Our club our support Vs Theirs old and new

Winter

We as Celtic supporters are often accused by outsiders with little knowledge of our game, the MSM, the opposition and its support and anyone else who knows little and fancies a cheap soundbite or clickbait , of being obsessed by the rangers. As a Celtic supporter if you mention the rangers at all or watch their game "OBSESSED!!". This season has been an eye opener for me having first started watching Celtic 37 years or so ago I thought I'd seen it all , all that could be seen having missed out on the big glory years. Recently, watching the off-field attacks on the club from all quarters that really began in house after 8iar was secured and BR left mid season (the first to ever do so) it's been a case of attack our club and our support whilst we might be stumbling. We've been under attack since. Honestly I don't think I have witnessed such a campaign against a countrys own club , perhaps man utd and their dominance under fergie is the closest I can think of but so tame in comparison. Caesars line of " underdogs in our own city " has never been more true than now. Not in the footballing term thank God, but the complete lack of any real appreciation, from the governing bodies, the MSM and hacks and pundits. Celtic are blazing a trail in European domestic and continental competitions very rarely seen in this countries history and we have one of if not the longest history. Given the number of European fixtures this current Celtic side must play and the quality of opposition teams, I'd have to say that this side knocking out Copenhagen and reaching the last 16 would arguably be as big an achievement as 2002/03 MONs Celtic reaching the final. We aren't lauded for topping our group ,knocking out big 5 clubs en-route. It's really sad. On the other side of the city ,and some, many actually, would have others believe,the other side of the coin. Is the rangers, sevco , not Glasgow rangers they're gone ,like third lanark but they have the same stadium and the same fans. I think they might have inherited a lot of disgruntled and angry 'wouldve been' Glasgow rangers supporters but by the time they were old enough Sir Wheels McMIMetals had sold off his fraud for a nicker to a mark facilitated by Lloyds. I remember the Glasgow rangers supporters as a kid growing up, never liked them ,had to fight my way home past them at Bridgeston cross and run through the green. Honestly though Hearts,hibs and Aberdeen fans were the worst I remember them in the late 80s early 90s attacking SPT buses with bricks etc ,smashing windows, glass everywhere, start of the casuals. Absolute nightmare if caught in the toon. Dangerous. I gave my brother a ticking off when the rangers were first promoted for saying he couldn't stand the orange ........ "dont be like that ,let them be like that as we win everything" I said and he said" aye ano but their bitterness rubs off and provokes a response " and now a few years later I agree. I wont call anyone an OB cos I wouldnt lower myself but I'll agree that they have got worse. They can call it a minority in the stadium and it is but the rangers allowed the union bears to spread their hatred , willingly. And it has. I know that many would point to the green brigade perhaps at times rightly so but they are punished sometimes barred. They are rarely mentioned for their charitable work and causes, more for their political views, even then many Celtic supporters are quick to distance themselves sometimes. We have former players taking cheap shots (that I'll never understand) and not many public profiles in our corner. The amount of lies and deception coming from their side is unbelievable, so, is that they are so far getting away with it, especially looking at man cities predicament. Though they'll probably just go and win the champions league then win an appeal that only cost £50 million to set up and play in it next year. Seriously though ,has the governing body of the country and Europe gone mad? They bought a player for £7 million but need £10million to see out the seasons fixtures and obligations. I'm no expert in finance or business, I don't have to be to see that doesn't work. Are Celtic going to continue to give them a stay of execution? Looks like it and good ,I want them there to see us reclaim what they(the old they ,they say ) cheated and stole from us. Slippy G has stupidly bought into it and traynor has him dancing to his hard man caricature, but once Celtic lift the 9th in a row and keep playing like this ,a 4th treble in a row our team will be setting European standard they will be watching and slippy and traynor will be the targets of the seeds planted and sown on their own. Perhaps I'm being unfair to large numbers of the rangers fans tarring them all with the same brush. I'm not angry really at all the rangers fans some are good but misguided folk 😁 I am very angry with their club though , from players on the field ,manager and coaching staff, through to the board over there and the backroom P.R.Department. My girlfriend says I'm bitter but I'm not and no offence ladies but my girlfriend doesn't want to hear the truth , takes too long to explain and she just wants a Celtic v rangers game to continue. And that's it in a nutshell, exactly the way that the rangers want it to be. Never mind, move on,its forgotten, back to how it used to be, who cares what happened still want Celtic v rangers. No for me I think I'll be able to put this to bed when Celtic secure a 10th title in a row , the perfect answer to all the cheating and lying and hypocrisy, fake news. We are better , in all manner of ways that a football club with its supporters can be that's why we will do it ,and it even looks like our board has woken up ready to fight (fingers crossed because we need them to) if the board at Celtic wont kill off the rangers for the sake of Scottish football and their bank balance then make sure that they can never be a threat over any season. Okay Dubai time, love this forum , no one will listen to my constant Celtic chatter so I'll just rant away see what yous think 😛 HH COYBIG ☘

I can remember the Europa final (Celtic defeat) the celebration from the
adults and very young children was mindblowing and that was in my workplace.
The sad thing was listening to very young kids screaming and shouting
about the defeat and that everyone hates Celtic.
Most of them did not know anything about football or remotely
interested in it.
The hate is bred into them at a very young age.
I cannot really see anything changing.

I'm sorry that I haven't been a frequent flyer recently and I'm not so sure that I'm be going to take up permanent residence anytime soon.

I haven't taken any time to go over the various threads and I haven't even caught up with this conversation either. Needless to say, I hope you're all keeping well and I'd ask only that you all take an extra wee minute to mind your loved ones well.

Mon Ra Hoops........hope to catch up properly and soon.

I always chuckle when the sevvies are accused of being on large doses of deludamol. But tonight there is a large chunk of evidence to suggest that this is very true indeed.
it seems that the sevco club company thingymajig has put a statement on their website indicating that they are in need of a new retail partner for next season. The bears are getting excited at the prospect of a deal with Adidas or Nike and positively cuming in their pants at the prospect of ditching big Mike. It doesn't seem to have dawned on them that no more Hummel is entirely down to Lord Persey's judgement in the Sports Direct case. They are prohibited by law from carrying out year 3 of the contract and will have to reimburse big Mike a substantial amount for illegally carrying out years one and two.
The impact of the deludamol has rarely been more evident. One thing you can say about the bears - they have always had only the loosest grasp on reality.
What will be even funnier will be in a few weeks time, when the penny eventually drops and they all get indignant and up in arms and start squealing about conspiracies.

Back