Peter Lawwell

In your second post on the subject, you hit me with a 750 word post, several list of bullet points, requests for more information on specifics and so on. If the comment about the youtube video was facetious, that's why.

I know it's probably pretty basic, but my theory is simply based on the fact that we had a lot of money sitting in the bank and have been going into games without players. That isn't the best use of resources as far as I can figure out and I don't think I need to do spending projections and so on. It might not meet the required standard for someone who delves in numbers, but that's my opinion.

I don't think we have to spend more than we have. I don't think we even have to spend all of what we have. I do think we should not be sitting on a pile of cash twice the size of Walter White's when we are playing players in the wrong positions.

I don't think it'll lead us to oblivion like the huns. I think investing in players will give us a better chance of qualifying and earning more money. I don't think that's a particularly controversial opinion, although I'm sure others will differ.

Anyway, apologies from my side also. These internet rammies can escalate quickly!
peace and thank you for the hand shake

appreciated

And if I came across as a nutter its coz I am in cell 15 ward h Broadmoor

liked your article,

But are you looking through green tinted specs?

two flaws for me

1 no mention of operating costs of the teams you think should have been stronger
2 no mention of the disturbing inflation of champions league quality players

these two flaws are avoided by all proponents of the missed the boat theorists

And if there is a better model than currently what exactly does it involve?

You mention good financial management should not come at cost of on field value and strength

But you don't mention how you can buy stronger players on the pitch long term sustainably by overspending

1 on operational wages
2 by paying premiums that our market will be very unlikely to maintain while competition is very low

All in all I enjoyed your thoughts but like everybody else who says the same thing, they don't actually give a hint of how it can be sustained in Scotland
Correctamundo Tet (y)(y)(y)

Big brain?

I asked you to explain your financial model that I felt had serious flaws.

You didn't do it instead you got condescending about needing to go to youtube and read up on accounting stuff that is so simple you must be able to understand since you claim Cltic finance teams aren't doing it for your satisfaction.

Its YOU who have went away into weird stuff. Not me.

Im asking you about YOUR theory

But you point blank refuse

Which is fine

Your theory is popular one by the way but like you none of the proponents of the theory ever explain it.

Just like you they are right but don't need to explain the flaw in the current finance set up that you say is seriously hampering Celtic.

e have many resident MSM trolls feeding unsubstantiated attacks on Lawell but never ever explain the better way.

If im condescending, its because you are evasive on a topic you asked people to read.

Its a coincidence that you have the same theory as a number of suspects

So if you are genuine new bloke then I apologise for coming across as a wank

But the fact you evaded the simplest requests on your on thesis makes you very similar to a few of our financial wizards that don't actually explain their wonderful master plan or take very well to be questioned on it.

Best of luck to you pal

Its easy to say you really haven't thought it through therefore your theory might be gash, especially since you cant understand basic accounts.

But like our other resident egos you would rather get nasty when you don't know the answer

Simple answer is pal. You are wrong in your theory.

You got it right when you said if things go wrong you can always sell the players. And historically thats exactly was club had to do.

End of stein era club wasn't affording the wages so had to sell and without stein couldn't replace the best players with equally good players.

Mon had wages way over income and couldn't replace the high earners without potentially becoming insolvent.

Thats what having wages above income does it means you need to sell.

Same reason Rodgers buggered off

The wage ar too high for income but he needs better players and bigger wage budgets which club cant afford.

Thats the answer you don't want to hear.

So skip along to youtube and get watching your basic account videos and learn what income and operation costs means

We can afford better players because we are paying too much currently for our team, but that means we need to sell underperforming overpaid players and replace them with better players on less wages.

Easy to say very hard to do.

The cash reserves buys us some time to get the wages and quality optimised but personally I like what Laell and the finance team have achieved and are still producing under very tricky market conditions.

Im no big brain pal.

But thanks for your endorsement

Most illuminating

Tet, your way too funny pal my ribs have had a bleachin ????

In your second post on the subject, you hit me with a 750 word post, several list of bullet points, requests for more information on specifics and so on. If the comment about the youtube video was facetious, that's why.

I know it's probably pretty basic, but my theory is simply based on the fact that we had a lot of money sitting in the bank and have been going into games without players. That isn't the best use of resources as far as I can figure out and I don't think I need to do spending projections and so on. It might not meet the required standard for someone who delves in numbers, but that's my opinion.

I don't think we have to spend more than we have. I don't think we even have to spend all of what we have. I do think we should not be sitting on a pile of cash twice the size of Walter White's when we are playing players in the wrong positions.

I don't think it'll lead us to oblivion like the huns. I think investing in players will give us a better chance of qualifying and earning more money. I don't think that's a particularly controversial opinion, although I'm sure others will differ.

