Queens Park. Can Scotland's 2nd most successful club see it through?

Winter

Been watching Queens Parks results with interest this season it would be fantastic to have a successful club from Glasgow, rise from its long sleep and awaken.

Queens Park 10 time Scottish cup winners 2nd only to Celtic and had they joined the league when the Scottish league began in 1890 I get the feeling that the QP having appeared in two English FA cup finals in the 1880s would likely have run away with the league as well instead of some ' unique - early woke version ' of " here! both Dumbarton and rangers win the cup together because (cough) the play off was a draw so no point dragging this out , this money maker idea of a game, so the first title is shared ( aw nice) and never seen again.

Instead they joined 10 years later , professionalism had well and truly stolen a march on Queens by then.

I admit It's been somewhat disheartening to see QPs lead turn into a 1pt deficit in Dundee's favour ( no disrespect to Dundee who obviously deserve to be where they are) in the last few games and with only two to play for the title , assuming Dundee beat rock bottom cove rangers on Friday, then QP must go and win away to Morton on Saturday.

Strange that in itself.
Why not play same day?
Only in Scotland.

It was that wretched run of 3 defeats on the spin , 0-1 (h) V Arbroath, as Arbroath pulled off their own unlikely survival escapade, the 0-2 (a) V Raith as Dundee thumped Hamilton 7-0.
Then the 4-0 away defeat to play off challengers partick whilst Arbroath held Dundee 0-0 ( one of the 5 games from last 6 Arbroath went unbeaten in an incredible last gasp run that's saved them now barring rugby scores.

If both sides can win then what a final day game we have.
Queens Park Vs Dundee at lesser(or)Hampden 90 minutes for the title.

That would be a great advert for Scottish football a last game winner takes all.

The table as it stands , 1point between them and the toughest ask for Queens to go to Morton and win when Morton are bang in the play off fight only 2 pts off despite being in 6th place .

Given Queens collapse its incredible Dundee haven't sealed it yet.

Screenshot_20230426_035645_OneFootball.jpg

That said , Queens do have a decent away record in the division .

Screenshot_20230426_035409_OneFootball.jpg

These 2 Queens games should be fascinating hope they can do it , going to Morton for a must win and expecting a Dundee win the night before has many I know writing Queens off now theyve lost the lead I think they can still do it, or they go into the mincer , the dreaded Scottish play offs .

A total joke 4th v 3rd h&a , winners V 2nd h&a , winners V 11th SPL h&a .
That's a lot of extra games for peanuts at the end of the season.
Especially if you finish 3rd or 4th in the championship.
6 more games with that pressure is a lot.

Mortons home form is hardly shabby to be 2pts off the play offs and 2pts off best home record in the division they're doing something right, a tougher game I doubt Queens could get and it's a must win for Morton as much as Queens.

Screenshot_20230425_201404_OneFootball.jpg

It's that Morton home form that does rightly give Dundee the advantage but there's another spanner at the bottom with cove rangers bottom Hamilton in the 2nd bottom relegation play off spot, both on 30 pts can't catch Arbroath on gd so it's a straight fight for one play off or relegation with those two.

I hope at least it goes to the wire and a last day championship decider .

Is automatic promotion gone for Queens?
A draw for Dundee would keep it open at 2pts going into the final matchday

Thoughts noisers?

Dundee's title or Queens still do it?

Last edited:
Screenshot_20230417-211951_Twitter.png
Only joking Winter.😂😂😂

The Championship has been really tight this season with no team being able to establish a good lead. Gonnie go Queens Park & Dundee to beat Killie in playoff. Falkirk v Hamilton Playoff final Falkirk to come up with Dunfermline from SPFL League 1. League 2 Stirling already up, Dumbarton to beat Clyde & come up via Playoff

View attachment 22511
Only joking Winter.😂😂😂

The Championship has been really tight this season with no team being able to establish a good lead. Gonnie go Queens Park & Dundee to beat Killie in playoff. Falkirk v Hamilton Playoff final Falkirk to come up with Dunfermline from SPFL League 1. League 2 Stirling already up, Dumbarton to beat Clyde & come up via Playoff
Makes me wonder though as potentially an SPL club Queens Park must've put a clause in they can use hampden for games which require the attendance coverage.

Totally ripped off either way £5 million and lesser hampden which is a training complex for all intents and purposes

Naw!

Aye Richy - get more East coast sides up! We only want one Glasgow club in the top league. 🥳🎉
Nah I want a true Glasgow Derby one with an unbroken history between the 2 most successful clubs in Scotland, domestically. ( sorry Partick Thistle inlookers) but Partick can still get there through the play offs/play offs/ and play offs ( ridiculous state of affairs ).

At the seasons end rewarded with 6 more high intensity matches , 3 x 2 legged affairs is asking a lot for these semi professional clubs and their squads.

Dundee be favourites I'd reckon, it's a fascinating end to the title , good for Scottish game its gone to the wire.

Pity the SFL and BBC have f*kd the fans once again and made these games a Friday night kick off , which game if any, is a Scottish championship match , decider or not going to interfere with anywhere in the UK ?

Only games on telly are Bundesliga and Bundesliga .2.
Can't see Queens Park v Dundee interfering with their audiences , no country would.

On the topic of Bundesliga. 2 what a run St Pauli have been on recently.

4 games left and they've managed to pull themselves out from midtable obscurity to 6 points behind Hamburg and the promotion play offs.

10pts behind automatic promotion is likely asking too much but what an effort St Pauli 👏 to even give themselves the hope and possibility.

Screenshot_20230505_155332_OneFootball.jpg

The sides in the Bundesliga. 2 , some are huge clubs which shows the strength in the 2 top tiers in Germany.

The English like to tell themselves the EPL is the biggest and best division in the world.

It's true that both EPL and championship are really good tough divisions especially the championship but the truth is that the Bundesliga is and has been the most watched and attended division in the world for many years .

Mon St Pauli make it so, engage, live long and prosper, come in peace ✌️ shoot to kill 🔫

On behalf of those of us from the 'Shire'
Mon eh 'ton
View attachment 22511
Only joking Winter.😂😂😂

Has to be on the Coronation thread
Fucking made me *sploot ma tea oot there...
A pure belter
HH

Back