Perspective, spare a thought for anyone in danger...

DILLIGAF

Good morning Bhoys & Ghirls: Apologies for this not being football related but I wanted to show how close some family members came to losing everything they've worked for, not to mention their lives
Just before bed last night, watching the news, they showed the latest wildfire report and mentioned an area of the interior called Kamloops
My sister and brother in law and family live there so I checked how far away from them the fire was
I was horrified to learn, that the fire was right above their neighbourhood, and when I spoke to them last night they were on evacuation alert
I have hiked those hills and it takes about ten minutes to walk down, it's literally 5 kms from their house
Then at midnight it started raining and the wind changed and the authorities said the evacuation was lifted
Scary times and when Mother Nature is pissed off, and she shows just how insignificant we humans are
The interior town of Lytton was destroyed by wildfire yesterday, there's nothing left, most of the residents made it out, but have nothing to go back to, and two people are dead with a few others missing
Anyway, thanks for the indulgence, hug your friend and family because you never know what's in store
Two days ago in BC, there was 24 wildfires, this morning there's 110 active fires and the outlook is not good

Check out the photo's from Kamloops yesterday

Thank You all

D

Good morning Bhoys & Ghirls: Apologies for this not being football related but I wanted to show how close some family members came to losing everything they've worked for, not to mention their lives
Just before bed last night, watching the news, they showed the latest wildfire report and mentioned an area of the interior called Kamloops
My sister and brother in law and family live there so I checked how far away from them the fire was
I was horrified to learn, that the fire was right above their neighbourhood, and when I spoke to them last night they were on evacuation alert
I have hiked those hills and it takes about ten minutes to walk down, it's literally 5 kms from their house
Then at midnight it started raining and the wind changed and the authorities said the evacuation was lifted
Scary times and when Mother Nature is pissed off, and she shows just how insignificant we humans are
The interior town of Lytton was destroyed by wildfire yesterday, there's nothing left, most of the residents made it out, but have nothing to go back to, and two people are dead with a few others missing
Anyway, thanks for the indulgence, hug your friend and family because you never know what's in store
Two days ago in BC, there was 24 wildfires, this morning there's 110 active fires and the outlook is not good

Thank You all

D
I know how it goes D. Dee's Maw and sister had to be evacuated last year. She has another sister in Seattle ( near you i think) and they are having a crazy heat wave just now with temp above 40C. Totally unheard of in the Pacific Northwest. Hope ye and yours are ok man.

Have a Sister in Texas Dill a niece in Florida and a nephew In Oz. These are events that come around far too often around the world and as you say have very little human control and Mother nature can strike at any time causing untold damage. I hope you and anyone connected to you remains safe. HH

Thank You all

D
Are these fires connected to the record high temps in Canada??

Thank you all, it's been a terrible ordeal around BC's interior regionit gets hot in the Summer but not as high as it's been and for so prolonged a period
We are several hours to the south of the really high temperatures, but in our greenhouse the other day it was showing 120...
We're back to normal now with 25 degrees and a breeze because we are close to the water, but anyone who thinks climate change is a hoax is an absolute moon unit
Thanks again for all your good wishes and concern
It's in these situations that you realize just how life can change in an instant
Feel for those poor people who are going through this as well as the firefighting crews who are battling these blazes, while wearing all that heavy gear, and going into remote mountainous areas that are hell on earth
Lightning causes most of these devastating fires, then there's the idiots discarding cigarettes as the travel the highways, and sometimes the spark of a train can set the trackside grass alight and with the winds it doesn't take long to become a wildfire
Bless you guys, we're staying safe
HH

Last edited:
Watched the game and saw the torrential rain in Glasgow this morning
Sister in law sent us this, this morning
They're 40 Kms from this wildfire, in the Okanagan, BC, and it's heading their way
Imagine living in those houses and witnessing this coming towards you
Terrifying
Sorry for bringing the tone down, but this is what North America deals with, on an annual basis

Okanagan BC 5.jpgOkanagan BC 4.jpgOkanagan BC 3.jpgOkanagan BC 2.jpgOkanagan BC  1.jpg

They're 40 Kms from this wildfire, in the Okanagan, BC, and it's heading their way
Terrifying
Sorry for bringing the tone down, but this is what North America deals with, on an annual basis

View attachment 15267View attachment 15268View attachment 15269View attachment 15270View attachment 15271
Hope all goes well for all in its path Dill
Thought’s and Prayers for all
Hope they get some good auld Scottish weather.

HH 🙏

Cheers Jam, appreciate it
We get tons of rain here, for months on end, Winter & Spring, but our Summer is 100 degree weather and when it rains, in the Interior, it usually brings thunder and lightning, and a lot of wildfires are caused by lightning strikes
We keep in touch with family & friends

HH

Terrifying

View attachment 15267View attachment 15268View attachment 15269View attachment 15270View attachment 15271
Its one of those sights that would be beautiful if it wisnae so deadly its amazing how quick it travels aswell shame for the victims of it😔

Terrifying

That is so sad. The Okanagan is beautiful and it is terrible to see this. Not only awful for the people but also lots of wildlife will die. I hope all are well.

Seriously thanks for bringing some perspective to the forum. While it's good to win a game of football it's only a distraction from the more important things in life. As you say climate change is very real but this isn't Mother nature's doing, it's ours. The whole World was in lockdown on and off for 18 months so there was hardly any flights or travel of any kind pumping Co2 into the atmosphere proving that the damage has already been done over the last 150 years or so. Now that lockdowns seem to be over we will go back to full travel as countries need tourism to boost their economies back to normal. So the cycle continues. Turkey and Greece are having it bad right now with fires everywhere too.
I read the other day scientists fear the gulf stream that keeps the UK warmer than we should be looks like it's shifting or potentially dropping away altogether so we could be in for some harsh weather ourselves in the next few years. Scary stuff, but it's our kids and grandkids that will bear the brunt unfortunately.
Anyway stay safe, I'm away back to posting pish about fitba as I'm depressing myself now, Hail Hail, up ra hoops.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back