Perspective, spare a thought for anyone in danger...

Seriously thanks for bringing some perspective to the forum. While it's good to win a game of football it's only a distraction from the more important things in life. As you say climate change is very real but this isn't Mother nature's doing, it's ours. The whole World was in lockdown on and off for 18 months so there was hardly any flights or travel of any kind pumping Co2 into the atmosphere proving that the damage has already been done over the last 150 years or so. Now that lockdowns seem to be over we will go back to full travel as countries need tourism to boost their economies back to normal. So the cycle continues. Turkey and Greece are having it bad right now with fires everywhere too.
I read the other day scientists fear the gulf stream that keeps the UK warmer than we should be looks like it's shifting or potentially dropping away altogether so we could be in for some harsh weather ourselves in the next few years. Scary stuff, but it's our kids and grandkids that will bear the brunt unfortunately.
Anyway stay safe, I'm away back to posting pish about fitba as I'm depressing myself now, Hail Hail, up ra hoops.
Yet we still have people who think Global Warming isn't a thing!
I find it upsetting that my grandchildren will inherit the consequence of us depleting the world's natural resources and filling it up with toxins instead. I try not to think about it either but I do my best to make little changes all the time.

Anyway, on to the next match, a cannae wait to see this side go a step further in the EL.

Horrific..hope everyone stays safe and well that's the main thing...stuff can ultimately be replaced but these fires are devastating...my second cousin lives in Kewlona and told me it is unbearable..50c he reckons
Appreciate all the comments
The fire in question has claimed 56,000 hectares up to today, that;s just one wildfire (there's been more than 300 of them in BC, so far this year)
Kelowna is a beautiful little tourist town, but it's being threatened too
Vernon, close by, is also under threat, the entire Okanagan Valley is gorgeous but it's being devastated this year, due to lightning caused fires and ignorant people

Even in our neighbourhood which is 4-5 hours from the fires, there's big signs everywhere...NO SMOKING...EXTREME FIRE DANGER
But some people insist on smoking, right in the forested areas, boils my piss
We were up at the lookout this morning, big warning signs there, and cigarette butts scattered around the bottom of them

People are assholes
Stay safe

Yet we still have people who think Global Warming isn't a thing!
I find it upsetting that my grandchildren will inherit the consequence of us depleting the world's natural resources and filling it up with toxins instead. I try not to think about it either but I do my best to make little changes all the time.

Anyway, on to the next match, a cannae wait to see this side go a step further in the EL.
You're right shammy, spurred on by idiots like Trump and his mates
Everything is a hoax, unless they can make money from it

Appreciate all the comments
The fire in question has claimed 56,000 hectares up to today, that;s just one wildfire (there's been more than 300 of them in BC, so far this year)
Kelowna is a beautiful little tourist town, but it's being threatened too
Vernon, close by, is also under threat, the entire Okanagan Valley is gorgeous but it's being devastated this year, due to lightning caused fires and ignorant people

Even in our neighbourhood which is 4-5 hours from the fires, there's big signs everywhere...NO SMOKING...EXTREME FIRE DANGER
But some people insist on smoking, right in the forested areas, boils my piss
We were up at the lookout this morning, big warning signs there, and cigarette butts scattered around the bottom of them

People are assholes
Stay safe
As you know D, my aunt used to live in Vernon and the surrounding countryside is stunning. This is so sad for these poor people who risk losing everything. I hope everyone stays safe. Take care.

As you know D, my aunt used to live in Vernon and the surrounding countryside is stunning. This is so sad for these poor people who risk losing everything. I hope everyone stays safe. Take care.
Cheers BB
Have you ever been out this way ?
There's a few members who know the place quite well, especially the Okanagan area, which is such a beautiful place
It's a 'must see' for anyone visiting BC on holiday
It gets very warm in Summer and extremely cold in Winter

We are on the outskirts of Vancouver, the 'burbs' as they put it
I love living out of the city after being brought up 'in the toon'

Here's the old floating bridge in Kelowna
V9VW5g8.jpg

And here's one I took on my way back from Penticton 2 years ago
This was just off the highway outside of Peachland

N2c15L2.jpg

And here's me and my brother in law's Great Pyrenees, Buddy
in Kamloops, BC
They are on evacuation alert as they're only 40 Kms from the biggest wildfire which has destroyed 56,000 hectares to date, and it's only one of more than 300 fires this year
Jc4FBoC.jpg

Last edited:
There are a lot of photos doing the rounds of people swimming in the streets of Glasgow after the Monsoon weather we've been having over the past 3 or 4 days. They don't seem to realise that the sewage floods out of the drains at the same time . :sick::sick::sick:
Ha Ha Ha, hopefully it was the Huns

Someone sent me these from Greenock
It's twinned with AtlantisGreenock flooding 4.jpgGreenock flooding 3.jpgGreenock flooding 2.jpgGreenock flooding.jpg

