Racist abuse ????

Allegedly a Celtic supporter shouted racial abuse at a Livingston player. IF TRUE Iam horrified.
Our players come from all parts of the globe, with different cultures and beliefs. The vast majority, the overwhelming majority, recognise and support this.
One idiot is one too many.
IF this is true then I hope they are found and banned for life, and the law takes it's course. There is no need for discrimination of any kind in this day and age.

Livingston have contacted Celtic after defender Ayo Obileye was allegedly subjected to racist abuse in their Premiership match on Saturday.

An Associated Press journalist has claimed that a Celtic fan shouted racist abuse at Obileye during Saturday's league match at Celtic Park

The abuse is alleged to have occurred when Obileye ran back onto the pitch following an injury check in the second half.

Obileye was later sent off for striking out at Celtic forward Kyogo Furuhashi in an off the ball incident in the box.

Livingston assistant manager Marvin Bartley, reacted to the allegations on Saturday night in a tweet, which read: "It's important that a football club isn't tarred because of one racist individual within the stadium today!

"When we took the knee at the start of the game we were applauded from all corners and that's the memory I will take away from the game.

"Now it's time to find the culprit."

Sky Sports News has contacted Celtic and Livingston for comment.

Every support has their bams ...could be worse theres roughly 50 000 racists in Ibrokes every second week....thats allowed but
I’m reading huns celebrating this 🤷‍♂️
nobody should be subjected to those words.
If it happened then the bawbag should be locked up and a key thrown away
I find it strange though that we have a journalist at Celtic park for the first time and he calls out 1 supporter for racism and this has already had more copy than 50,000 singing about killing catholic’s before the Glasgow derby
Is it just me 🤔

I’m reading huns celebrating this 🤷‍♂️
nobody should be subjected to those words.
If it happened then the bawbag should be locked up and a key thrown away
I find it strange though that we have a journalist at Celtic park for the first time and he calls out 1 supporter for racism and this has already had more copy than 50,000 singing about killing catholic’s before the Glasgow derby
Is it just me 🤔
Sevco scum(SS) have been trying to play the victim race card for a good while now, so trying to drag us down to there level is only a ploy to try and tag us with the same racist scum tag as far as I'm concerned and would be surprised if it was anything else imo.
If true, then this arsehole doesn't want to be around celtic Park ever again

Sevco scum(SS) have been trying to play the victim race card for a good while now, so trying to drag us down to there level is only a ploy to try and tag us with the same racist scum tag as far as I'm concerned and would be surprised if it was anything else imo.
If true, then this arsehole doesn't want to be around celtic Park ever again
Your not a Celtic fan if those words came out your gub

One clown does not define any team's fans. As bad as the statement I'm about to write will read it is still true - We have a very small number of idiots in our support who would stain the reputation of our club by uttering racist slurs at anyone.......and their numbers are getting ever smaller. I have no reason to doubt that Ayo Obileye was subjected to some disgusting racist comment (and whoever is responsible should receive an appropriate punishment), but why do so many call out a single Celtic fan while ignoring the regular racist chants from across the city? This is not a case of 'whataboutery' in an attempt to throw muck at theRangers, it is a genuine question about double standards. Clearly, our support is judged by a different set of rules.

I know this post will upset many, and perhaps it isn't the best time to highlight double standards, but I've had enough of one-sided reporting. I'm not excusing the idiot who racially abused Obileye, I am simply questioning the selective deafness of those doing the calling out. If you claim to be against all forms of discrimination and racism then your moral compass cannot take a day off and you cannot ignore other forms of discrimination by filing them under 'Banter'.

I know it's true cos somebody said so... ??
I said I had no reason to doubt it. Playing a racism card when there was no racism is beyond the Pale. However, you are correct. I did not hear the slur and it may be that it was fiction. With a support the size of ours and in a moment of heated anger, it is quite possible that someone (a single idiot) may have lost their head and said something stupid. If it is indeed true then I'm sure others in our support would have heard it and the culprit should be easily identified. This is a case of zero tolerance.

So ONE person allegedly hears a racist word, that no one else in the stadium or tv cameras microphones picked up, but we’re all tarnished as being racist? I smell mischief making 💩 much the same as the incident with ivan and the money laundering ex Aberdeen player that no one hears but amazing how quickly the race card get “played” 😡

One clown does not define any team's fans. As bad as the statement I'm about to write will read it is still true - We have a very small number of idiots in our support who would stain the reputation of our club by uttering racist slurs at anyone.......and their numbers are getting ever smaller. I have no reason to doubt that Ayo Obileye was subjected to some disgusting racist comment (and whoever is responsible should receive an appropriate punishment), but why do so many call out a single Celtic fan while ignoring the regular racist chants from across the city? This is not a case of 'whataboutery' in an attempt to throw muck at theRangers, it is a genuine question about double standards. Clearly, our support is judged by a different set of rules.

I know this post will upset many, and perhaps it isn't the best time to highlight double standards, but I've had enough of one-sided reporting. I'm not excusing the idiot who racially abused Obileye, I am simply questioning the selective deafness of those doing the calling out. If you claim to be against all forms of discrimination and racism then your moral compass cannot take a day off and you cannot ignore other forms of discrimination by filing them under 'Banter'.
I now understand that the accuser is an American who may have been at his first ever SPFL game.

Latest posts

Back