Out with the old in with the new but Moussa never forgets the fans.

Unfortunately he loved the lure of the cash more than Celtic.
To be fair it’d be a hard choice for any pro, especially if not brought up on Celtic. We’d all be over the moon at being on 10k a week, but if someone is gonna over 50/60/70/80 a week, it’s almost a no brainer when at best your career is over around 40. Just look at tierney, can’t grudge the boy taking that. And with moussa, regardless of wherever happened between him and Rodgers, he thought he was gonna be the best in the land, and playing in Scotland doesn’t quite cut that.

on a side note I’d take him back in a minute

Have to remember, we think Celtic is the be all and end all, in football, but in reality we’re a poor wee footballing backwater on the edge of a continent with neighbours that have untold riches, even KT a bhoy steeped in green and white, chooses the 80k+ a week on offer only 400miles south ☹️

It is said the only thing you owe the dead is the truth.
Walter Smith was the biggest cheat, knowingly signing all those stars they couldn't aford without those side letters.
When the huns wrongly claim big jock knew just to blacken his good name.
We can reply that old Walter knew (about the side letters)

Have to remember, we think Celtic is the be all and end all, in football, but in reality we’re a poor wee footballing backwater on the edge of a continent with neighbours that have untold riches, even KT a bhoy steeped in green and white, chooses the 80k+ a week on offer only 400miles south

I think it's more than just cash. Bellshill bhoy is right: As much as we might love Celtic, the fact of the matter is the club is a big frog in a small pond and the opportunity for more exposure and more money abound elsewhere.

There's also the quality of play in the SPFL which, to put it diplomatically, is abysmal. The league is full of hammerthrowing nobodies who have no other discernable football skills other than injuring opponents. Tierney was almost killed here and, lo and behold, now that he's playing in a league where he's not being assaulted on a regular basis, he's thriving. If anything, the fact that Tierney is doing so well at Arsenal is a testament to the training he received here in the 14 or so years he was with Celtic.

Jeremie Frimpong is also doing well with Bayer Leverkusen. Why? Well, instead of being throttled by mouthbreathing nimrods like Allan Power or Alex Gogic, he's playing in a league where play is based on skill and not attrition. Can you blame him for wanting to move on? I sure don't.

What a load a bollox of a thread. He loved Celtic that much that he was even willing to follow the rat to China. So spare me the nonsense of Scotland being a football backwater. Fuckin China he was willing to go to. The fuckin elephants graveyard for footballers to have one last hurrah on big dough.
So he went for money and nothin else. He was idolised at celtic and now he's not. Money can't buy that adulation no matter what anyone tries to tell me.
He is the classic case of far away fields are greener!

aye
your quick to point out the threads a load of bollox

your point on Dembele moving to China with the snake ? any proof

spare you the nonsense of scottish football being a backwater ,,,,,,,really

so systemic cheating using tax avoidance schemes and the massive cover up by the football association plus an ivestigation where the 2 top presiding officers could limit the perameters of the investigation to suit there narrative so as to exclude themselves from giving any evidence or being implemented in any wrong doing ,,,,,,,thats not a backwater

how about awarding uefa licences to a club indebted to the tax man for millions and still giving them a licence to this day ?

throw in masonic refs , football clubs being allowed to investigate themselves as to see if they broke any rules and coming back with the answer naw we didnae

or how about ex criminals passing fit n proper person tests to become club managers

aye it's a fkn backwater filled with clubs steeped in debt who can't survive without european handouts

your comments about Dembele going for the money

,,,,,so what that's called ambition he moved on to bigger and a better league in his homeland , players have a short window to break into the professional game there time at the top is limited to maybe 6-7 yrs if lucky

adulation won't pay the bills

He went from PSG as a youth to Fulham then onto Celtic then Lyon and by all accounts going to Arsenal

aye he went for the money

like the rest of this thread it's an opinion ,,,,,,everyone has one not everyone is bollox

aye
your quick to point out the threads a load of bollox

your point on Dembele moving to China with the snake ? any proof

spare you the nonsense of scottish football being a backwater ,,,,,,,really

so systemic cheating using tax avoidance schemes and the massive cover up by the football association plus an ivestigation where the 2 top presiding officers could limit the perameters of the investigation to suit there narrative so as to exclude themselves from giving any evidence or being implemented in any wrong doing ,,,,,,,thats not a backwater

how about awarding uefa licences to a club indebted to the tax man for millions and still giving them a licence to this day ?