Cheers BB
Have you ever been out this way ?
There's a few members who know the place quite well, especially the Okanagan area, which is such a beautiful place
It's a 'must see' for anyone visiting BC on holiday
It gets very warm in Summer and extremely cold in Winter

We are on the outskirts of Vancouver, the 'burbs' as they put it
I love living out of the city after being brought up 'in the toon'

Here's the old floating bridge in Kelowna
V9VW5g8.jpg

And here's one I took on my way back from Penticton 2 years ago
This was just off the highway outside of Peachland

N2c15L2.jpg

And here's me and my brother in law's Great Pyrenees, Buddy
in Kamloops, BC
They are on evacuation alert as they're only 40 Kms from the biggest wildfire which has destroyed 56,000 hectares to date, and it's only one of more than 300 fires this year
Jc4FBoC.jpg
Just the once, back in 2000. It was beautiful. I know Ontario better having studied at Uni there and staying for a glorious summer in Toronto.

Just the once, back in 2000. It was beautiful. I know Ontario better having studied at Uni there and staying for a glorious summer in Toronto.
Good for you mate, always good to travel and see new places
I almost moved to Toronto years ago, but the Winter's were brutal and I'm glad I decided to stay in BC, although it does get 'cool' in the Okanagan in Winter (-30 is not unusual) ;-)
Some place, the Canada
I highly recommend anyone who gets a chance to visit BC, to do it

HH

We are 4-5 hours from the wildfires in BC's Interior region
Usually this is what our local beach looks like

IO88o1f.jpg

But, this morning there's an air quality advisory to stay indoors if at all possible
I was out early this morning and took Georgia to a park, then down to our local beach and had a coffee with a mate who lives down there

Check out the haze at 09:30 this morning
Looking towards the water

OKb9o92.jpg

VyYNYkM.jpg

The sun at 09:30 this morning

zOuU7Tg.jpg

People on the beach, not a great idea with all the toxic air particulates
q3F6qa0.jpg

You can normally see across the Bay, but not this morning
rDEZhdt.jpg

We are 4-5 hours from the wildfires in BC's Interior region
Usually this is what our local beach looks like

IO88o1f.jpg

But, this morning there's an air quality advisory to stay indoors if at all possible
I was out early this morning and took Georgia to a park, then down to our local beach and had a coffee with a mate who lives down there

Check out the haze at 09:30 this morning
Looking towards the water

OKb9o92.jpg

VyYNYkM.jpg

The sun at 09:30 this morning

zOuU7Tg.jpg

People on the beach, not a great idea with all the toxic air particulates
q3F6qa0.jpg

You can normally see across the Bay, but not this morning
rDEZhdt.jpg
Remember to wear a face mask - you don't want to breathe that shit into your lungs.

Remember to wear a face mask - you don't want to breathe that shit into your lungs.
Yeah cheers BB
About 8 months after my heart surgery, I was back running the local hills around our place
Felt great to get back at it, but did too much during wildfire season and ended up in hospital for a week with pneumonia
Wouldn't recommend it as I thought it was another heart attack, but it worked out, so I'm pretty careful when it's wildfire season
I just went out on our back deck and it smells as if we're having a campfire down at the bach, so it's indoors for the rest of the day for us

Looking forward to the game on Sunday and watching Kyogo and Liel, running riot againt the diets

COYBIG
HH

You're right shammy, spurred on by idiots like Trump and his mates
Everything is a hoax, unless they can make money from it
It's stupid fuckwits like trump and like minded balloons are in dangering this planet and the big business people who's God is money and lots of it.God help the generations that follows us they'll curse us big time and rightly so.

It always amazes me that greenock floods every year. Its not like its a surprise that it rains on occasion 🙄
No money put into the infrastructure Andy
Apparently, for more than 70 years, they have known about it, but didn't upgrade the pipes or do anything about it, successive councils just 'filled the jaiket' and left with a pension, and it's getting worse every year
Don 't want to take up the forums with a bunch of political baffelgab, but this report is dated 2000
If you feel invlined, have a read, as it shows how fucking inept consecutive councils have been
Greenock, twinned with Atlantis

My wife worked in Inverclyde council for few years so I have fair idea how useless they all are. Oh well. I guess thats one of many reasons why we both fecked off 😕. Shame really, as I still like greenock but wouldn't want to go back to live.

True Andy, love the place and the good people, deserve better
Nice to go back for a visit, but it's like Fort Apache up the Broomy now, as far as friends tell me
I was fortunate to be able to make the move when I did and no regrets

Have a great weekend

When helicopters and aircraft fly over my house, like they did today, there's always cause for concern, but nothing around here is burning. Yet. The fires in the north part of the state have been going on for the better part of a month, and conceivably they may reach here. Who knows?
Been watching the coverage from down south on our news Larry
We are on the water and we get the smoke from Washington State from one direction, and the smoke from the interior from another
It's terrifying for all concerned and we can only hope all areas affected get some much needed rain, like the weather in Glasgow last week
Stay safe

Members online

Latest posts

Back