Play Off Draw - CFR 1907 Cluj (ROU) or Celtic FC (SCO) v Slavia Prague (CZE)

We couldn't have started the season any better than we have. It was always going to be a tough 3rd and last round to get there. None of these sides cluj or slavia will fancy having to play us in the form we are in. I'm optimistic about the draw. Can tell from Petrescu's media comments hes not overly confident. We continue in the form we are in , I dont see anything other than us taking our place in the group stages.

We couldn't have started the season any better than we have. It was always going to be a tough 3rd and last round to get there. None of these sides cluj or slavia will fancy having to play us in the form we are in. I'm optimistic about the draw. Can tell from Petrescu's media comments hes not overly confident. We continue in the form we are in , I dont see anything other than us taking our place in the group stages.

It will come down to bottle and belief. We have the tools, we need to take them out of the box and use them. Too often in Euro games we looked like frightened weans. They need to believe in themselves as much as we do and show they are a team to be reckoned with,

I think we will.

If we can't beat Slavia Praha we don't deserve CL football. Iam, however, confident that both Cluj and Slavia Prague will fall. Two reasons.
1. We look like we can score against anyone.
2. Defence looks sound, although not severely tested. No more stoopid goals.

The defence is the key. We will score but a Celtic gift destroys our confidence. Cut that out and we will fuck both into the ground.

Aye in away games in the past for some reason we've looked overly anxious and frightened as you say. This side doesn't look to be showing those traits. Being serial championship winners helps with the mentality of playing in hostile partisan environments. I'm sure lenny will have the side in the right frame of mind. This is a special Celtic side and the players look to be beleiving that.

If we can't beat Slavia Praha we don't deserve CL football. Iam, however, confident that both Cluj and Slavia Prague will fall. Two reasons.
1. We look like we can score against anyone.
2. Defence looks sound, although not severely tested. No more stoopid goals.
I'd rate slavia above cluj and they have done well in Europa league recently. The arrival on the scene of Ajer and the way he's been playing makes me feel more confident in our defensive abilities than I have for a while and you always fancy Celtic to score against anyone

Prague was the team I wanted to avoid but got difficult side on Wednesday to sort out. Expecting a good coupla games against Cludgie and a good result. Prague are no mugs n have got me praying for revenge missions against Maribor etc. but we gonna have two tough games up against them, then we'll see how our good our defense is right now.
Agree with earlier post, if we can't beat Slavia Prague over two games we don't deserve to be in the groups but hopefully we can keep our important players and rocket thro the season.

Onwards towards even more history ?
GBTC

Latest posts

Back