Petite Merde

Humf

Amazingly, it’s 30 years this summer when wee Mo Jo jumped ship and rubber-eared Caesar, Tommy Burns and all our fans and joined the dark side. I was in a pub in Coatbridge, (obviously), when the owner, who knew Andy Walker’s dad, said that Maurice had signed for the ‘teddy bears’. It was a ‘wow’ moment.

The Celtic fanzine, Not The View, quickly gave him the moniker of Petite Merde and some of the better Celtic experiences were not on the pitch that season, but from Not The View! They had Maurice as a simpleton, wearing a Rangers top with ‘pish’ written on it (think Rangers were sponsored by McEwen’s lager at the time). At the time, Not The View was the biggest selling fanzine in Britain.

Some Rangers fans threatened to burn their season tickets and although he had a good first season he left after two to play for his other ‘boyhood heros’ such as Everton, Hearts (!) and Falkirk, before he was exiled to the States to play for a team I’ve never heard of!

First time around he was great at Celtic, will never forget the 5-0, St Mirren game at Love Street to clinch the league (one of the best all round team goals ever – YouTube it). Saw him at a few night clubs in Glasgow (always left him alone) and he drove by me in his white Porsche once near Garrowhill.

Would never wish the wee chap any harm whatsoever, but equally hope he’s never invited back to paradise. And in a bizarre way, I suppose due to that signing, it was the start of the end of the old board! But I wouldn’t thank him for it as he literally took the Queens Gold!

Reminds me when I worked at SCAB central
Bilston Glen colliery. They had closed Polkemmet pit and moved the remaining men through to the above mentioned. It’s weird that one song was used by both sets o supporters Mo Mo fuck yer Mo never in my whole life would I wish badness on one person but that we turncoat I would ave injected myself. Most of the huns were apoplectic no way should we sign a catholic.
They would rather be a scab. Like me have never will never cross the line.
NUM and Proud. Celtic in my Heart and Head

HH☘️

I once got into an argument with a zombie in my local ( awrite mare than once) but this particular time the subject in question was,The little shite as us non French speaking Celts called him.

Anyhoo the zombie reckoned that no matter who Celtic signed it would never ever upset the zombie fans as much as them signing the " little shite "upset us.

Now I've never been one for backing down fae a challenge so I bet him I could name a player that if Celtic signed would upset them more than the "little shite " upset us.

So a pint was bet with him looking awe smug with his 3 pals and I was challenged to name the player...now dont forget this was a few yrs ago, so I looked the zombie bassa in his good eye and said...........

NEIL SIMPSON......

F'n chaos and drinks everywhere as he tried to get at me, and I never got my Guinness fae the welching bassa ????

When Tommy Burns phoned him the day he turned sour, TB said "my bairns were singing super mo at breakfast that morning" according to Judas it was the only regret he had over the whole affair, to me all that says is he didn't give a monkeys about the fans who idolised him in his first spell with us, a helluva player in the hoops, can't deny it but I'll never forgive him for embarrassing the club, and especiall big Caeser.

Amazingly, it’s 30 years this summer when wee Mo Jo jumped ship and rubber-eared Caesar, Tommy Burns and all our fans and joined the dark side. I was in a pub in Coatbridge, (obviously), when the owner, who knew Andy Walker’s dad, said that Maurice had signed for the ‘teddy bears’. It was a ‘wow’ moment.

The Celtic fanzine, Not The View, quickly gave him the moniker of Petite Merde and some of the better Celtic experiences were not on the pitch that season, but from Not The View! They had Maurice as a simpleton, wearing a Rangers top with ‘pish’ written on it (think Rangers were sponsored by McEwen’s lager at the time). At the time, Not The View was the biggest selling fanzine in Britain.

Some Rangers fans threatened to burn their season tickets and although he had a good first season he left after two to play for his other ‘boyhood heros’ such as Everton, Hearts (!) and Falkirk, before he was exiled to the States to play for a team I’ve never heard of!

First time around he was great at Celtic, will never forget the 5-0, St Mirren game at Love Street to clinch the league (one of the best all round team goals ever – YouTube it). Saw him at a few night clubs in Glasgow (always left him alone) and he drove by me in his white Porsche once near Garrowhill.

Would never wish the wee chap any harm whatsoever, but equally hope he’s never invited back to paradise. And in a bizarre way, I suppose due to that signing, it was the start of the end of the old board! But I wouldn’t thank him for it as he literally took the Queens Gold!

What boozer where you in Humf?

When Tommy Burns phoned him the day he turned sour, TB said "my bairns were singing super mo at breakfast that morning" according to Judas it was the only regret he had over the whole affair, to me all that says is he didn't give a monkeys about the fans who idolised him in his first spell with us, a helluva player in the hoops, can't deny it but I'll never forgive him for embarrassing the club, and especiall big Caeser.

He’s the filthiest mark in our history and even gives Judas a bad name, after all judas did feel bad after the fact.

I will never forgive that cnut for embarrassin us and our club like that.

When he kicks the bucket am throwin a fkn party daresay coatbridge will have a street party in every street.

Would genuinely love to help the cnut on his way. ??

Worked in a well known pub in the states when he came in ,he was at everton at the time and kevin Ratcliffe the Everton captain was already in with his family he never even acknowledged him

Anyway he orders his drinks with a scowl and when i gave him his changed i saw a familiar hoops regular coming in pointed out to judas he should maybe take a seat out side or find a booth

within 2 mins he was gone drink untouched

Worked in a well known pub in the states when he came in ,he was at everton at the time and kevin Ratcliffe the Everton captain was already in with his family he never even acknowledged him

Anyway he orders his drinks with a scowl and when i gave him his changed i saw a familiar hoops regular coming in pointed out to judas he should maybe take a seat out side or find a booth

within 2 mins he was gone drink untouched

No scabbies to scrub or throw oot ??

Thought you were gonna say something interestin but phil coles was knocked down then

He’s the filthiest mark in our history and even gives Judas a bad name, after all judas did feel bad after the fact.

I will never forgive that cnut for embarrassin us and our club like that.

When he kicks the bucket am throwin a fkn party daresay coatbridge will have a street party in every street.

Would genuinely love to help the cnut on his way. ??

Don't waste you're energy and hate him mate. We played the long game and won. Maybe he'll be a legend in Falkirk or somewhere!!

I remember as a kid. Its was legendary. Never in it walked by it. Shame they knackered it.

Still boozers too much of a weakness for me.

A lot have went downhill since i stopped partaking the nectars from the gantry. ??

Back