Anyway, apologies from my side also. These internet rammies can escalate quickly!

He

Ye fkd up pal talkin boot big Petesky lol thats oor Tets hero ???

Posted on celts are here ,by Micheal Ross,this morning PL has stepped aside from the SPFL Board,!Said he has a lot irons in the fire?with his responsibilities as C E here ,His envolvement with theECA is uppermost ,as they are currently trying to thwart plans to makeCL a closed shop, good luck with that ,gonna be hard with the money men in control,as we know Ajax are in the same corner ,I would assume others as well? You wou think football associations would gather pace and get behind this ,to benefit their clubs ,only time will tell ,but as long as we keep fighting ,well that’s all we can do ,hh
I'm sure I read that the EFA have already said they are against the idea of a closed shop 16-18 club champions league with promotion/relegation (not sure of the club numbers) because it would conflict with EPL fixtures. That's where the big money is. EPL clubs (some) see the Europa league as a hindrance to them. I say some because when you have a club like Burnley finishing 7th in the EPL and qualifying for the Europa league qualifying rounds, (like they did a season or 2 ago) then that's going to hinder them in their quest to finish as high as possible in the EPL (more cash for that). If they are seeded thats different and usually it's a club like arsenal who can go all the way and win it, but even then it's not for the Europa league cash it's the qualification to the CL that winning the EL brings they are after. Burnley didn't even make it to the group stages they kod Aberdeen then lost to panathinaikos or olympiakos. Those qualifying ties took a toll on Burnleys league campaign , they just avoided relegation. Something will have to change with the European formats though UEFA are going the wrong way about it. Simply giving 4 auto places to the big 5 leagues is almost tantamount to a closed shop already. You can practically guarantee it will be the same 4 of 6 clubs every season from the EPL which robs the supporters of the excitement of the challenge in qualifying. I'd like a return to a knock out 2 legged champions cup style rather than the endless round robin group stages now with groups up to group H in the CL and even more in the EL. It's become boring and predictable. H&A 2leg ko is more exciting and unpredictable

I'm sure I read that the EFA have already said they are against the idea of a closed shop 16-18 club champions league with promotion/relegation (not sure of the club numbers) because it would conflict with EPL fixtures. That's where the big money is. EPL clubs (some) see the Europa league as a hindrance to them. I say some because when you have a club like Burnley finishing 7th in the EPL and qualifying for the Europa league qualifying rounds, (like they did a season or 2 ago) then that's going to hinder them in their quest to finish as high as possible in the EPL (more cash for that). If they are seeded thats different and usually it's a club like arsenal who can go all the way and win it, but even then it's not for the Europa league cash it's the qualification to the CL that winning the EL brings they are after. Burnley didn't even make it to the group stages they kod Aberdeen then lost to panathinaikos or olympiakos. Those qualifying ties took a toll on Burnleys league campaign , they just avoided relegation. Something will have to change with the European formats though UEFA are going the wrong way about it. Simply giving 4 auto places to the big 5 leagues is almost tantamount to a closed shop already. You can practically guarantee it will be the same 4 of 6 clubs every season from the EPL which robs the supporters of the excitement of the challenge in qualifying. I'd like a return to a knock out 2 legged champions cup style rather than the endless round robin group stages now with groups up to group H in the CL and even more in the EL. It's become boring and predictable. H&A 2leg ko is more exciting and unpredictable
ah hate the champion's league closed shop Winter!

Think everyone feels the same bout that, ano your gonna find this hard to believe ? but when av had a little disagreement there is zero likes lol

PS i thought Tets wiz funny n baws oot to the new bhoy at least he apologised ???

Reactions: TET
Think everyone feels the same bout that, ano your gonna find this hard to believe ? but when av had a little disagreement there is zero likes lol

PS i thought Tets wiz funny n baws oot to the new bhoy at least he apologised ???
Aye wiz quality both were funny and both apologised somebrilliant lines from both. "Where's the value added?" "I'm no presenting a dossier to the financial Times " or something ?

ah hate the champion's league closed shop Winter!
It was ajax that held my attention MD not even 2 former Celtic bhoys VVD and Robertson could keep me interested though I wanted Liverpool to win after ajax threw it away. That ajax side is currently being dismantled by Barca, real Madrid and juve right now. Can't have giant clubs from wee countries taking the glory off the big 5s.

It was ajax that held my attention MD not even 2 former Celtic bhoys VVD and Robertson could keep me interested though I wanted Liverpool to win after ajax threw it away. That ajax side is currently being dismantled by Barca, real Madrid and juve right now. Can't have giant clubs from wee countries taking the glory off the big 5s.
exactly Winter,cannae have anybody phuqin wi' the cartel!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back