off to be part of the squad and to succeed.
Taylor has earned his hoops status ....not a class European full back but certainly a quality hard working SPFL player you want in your team.
Scales has worked his socks off and credit to him for stepping up but he is simply not enough for future improvement .
Idah ....you won't get a stronger/technical player than this bhoy who is prepared to play back up.....why you want rid is crazy to me??
Palma....again ideal squad player who has a twist that can change a game l.
Remember Ally very difficult to have squad players who are prepared to be that and not start.

Have you a question , aye?

Nope. Just enjoying the whole "buck" thing you've got going on.
Who would you rather as manager out of interest?
A lot of names were banded about by Celtic fans. Names of guys who had no interest in sluming it in Scotland.
BR...or buck 👍... has had to deal with so much shit this season. Injuries. Poor tranfer windows. Corruption and a media campaign against him and the squad like there has never been before. And through that he's got us into a cup final and got us sitting at the top of the league. "Bucks" doing alright IMO. Who do you think would do better under the circumstances, I suppose is my question.

Esp glad you are 100 bucks richer. We as a team have weaknesses. Especially in defense and wide players . Also in defense. We really must in time summer transfer window address this. Looking back on today's game the goals we lost are down to basic errors. Now we have JFK as a coach Central defender in his day but we still lose goals set pieces. Now I know and you all know I'm not a JFK . Shouldn't be here .I just want the best for Celtic. Hopefully new season will bring in a new backroom staff. I also know players will move on and I wish them all the best for the future. Players I want to see move on are Yang OH Scales Taylor Ralston Welsh Palma Idah . This is my opinion whether you agree or not I respect all options.
The problem we have with getting rid of Taylor, Ralston and Welsh is that they count as home-grown players with UEFA. If we punt them then we either have to buy replacements who also qualify as home-grown or else go into European games with a reduced playing squad.

Seeing as practically every Scottish player is not considered good enough to wear the Hoops by a sizeable and very vocal amount of our fans.

I'd hesitate to dump all of these players as they are useful backup squad players. I obviously would love us to invest properly and early on upgrades good enough to start in the first team to help us improve.

A lot of names were banded about by Celtic fans. Names of guys who had no interest in sluming it in Scotland.
BR...or buck 👍... has had to deal with so much shit this season. Injuries. Poor tranfer windows. Corruption and a media campaign against him and the squad like there has never been before. And through that he's got us into a cup final and got us sitting at the top of the league. "Bucks" doing alright IMO. Who do you think would do better under the circumstances, I suppose is my question.
You know my feelings on this subject and how I wanted Knutsen. But we got "buck" and so he gets my support.

Our squad has been hampered so much compared to last season. Losing Jota, Mooy and the much-maligned Starfelt, and bringing in poorer quality inexperienced replacements. Plus we have missed so many important players as you so rightly point out: Hatate, Abada, CalMac, Carter-Vickers, Maeda, etc, plus new and fringe players (Welsh, Nawrocki, Lagerbielke, Palma, etc).

Our recruitment was very underwhelming IMO, and I believe Rodgers was stitched up as he was short-changed with new players. But he has also been the cause of some of our problems too. Overdoing the tippy tappy play in our own box inviting a high press, sticking to rigid formation & tactics which didn't always suit the personnel that were actually available & in-form, and sometimes making strange substitutions.

But BR has been incredibly successful for us so he clearly knows much better than a fud like me!

The problem we have with getting rid of Taylor, Ralston and Welsh is that they count as home-grown players with UEFA. If we punt them then we either have to buy replacements who also qualify as home-grown or else go into European games with a reduced playing squad.

Seeing as practically every Scottish player is not considered good enough to wear the Hoops by a sizeable and very vocal amount of our fans.

I'd hesitate to dump all of these players as they are useful backup squad players. I obviously would love us to invest properly and early on upgrades good enough to start in the first team to help us improve.

We should bring Robertson, Tierney and mCGinn home...imo, if we took the gamble and brought those fellas home along with Dembele...we would be last 8 in the champions league ..minimum.....let's do it...20million outlay, 50million reward

We should bring Robertson, Tierney and mCGinn home...imo, if we took the gamble and brought those fellas home along with Dembele...we would be last 8 in the champions league ..minimum.....let's do it...20million outlay, 50million reward
I'd love those players. But you aren't buying Robertson, Tierney & McGinn for just £20m. Plus, their salaries will be 2 or 3 times that of CalMac, so we'd never pay players that.

