Reports claim club in "deep contract talks" with French Eddie over 1 year extension.

26+6=1

These guys claim they "can confirm that our sources from a few football agencies" that these talks are ongoing. Whether there is any truth in that or it's only clickbait fluff I have no idea. However, I've stated before I'd prefer another year of a motivated Eddie trying to raise his profile and market value than the cut price we would receive in the current football financial climate. But if we could get the same motivated Eddie playing for his next contract in what should be an improved financial climate it would be a win win for all concerned.

These guys claim they "can confirm that our sources from a few football agencies" that these talks are ongoing. Whether there is any truth in that or it's only clickbait fluff I have no idea. However, I've stated before I'd prefer another year of a motivated Eddie trying to raise his profile and market value than the cut price we would receive in the current football financial climate. But if we could get the same motivated Eddie playing for his next contract in what should be an improved financial climate it would be a win win for all concerned.
Would say its a load of bollocks 26 as can't see where the sence of 1 year making any sense.
Of course it would be great for us as a club, but hardly the best deal for Eddie himself.
Would be flooded with offers in January as things stand so where could it make any sense for the player himself? I fail to see it

Would say its a load of bollocks 26 as can't see where the sence of 1 year making any sense.
Of course it would be great for us as a club, but hardly the best deal for Eddie himself.
Would be flooded with offers in January as things stand so where could it make any sense for the player himself? I fail to see it
See if I was an Agent.....I would prey on decent players that wid mak money for me........and for they vultures.....Celtic is an easy target for gettin good ones on the cheep......That's a 'Birdseye' view

We wanted 20 everone else was pushing 15.
Summer we wanted 25+ best was probably 18.
Eddie then thinking he was off in Jan let the ball sit at his toes and could of been tackled by my grannie.
Never put his body on the line unless he was deep in a move. Wasnt that type of player to begin with but it was more evident.

Year deal? 2 year extention deal (giving him 2years next summer) and i would think for a minute it was worth while.

Classic agent kicking up

See if I was an Agent.....I would prey on decent players that wid mak money for me........and for they vultures.....Celtic is an easy target for gettin good ones on the cheep......That's a 'Birdseye' view
Agents more interested in the EPL where the real riches lie lennono.
Players with the possibility of increasing their profile but far from the finished article, and yes we do become a more attractive proposition.
This is where our lack of coaching has become our biggest problem of late, as by coming to us of late can send your career backwards.

At the end of the day it could well be just clickbait lies. I'm unsure of the reliability and soundness of the site 67HailHail; they could well be another one of those counterfeit, commercial operations like that The Celtic Bhoys shite and there are other bloggers with legit club connections who have said nothing so I would question the validity of these guys' 'exclusive sources'. Pity I couldn't have applied that analysis before I started the thread but logical processing was headbutted by a surge of hope that a motivated Eddie could be around for another season.

We wid only do that if the window was nearly shut and there was no takers for him in that case it wid suit both him and the club to wait a year but I canny see it we are aswell taking less money to get rid and start and new era
Maybe not the case, crainsbhoy, if we were to offer the big wages and make him our highest earner, then maybe we could convince him to stay.
A long shot possibly, but we still have to find someone who can give us the goals he will score.
We know last season we paid out a fortune on mercenaries who provided fuck all.
Nothing wrong with us offering the wages That maybe might get eddy to think again

At the end of the day it could well be just clickbait lies. I'm unsure of the reliability and soundness of the site 67HailHail; they could well be another one of those counterfeit, commercial operations like that The Celtic Bhoys shite and there are other bloggers with legit club connections who have said nothing so I would question the validity of these guys' 'exclusive sources'. Pity I couldn't have applied that analysis before I started the thread but logical processing was headbutted by a surge of hope that a motivated Eddie could be around for another season.
Would rather all of those responsible would back up there claims 26.
They won't come on here to back up there claims, and even anyone of us could make up bullshit, but wouldn't be to long on getting called out on it

Maybe not the case, crainsbhoy, if we were to offer the big wages and make him our highest earner, then maybe we could convince him to stay.
A long shot possibly, but we still have to find someone who can give us the goals he will score.
We know last season we paid out a fortune on mercenaries who provided fuck all.
Nothing wrong with us offering the wages That maybe might get eddy to think again
If we did kick this baw doon the road till next summer then he will still need to apply himself aswell he's miles ahead of the other forwards but I just want him gone noo I get he was pissed aff last season how did he think we awe fuckin felt he let everybody doon with his shitty attitude av had enuf of him tbh and christie,ajer,ajeti get them to fuck start a new I say all sounds dead easy lol

Imagine he stayed, was motivated by the new manager and played in his correct position. What a player we would have. An unmotivated, out of position French eddy was our top scorer remember. If he was to sign...Big if....then it would mean there has been a change in his mind-set. Possibly a clear the air chat with the new boss. I think it would be a great bit of business.

Would be better if it was a 2 year extension with the option of a sell on clause of £25m next summer or £20m the following one.
A 1 year extension with a £20m buy out clause next summer would still be a great deal for the club, and I'd imagine the player would get a large salary increase. Play another season with us, get motivated by a coach who tries to improve players and get his big move for a fixed fee next summer (when money will be more available hopefully post pandemic).
However, I suspect the board will want the cash this summer to help mitigate some of the Covid related losses of the last year.

Last edited:
We shouldn't assume that the financial incentives for guys like Eddy are going to be as readily available as they were in the pre-covid years.

The financial hit that we will all suffer from Covid is going to be a real factor for at least the next decade, but particularly in a business like football which is still largely dependent on the week-to-week fan economy.

Those huge signing-on fees are likely only going to be offered to guaranteed successes with international track records and Eddy doesn't quite meet that criteria yet.

This is still the relative calm before the real financial storm and even the giants of the game are starting to get their panty-girdles in a twist.

Inter just won Serie A and are now in the midst of a huge cost-cutting exercise. The largesse of Man Utd, Chelsea and Man City are baulking at the quotes they're getting on potential prospects, so perhaps Eddy has begun to realise that it's beneficial to consolidate and appreciate his own value with decent performances.

Imagine he stayed, was motivated by the new manager and played in his correct position. What a player we would have. An unmotivated, out of position French eddy was our top scorer remember. If he was to sign...Big if....then it would mean there has been a change in his mind-set. Possibly a clear the air chat with the new boss. I think it would be a great bit of business.
Agree Gary. He would have to be motivated to play for Ange or he will be playing for the colts, or training by himself

Back