Predictions for Season 2022-23

Now that Ange is firmly established and our season ends in 7 days I've already started to wonder about next season.
League position. First
Champions League performance (3rd in group)
Trophies won 2
Even though this has been an outstanding season and exceeded my expectations, we can still see where there are slight deficiencies in the team.

In order for Celtic to continue to develop and consolidate their position at the summit of domestic football and to make inroads in Europe, the board have to release funds and allow Ange to bring in at least three top quality players (and that's not including CCV, Maeda and Jota).

If we can add a bit of presence, physicality and genuine quality to the defence and midfield - then there is no reason why we cannot dominate Scottish football and put up some kind of resistance in Europe.

I think we might have to adapt our tactics for certain games (particularly in Europe), because we currently have bags of pace that we can't properly utilise due to packed defences and we have to be more streetwise in the way we match up and defend against more technical opposition.

I like Starfelt and Taylor, but we still need to strengthen in those areas and we really need a real physical presence in the middle of the park.

I believe that we have the strongest, deepest and most talented squad in Scotland. I also believe this current squad improves next season with a full pre-season programme and an even greater understanding of Angeball. However - now is the time to really asser our dominance and squeeze the hope out of our main opposition.

I agree with your prediction of our domestic success, but think that if we get a bit of luck in the draw, then we can be competitive for second spot in the CL group.

Now that Ange is firmly established and our season ends in 7 days I've already started to wonder about next season.
League position. First
Champions League performance (3rd in group)
Trophies won 2
A dyed -in-the-wool defensive mid, ball playing centre back and a quality left back. Get CCV, Jota and Maeda.
A long break and a good pre-season and we are good to go, this time from a position of strength. Domestically we are going to take some stopping, although Euro progress will take time and an injection of real quality. In summary "the future's so bright I gotta wear shades".

Those bastards will still be alive.
The refereeing will remain as dubious as ever until VAR kicks in HALFWAY thru a season…the SFA…always a step ahead eh?
VAR will become as contentious as the refs were because they will be selective in what they look at and who looks at it, whilst simultaneously we will pay the most for it whilst getting shafted by it.
Tavernier will be amongst the top scorers if he’s still here due to the amount of penalties he will take.
Morelos will still be here, nae cunt wants him and he cares.
The klan will continue to cause mayhem wherever they go as they know there are no consequences.
The hacks will continue with the negative Celtic pro Sevco agenda.
There’s hunners more but at the end of it, if Ange continues in this vein…its more hun tears for me….another double, and perhaps a wee improvement in our CL results, a fortress Celtic Park would be nice to recoup as 3 home wins gives u a chance in any CL group.
Mon The Hoops 💚

There are certain things in life that are definite....death, taxes and the Celtic board monumentally fucking up a good thing!!
So my predictions are, over the close season Ange will continually be denied the signings he wants in place of young unknown "stars"....Jota will go back to benfica to end up being loaned out somewhere else...CCV will go back to spurs to be sold to Southampton or Watford. Ange will put on a brave face and tell us he is happy with the squad we have while constantly missing out on players he wants, over a couple of grand. We will start the next season with Bitton playing at CB and taylor at LB with Bolingoli on the bench as back up. Like every season over the last few years our manager and squad will begin an uphill battle due to our boards lack of ambition.......or maybe not.
Don't have much faith in our board....can you tell 😁😬😁😬😁

There are certain things in life that are definite....death, taxes and the Celtic board monumentally fucking up a good thing!!
So my predictions are, over the close season Ange will continually be denied the signings he wants in place of young unknown "stars"....Jota will go back to benfica to end up being loaned out somewhere else...CCV will go back to spurs to be sold to Southampton or Watford. Ange will put on a brave face and tell us he is happy with the squad we have while constantly missing out on players he wants, over a couple of grand. We will start the next season with Bitton playing at CB and taylor at LB with Bolingoli on the bench as back up. Like every season over the last few years our manager and squad will begin an uphill battle due to our boards lack of ambition.......or maybe not.
Aye mate, too true, we’re like a stuck record on an ever playing loop, with the board showing NO ambition,
1 question for everyone……would we have won the league last year, the 10IAR if the board would have shelled out the reported £2k a week extra to keep Craig Gordon?

Aye mate, too true, we’re like a stuck record on an ever playing loop, with the board showing NO ambition,
1 question for everyone……would we have won the league last year, the 10IAR if the board would have shelled out the reported £2k a week extra to keep Craig Gordon?

