Priority Celtic FC Structure Replacements

JimMc

What ever happens now re signings and selling , even if great things happen, one thing is clear it is all last minute again. We can now also safely assume the scouting system is not good and communications between management to board are likely not the best.

So imagine you were in charge of Celtic, who would you replace as a priority to shore things up for a longer term fix.

For me I would get rid of whatever supposed scouting system was supposed to be in place.
They have proven less than useless so can be sacked now. As an emergency short term I would try and re-hire John Park or task David Hay an able scout in his day and who appears a smart enough man who genuinely cares for Celtic, task him to build a new scouting system copying only proven systems, hopefully no more Fantastical laptop data driven nonsense, unless one is around that is proven to find gems like Park did.

Not BR in charge of this hiring , as if reports are correct that he wanted Congerton, then BR has shown that like us all that he is mortal and can not be master of all.
However for all I know maybe BR never did request Congerton and just stated so for club unity PR sakes.

I would Introduce an 'available to play' as a substantial part of salary / bonus scheme and include a negative salary effect if a player has injuries that can only be claimed and not proven by x-ray or scan. No more Marvin Comppers or Flying Dutchman who only leave the platform the once potentially taking the money straight out of the pockets of fans who pay for their claims.

I would get an extra defensive coach in as boss of that department, one that has proven experience at coaching with big clubs, not just an ex-player looking to stay in the game.

For now that would do.

I'd quite like to turn back the clock and sign John McGinn, a player that was an obvious stand out to me, a player who Villa fans have claimed as MOTM after each League match he has played in to date.

Can't turn back time, but basic mistakes must not be forgotten, I am not buying any of these what I consider PR stunt claims that it was McGinn insisting on game time and lured by big money. Does not add up to McGinn's July statement of being frustrated!!
Some one at Celtic messed up big time, most likely it was Peter 1.167 Million a year salary (annual report 2017) near £22,500 per week Lawell, who is paid by the fans who pay good money each week alongside the typical not wealthy Celtic shareholder.

Can't turn the clock back, but can leave a big sticker on or near the face of the clock so no one else makes the same mistake of taking us for granted.

We are Celtic Football fans, not fans of business.

Last edited:
What ever happens now re signings and selling , even if great things happen, one thing is clear it is all last minute again. We can now also safely assume the scouting system is not good and communications between management to board are likely not the best.

So imagine you were in charge of Celtic, who would you replace as a priority to shore things up for a longer term fix.

For me I would get rid of whatever supposed scouting system was supposed to be in place.
They have proven less than useless so can be sacked now. As an emergency short term I would try and re-hire John Park or task David Hay an able scout in his day and who appears a smart enough man who genuinely cares for Celtic, task him to build a new scouting system copying only proven systems, hopefully no more Fantastical laptop data driven nonsense, unless one is around that is proven to find gems like Park did.

Not BR in charge of this hiring , as if reports are correct that he wanted Congerton, then BR has shown that like us all that he is mortal and can not be master of all.
However for all I know maybe BR never did request Congerton and just stated so for club unity PR sakes.

I would Introduce an 'available to play' as a substantial part of salary / bonus scheme and include a negative salary effect if a player has injuries that can only be claimed and not proven by x-ray or scan. No more Marvin Comppers or Flying Dutchman who only leave the platform the once potentially taking the money straight out of the pockets of fans who pay for their claims.

I would get an extra defensive coach in as boss of that department, one that has proven experience at coaching with big clubs, not just an ex-player looking to stay in the game.

For now that would do.

I'd quite like to turn back the clock and sign John McGinn, a player that was an obvious stand out to me, a player who Villa fans have claimed as MOTM after each League match he has played in to date.

Can't turn back time, but basic mistakes must not be forgotten, I am not buying any of these what I consider PR stunt claims that it was McGinn insisting on game time and lured by big money. Does not add up to McGinn's July statement of being frustrated!!
Some one at Celtic messed up big time, most likely it was Peter 1.167 Million a year salary (annual report 2017) near £22,500 per week Lawell, who is paid by the fans who pay good money each week alongside the typical not wealthy Celtic shareholder.

Can't turn the clock back, but can leave a big sticker on or near the face of the clock so no one else makes the same mistake of taking us for granted.

What most fans would like is Honesty from the Board and Manager and not to be used just as a source of income.

We've had to do a rebuilding job in the background regarding staff the snake fkd off with and the non existant scouting dept
It's been a shambles but it's an areawe seem to have mademoves to sort it out time will tell if that comes to fruition

In the 50 years that I've watched Celtic there's one common facet of play that irks me. The throw in. we make it up apparently. Standard ploy is to stand about 5 metres away with back to a defender. Get the ball and pass it back to the thow in taker who usually gets cramped on the ball. Why can't we throw the ball not to where the player is but to where the player will be when the ball reaches them. Why do we not have a long throw in player? What technique is used? Do we have throw in plans. NO.

For now that would do.

try getting better deals at your local amateur club.

You don't understand the problems but you want better solutions?

The trouble with being a football fan only is you cant get a team that wins trebles without business acumen or financial skullduggery.

I don't believe celtic have a problem attracting good players or spotting them, its the business part that scuppers the deals because the players can get better financial package elsewhere.

You want to spend money fixing a problem that avoids the same problem.

wages.

Wages can only be afforded by business.

And if you only look at money in and disregard the cost of revenues then you go burst.

you want a more expensive coach from big club

not an ex celtic player????

Arent Celtic a big club?

Arent ex celtic players who are highly skilled championship contenders most of their career able to coach properly?

You don't do business but like to talk about business improvements a lot.

I have no doubt as supporters we all have views on what could be better at our club.
However standing back and trying to look at the big picture I think the end of the transfer window has left us in decent shape for the next two big seasons ( maybe couple more additions in midfield and striker) but generally pretty good.
There is also some semblance of mid term strategy in the signing of decent 18/19 year olds who can definitely join a decent crop of our own youngsters coming through.
I am quietly comfortable where we are and if NL can get his tactics right as he did on Sunday I believe we will have a great season
HH

In the 50 years that I've watched Celtic there's one common facet of play that irks me. The throw in. we make it up apparently. Standard ploy is to stand about 5 metres away with back to a defender. Get the ball and pass it back to the thow in taker who usually gets cramped on the ball. Why can't we throw the ball not to where the player is but to where the player will be when the ball reaches them. Why do we not have a long throw in player? What technique is used? Do we have throw in plans. NO.
did you miss Bauers throw in from his own half on sunday Doc!

Took the words out of my mouth, as a school boy I would get pelters from my manager if I didn’t hit my player 100% of the time, our players seem to just stand around with very little movement leaving the thrower under pressure, takes ages to throw in and then just aimlessly throws it to our opponents ??

Back