Reo Hatate

Gary67

Out until after Christmas. Now a bit threadbare in midfield.

From BBC
Celtic midfielder Reo Hatate is unlikely to play again before Christmas because of a hamstring injury.
He picked up the injury in the first minute of last week's Champions League draw against Atletico Madrid.
Tests have revealed significant damage and the 25-year-old Japan player faces two months on the sidelines.
"We are not 100 per cent on the exact timings, but he is certainly going to be out until after Christmas, we think," said manager Brendan Rodgers.
Hatate, who signed a new contract last month that ties him to Celtic until 2028, has won four trophies since being signed by former manager Ange Postecoglou.
The former Kawasaki Frontale midfielder had an issue with his other hamstring last season and had a calf problem earlier this campaign.
"If you watch the game, the first 35 seconds he has over-stretched and he has felt it early on," said Rodgers after the 2-2 draw with Atletico.
"It's such a shame for him. He was out with his hamstring last year, it's his other one this time. So we just need to try to get to the bottom of that."
Paulo Bernardo filled in for Hatate against Hibernian at the weekend and the Portuguese along with David Turnbull and Tomoki Iwata will likely fill the void alongside Callum McGregor and Matt O'Riley.

I tthought Iwata was the obvious replacement when Reo went off injured. I must be in a small minority because I thought Bernardo did well when he came on. I still thought Iwata would start against Hibs or come on as a sub but for whatever reason Brendan didn't make that choice. I hope Iwata gets a proper chance in the next few weeks. Although Bernardo can get some much needed gametime as well.

I hope Hatate only returns when he is fully fit. I can see him being rushed back for the sevco game when not 100% and there is a chance he could get reinjured again. Get well soon fella.

I tthought Iwata was the obvious replacement when Reo went off injured. I must be in a small minority because I thought Bernardo did well when he came on. I still thought Iwata would start against Hibs or come on as a sub but for whatever reason Brendan didn't make that choice. I hope Iwata gets a proper chance in the next few weeks. Although Bernardo can get some much needed gametime as well.

I hope Hatate only returns when he is fully fit. I can see him being rushed back for the sevco game when not 100% and there is a chance he could get reinjured again. Get well soon fella.
iwata For me is the replacement for hatate,,although a think Bernardo’s gonny be a player!!!my worry is if anything happens to Kyogo?need to start oh against st mirren at least give him first 45,if he’s still guff then get the wee man on,

I figured it was because it was so early in the game that Iwata wouldn’t last the time. Bernardo has played more football, if only with his national team. That said, after his showing at Tynecastle, I expected him to get some time on Saturday.

iwata For me is the replacement for hatate,,although a think Bernardo’s gonny be a player!!!my worry is if anything happens to Kyogo?need to start oh against st mirren at least give him first 45,if he’s still guff then get the wee man on,
If BR, as he’s said, thinks Daizen is an option up front, he could maybe involve Yang, JF or MJ more from the start. That would give him more options for Kyogo from the bench. But, aye, if the wee man gets injured we don’t really have an option that inspires confidence atm.

I figured it was because it was so early in the game that Iwata wouldn’t last the time. Bernardo has played more football, if only with his national team. That said, after his showing at Tynecastle, I expected him to get some time on Saturday.
I'd figured the same regards to Iwata probably not able to play pretty much the whole match, and as the game went on and we needed goals your going to be adding your attack minded subs not a CDM, imagine if we are needing goals and Brendan brought on Iwata instead of an attacking player eh, this place would have exploded with indignant fifa managers 🤣🤣🤣

I'd figured the same regards to Iwata probably not able to play pretty much the whole match, and as the game went on and we needed goals your going to be adding your attack minded subs not a CDM, imagine if we are needing goals and Brendan brought on Iwata instead of an attacking player eh, this place would have exploded with indignant fifa managers 🤣🤣🤣
Maybe not though, as against Lazio in the 2nd half pretty much all of our team were blowing out of their arses. To only make 2 out of the 4 remaining subs was a bit strange. Plus Iwata was on fire 4 days earlier and even scored a goal.

Thats a point but,he played iwata pre season in most games at fullback,so probably had as much game time as Bernardo?but a get it if he’s wanting to get time into Bernardos lungs..

Latest posts

Back