I think it would have helped....but probably not. Last season was the perfect storm in terms things going wrong at Celtic....from the appointment of Lenny to the obvious lack of any urgency in terms of recruitment....and we also seen, all over Europe that the "big" teams or favourites to win their leagues just couldn't get up for it during covid.
We have to get recruitment right this year. Solid midfielder. Pacey LB and another winger. I'd be happy with that!!

It would have made a wee bit of difference, but the issues looked far deeper-rooted than that last season, mate.

The lack of fans was an issue, but wee Lenny let his ego get the run of him (although he appeared to be right when he suggested some players were trying to work their ticket) and there appeared to be a major disconnect within the group.

It was a huge opportunity to create history, but from the board to management to dressing room, we absolutely blew it.

What I still get stuck on now though, is that almost £10 million + wages we blew on Ajeti and Barkas, also the big lump of salary and loan fee we paid for Elyanoussi. No wonder the dressing-room look fractured when they were picking up the big bucks and underperforming.

What Ange has done this season has been little less than miraculous and I'm still not convinced that many of the early signings were his choices. He had to fix a group of players he inherited who looked broken beyond repair at the end of last season.

I know I'm wearing green-tinted glasses, but in my honest opinion - Callum McGregor has been the most consistent and best British footballer playing throughout the whole of the UK. Ralston and Taylor have reinvented themselves and Tom Rogic looks like a new man. David Turnbull was unlucky with injury, but Ange will get a tune out of him next season and Biton has redeemed himself after the wilderness years.

All in all........the sweetest title since Wim's in 97/98.

Oh so true

What I still get stuck on now though, is that almost £10 million + wages we blew on Ajeti and Barkas, also the big lump of salary and loan fee we paid for Elyanoussi. No wonder the dressing-room look fractured when they were picking up the big bucks and ununderperforming.
This was a major failing. Whoever decided to walk away from signing the free-scoring Ivan Toney who is reported to have been desperate to sign for us and instead spend that money on Ajeti knew little about the game.

Everyone could see Toney was a future star as he has shown in the last couple of seasons. We even brought in Strachan Jr who had worked with him which would help facilitate the deal.

That coupled with our baffling wage structure where we were paying big bucks for fringe players and lower wages for stalwarts of the first team - many of whom had helped deliver multiple trebles - was always likely to cause disharmony in the dressing room.

But that is all in the past and we look to the future.

I'd like to see a few more make it through the ranks. I know Welsh was used quite a bit but through necessity at that time. He done ok and could make it if he works hard.
Had high hopes for karamoke but injury and a bit of ego seems to have stilted his progress. Micky J was given a fair crack but didn't find the net or a team mate often enough.
I think Ange will give anyone a shot if they show promise.

Would love to see wee Kaddy get a few runs in the team next season, or perhaps a loan to a team who play, attacking football most of the time.
He has a few in front of him at the moment so perhaps a season long loan would benefit him.

If the celebrity golfer decides to back Ange properly then phase 2 could be a thing of beauty,,,,,, but,,,, well we have all seen this movie before haven't we.

Imho a CDM and a left back to compete with Taylor should be a priority and I would like to see more of the young B team keeper seems fairly decent to me.

On that point are the B team getting into the lowland league again next season???, hope so.

And a nice we run in the CL would be good, but the priority next season is Two in a row.

H.H

Would love to see wee Kaddy get a few runs in the team next season, or perhaps a loan to a team who play, attacking football most of the time.
He has a few in front of him at the moment so perhaps a season long loan would benefit him.

If the celebrity golfer decides to back Ange properly then phase 2 could be a thing of beauty,,,,,, but,,,, well we have all seen this movie before haven't we.

Imho a CDM and a left back to compete with Taylor should be a priority and I would like to see more of the young B team keeper seems fairly decent to me.

On that point are the B team getting into the lowland league again next season???, hope so.

And a nice we run in the CL would be good, but the priority next season is Two in a row.

H.H
B team will be playing in Lowland League again next season. I went to a few B team games this season and the better players in the team who look like they could step up to first team squad (or go out on loan for a season's football) are mainly defenders. Dane Murray (CH), Bosun Lawal (CH), Ewan Otoo (CH/LB) and Brodie Paterson (LB). Young Rocco Vata also looks a good prospect on the wing but too soon for the first team.

This is my Ange to board conversation
" Look mates it's simple. Better players mean better results. Better results mean a better bottom lline. Now get the didgeridoo out of your collective ass and part with the fecking cash. "
Iam paraphrasing,obviously.

Back