Just now watched the highlights and survive and advance is deffo what I took out of this one. Not saying we played like crap at all, but not exactly imo our best game either.

Fair play to Aberdeen for coming back each time.

Don't much care if they stay up mind haha, but if they play like that the rest of their league games, they should comfortably.

Hopefully Hearts beats the blue and red pricks tomorrow.

If he WINS the double he has done alright any GOOD manager would win the double minimum.

The HUNS are crap ....

Why can he NOT see how to close out a game tactically....

The team spend half the time passing backwards why dont they do that when it counts .....

We can kid ourselves on ..... we were VERY fortunate to get thru yesterday .....

Rodgers is playing fiddle for the board!! Best paid manager by far in the SPL and whenever asked about DECENT signings he just waffles.....

Yep we 'may' need to go get a goalkeeper when 'Joe' leaves .....

Maybe even 2....

He's having a fkn laugh ....

HH

This inability to close games out has got us into the position we are in with the league,
Although it’s exciting being this tight a could well do without it??the majority of points dropped this season have come from winning positions in the final throws of games!!against utter shite teams,,we can be cruising threw a game then one mishap/ mistake and the coco clown shoes go on and panic ensues!!!their penalty claim was a case in point,,we couldn’t punt the ball more than five yards from our box under no real pressure then we’re swinging away like schoolboys?…defending needs to start from the front it’s way to easy for opponents to take the ball off our forwards and gallop 60 yards up field with no actual physical challenge as they done yesterday for two late goals..there goal for 3-3 came from our corner??we had four defenders across the halfway line??striker and winger fannyed about in the corner??then it’s in our net??it’s nieve…

The takeaway from yesterday is the team got to the final not in the way we hoped they would but they did. Aberdeen played their top level game for once their fans must be wondering where it has been most of this season our team managed to summarise our season so farin that game now they need to find their top level and consistency for the next 6 games to do the double. Looking at yesterday the league and cup aren't nailed on there is still a lot of work to be done and we need full game performances and not just the one half we have seen so much of lately COYBIG get it done

If he WINS the double he has done alright any GOOD manager would win the double minimum.

The HUNS are crap ....

Why can he NOT see how to close out a game tactically....

The team spend half the time passing backwards why dont they do that when it counts .....

We can kid ourselves on ..... we were VERY fortunate to get thru yesterday .....

Rodgers is playing fiddle for the board!! Best paid manager by far in the SPL and whenever asked about DECENT signings he just waffles.....

Yep we 'may' need to go get a goalkeeper when 'Joe' leaves .....

Maybe even 2....

He's having a fkn laugh ....

HH

Didn't answer my question though. What better manager would come to Celtic?

How is that baldy across the road can use the excuse that the team he has isn't his, and that he's been hampered by injuries and the media agree and give him a pass.....and so do their fans. Yet BR has had to put up with worse this season and its our own fans that attack him.

Are the Sevco fans just better at supporting their managers than us?

The board did their usual pish and tried to force projects and shit players on BR in January. He refused to take them and I applaud him for that. Its the structure, that the board have created, that have hampered Celtic, not BR. Anyone who wins penalties is lucky but we are in the final and top of the league in spite of what our manager has had to put up with.

But with fans like ours....who needs rivals.

Scales has been a massive part of this season and will deserve his title medal should we win, but he's 100% playing like a player who would have been lining up against us today if it wasn't for injuries and poor tranfer windows. He is to slow on the ball. His passing is atrocious and he had no positional sense. Taylor felt he had to cover him. CCV wasn't sure where he was going to be and he was at fault for both sheep goals.
Brendan fucked up by putting him in the team and even more so for keeping him on the pitch.
His story was a feel good story at the start of the season but he was poor before he got injured and he's still poor. Rocky had a good game last match and Welsh came on and played well. Both should have been ahead of Scales. I really hope he's not BR pet project as he could cost us the title.
Everything you say about scales is true. How bad must the 2 CB's we spent about £7.5m on in the summer.
I personally think Wrlsh is a better player than scales, I don't think Aberdeen score those goals at the back post if Welsh was there.

Back