Rangers FC, psyched out and outmanoeuvred, the I..R..A..club of Glasgow!

I remember that season well - very close in the league . In those days there was little coverage of football in midweek - no internet ,no live TV and not even radio commentary .

I was nervously waiting for Scotsport to come on late that night to find out the score . In the intro to the match highlights , dear old Arthur Montford said ''We have a 6 goal thriller from Cappielow '' - so watching the goals go in , as soon as Morton got to three we knew that Rangers hadn't won and that put us in the driving seat for the title .
For the last match of the season , against Dunfermline who had just won the Scottish Cup , my brother and I went straight through to the match after work . Wasted journey ! The crowds were immense and we couldn't get near the turnstiles . The ground was jam-packed and there were thousands locked out . We ended up getting a chippy and taking an early train home .

We don't know how blessed we are today with the ease of communication - the internet , satellite TV , live radio commentary etc... No one need miss a game or have difficulty finding a result .
On a Saturday we had to rely on the early editions of the Pink Times and the Citizen for the scores .

Latest posts

Back