throw in masonic refs , football clubs being allowed to investigate themselves as to see if they broke any rules and coming back with the answer naw we didnae

or how about ex criminals passing fit n proper person tests to become club managers

aye it's a fkn backwater filled with clubs steeped in debt who can't survive without european handouts

your comments about Dembele going for the money

,,,,,so what that's called ambition he moved on to bigger and a better league in his homeland , players have a short window to break into the professional game there time at the top is limited to maybe 6-7 yrs if lucky

adulation won't pay the bills

He went from PSG as a youth to Fulham then onto Celtic then Lyon and by all accounts going to Arsenal

aye he went for the money

like the rest of this thread it's an opinion ,,,,,,everyone has one not everyone is bollox
You've fairly twisted the thread around being the twisty hooer that ye are.
I don't need a run down on all the corruption within Scotland. I like every other Celtic supporter is well aware of it.
As for proof of dembele and the rat. It was well published at the time and I couldn't be arsed googling it for you. Look it up yourself. It was well documented that Rogers promised dembele he would take him with him to China for big dough which caused the fallout between the two when Rogers done the dirth on him.
As for having six or seven years at the top. God help him he was only on 26 grand a week. Most people don't make that in a year. I have to laugh at this bullshit where a player has only so many years at the top. What happens then? Do they fuckin die when they retire? Have they no other source of income? Compared to the average Joe, they have still many lucrative opportunities to make big money.
Adulation won't pay the bills. That's the most laughable comment I've ever heard. Poor dembele was lapping it up at Celtic, but was struggling to pay the mortgage. Now that's what I call a load a :poop:!

You've fairly twisted the thread around being the twisty hooer that ye are always first wi the insults ,,,,never fails

I don't need a run down on all the corruption within Scotland. I like every other Celtic supporter is well aware of it. and yet you don't see as a backwater ?

As for proof of dembele and the rat. It was well published at the time and I couldn't be arsed googling it for you. Look it up yourself. It was well documented that Rogers promised dembele he would take him with him to China for big dough which caused the fallout between the two when Rogers done the dirth on him.

The daily record and the sun the only 2 who mentioned it in the same breath as west brom and brighton?

As for having six or seven years at the top. God help him he was only on 26 grand a week. Most people don't make that in a year. I have to laugh at this bullshit where a player has only so many years at the top. What happens then? Do they fuckin die when they retire?
:rolleyes:feck me ,,,,,where do you begin no like most players the PLAYING career comes to and end

Have they no other source of income? Compared to the average Joe, they have still many lucrative opportunities to make big money. so you figured that out or did google help ,,,,askin for someone in the village

Adulation won't pay the bills. That's the most laughable comment I've ever heard. Poor dembele was lapping it up at Celtic, but was struggling to pay the mortgage. Now that's what I call a load a :poop:! yep that whole statement right there is a pile of :poop: you got there in the end av got to hand it to you ,,,,,ur early

Next will come the gobshyte insults do yersel a favour next time let the 5yr old on the computer ,she'll work it out quicker for you

n keep reading the record and the sun ,theres a vacancy for a career advisor out there somewhere for you ,,,,,,,,god help any poor knt that listens to your advice

The daily record and the sun the only 2 who mentioned it in the same breath as west brom and brighton?

:rolleyes:feck me ,,,,,where do you begin no like most players the PLAYING career comes to and end

Next will come the gobshyte insults do yersel a favour next time let the 5yr old on the computer ,she'll work it out quicker for you

n keep reading the record and the sun ,theres a vacancy for a career advisor out there somewhere for you ,,,,,,,,god help any poor knt that listens to your advice
That's just a big pile of dung.
You say to let a five year old do it next time. Take a look at the effort you're after making yourself. Were you typing with boxing gloves on? You couldn't even isolate the different sections properly. The irony of your five year old comment is hilarious.
I'm from Ireland. I don't get the record here and I wouldn't read it anyway nor the sun.
As they say here "you've made complete hay" of that reply.
At least you've made me laugh which is a change from your usual sour arse replies.

:( well feck me the angry GAA man from Irelands laughed ,,,,well ma works done here am away back up Errigal maybe i'll hear it

Back