referees appointments

jinky58

I Think that before a referee is appointed to the top level all the clubs in the spfl should be balloted to see if they agree with the appointment and put it to a vote if the vote is 7-5 for the ref in question gets his place at the top table, if its 7-5 against he doesn't what do you people think at least when someone is put forward clubs could do some checks find out if he is a member of a secret club or what school he went to

I Think that before a referee is appointed to the top level all the clubs in the spfl should be balloted to see if they agree with the appointment and put it to a vote if the vote is 7-5 for the ref in question gets his place at the top table, if its 7-5 against he doesn't what do you people think at least when someone is put forward clubs could do some checks find out if he is a member of a secret club or what school he went to
The good thing about this idea is as well as the clubs it would give the referees some comeback when they get criticised. It won't happen of course because too many of them have too many skeletons in the closet. I cant think of a single one we would approve of, but it might be good for up and coming refs or anyone thinking of a career in reffing. Funny handshake brigade need not apply.

The good thing about this idea is as well as the clubs it would give the referees some comeback when they get criticised. It won't happen of course because too many of them have too many skeletons in the closet. I cant think of a single one we would approve of, but it might be good for up and coming refs or anyone thinking of a career in reffing. Funny handshake brigade need not apply.
I think you've touched upon a really important and an excellent point, Brimc.

This current crop are pretty much a lost cause, but for future officials it may be valuable to know that there will be a level of accountability.

It's not like years gone by either, international refereeing is big business and a good wage is given to full-time referees.

The English fella that went to the Middle-East will be a millionaire by the time he's e retires.

That should be an incentive for a future generation of Scottish officials to show their worth and gain a lucrative career out of the game.

Would make total sense - along with bonding clubs and referees a bit tighter together.

Right now there are two separate entities. I think that it’s very easy for clubs to begin disliking a ref due to decisions with no follow up and I’m sure it’s entirely human for refs to take views of clubs / think twice when doing their job dependant on what they get from the stands/club etc.

Refs here aren’t respected. Not that they deserve it at the moment but anything bringing both closer to a common goal would be beneficial.

Always thought it was a chance missed when the refs took a hissy fit the last time ,UEFA should have stepped in and introduced foreign refs into each country move them around it's a global game after all same rules (except here)

Always thought it was a chance missed when the refs took a hissy fit the last time ,UEFA should have stepped in and introduced foreign refs into each country move them around it's a global game after all same rules (except here)
It's like everything else, kelly.

The high fliers are going to start offering contracts to foreign referees to officiate in their leagues.

The Argentinian boy who did the World Cup Final has been courted by the MSL and it stands to reason that if buying foreign players isn't an issue, why would it be the case with refs too?

Money is always the key element in these things, it's just a matter of time......

Make that another 150 years for Scotland though

Can you imagine the furore if we got a ref from the R O I. They would up in arms claiming all sorts of bias. That might give them a taste of what we've had to endure our entire history.

It's like everything else, kelly.

The high fliers are going to start offering contracts to foreign referees to officiate in their leagues.

The Argentinian boy who did the World Cup Final has been courted by the MSL and it stands to reason that if buying foreign players isn't an issue, why would it be the case with refs too?

Money is always the key element in these things, it's just a matter of time......

Make that another 150 years for Scotland though
See we have signed a new keeper, sweeper, leftback, rightback come striker, thats the type we want.
[B]CelticQuote[/B]‏ @[B]CelticQuote[/B] 4h4 hours ago

“I’ll play wherever I’m asked to play. I’ll play wherever the gaffer wants me to and give my all every single time. Hopefully I can give everything that I have, and excite the fans.” Oliver Burke

See we have signed a new keeper, sweeper, leftback, rightback come striker, thats the type we want.
[B]CelticQuote[/B]‏ @[B]CelticQuote[/B] 4h4 hours ago

“I’ll play wherever I’m asked to play. I’ll play wherever the gaffer wants me to and give my all every single time. Hopefully I can give everything that I have, and excite the fans.” Oliver Burke
Important spell for the boy, Boab.

It's went a wee bit awry after a couple of big money moves.

Wouldn't say it was quite at the make-or-break stage, but another year or two in the wilderness and that early promise means nothing but a decent pay-poke.

He seems the sensible type and he's already got a pal with MJ.

MJ's a bit of a wide-boy so it's a positive that he should bed in quite quickly. Now, if he can play all those positions at once then we might have hit the motherload with OB.

Important spell for the boy, Boab.

It's went a wee bit awry after a couple of big money moves.

Wouldn't say it was quite at the make-or-break stage, but another year or two in the wilderness and that early promise means nothing but a decent pay-poke.

He seems the sensible type and he's already got a pal with MJ.

MJ's a bit of a wide-boy so it's a positive that he should bed in quite quickly. Now, if he can play all those positions at once then we might have hit the motherload with OB.
Good stuff i see him as a Snoddy (Snodgrass type, loves the game) type of player, thats good enough for me sleeves rolled up and go for it.

Would be great in theory but they’ll never do it, imagine how much more they’d have to pay for a job that incolves uprooting every so often

I think that ideally clubs should have no say in the appointment of referees to the top level— or any level. The appointment of refs should be a process completely independent from those they are about to “ judge”. Imagine if the vote was 7 5 in favour with Celtic or sevco voting against with the other in favour That ref’s appointment to a Glasgow derby would bring us the same old problem of accusation and counter accusation

I think that ideally clubs should have no say in the appointment of referees to the top level— or any level. The appointment of refs should be a process completely independent from those they are about to “ judge”. Imagine if the vote was 7 5 in favour with Celtic or sevco voting against with the other in favour That ref’s appointment to a Glasgow derby would bring us the same old problem of accusation and counter accusation
Nor should it be anything to do with any other clubs. Therein lies the biggest problem.

therin lies the problem the process is independent of clubs at the moment and look where it has gotten us

Members online

Latest posts

Back