Restart.

Steviebhoy67

I joined this forum about 4 years ago. Got a hard time before I was accepted.
I totally accept and enjoy the variation of topics.
The one thing that always splits us is politics.
I've always accepted that it's part and parcel.
There's only so much you can ignore.
Blocking isn't the answer either.
No idea what is but tbh there seems to be more leaning to that side. You've noticed that some "regulars" aren't posting anymore. Myself, I post less. I feel the soul of this forum has been damaged. From being like minded and objective regarding Celtic we seem to dwell on the "dark side" if you wish.
The banter ain't the same. It's not who we are most of the time.
Loads will of course differ but look at the stats of posting of previously regular and lovely guys. We're doing something wrong guys, let's make it better.
HH🍀

I joined this forum about 4 years ago. Got a hard time before I was accepted.
I totally accept and enjoy the variation of topics.
The one thing that always splits us is politics.
I've always accepted that it's part and parcel.
There's only so much you can ignore.
No idea what is but tbh there seems to be more leaning to that side. You've noticed that some "regulars" aren't posting anymore. Myself, I post less. I feel the soul of this forum has been damaged. From being like minded and objective regarding Celtic we seem to dwell on the "dark side" if you wish.
The banter ain't the same. It's not who we are most of the time.
Loads will of course differ but look at the stats of posting of previously regular and lovely guys. We're doing something wrong guys, let's make it better.
HH🍀
Totally agree Steviebhoy, we must get back that great debates that we used to all have without the disparaging comments and attacks green on green.

There's a wide range of opinions on this site stevie. And like yourself I believe a fair few of them have very differing opinions to mine. I'm fine with that. I try my best to not reply to some people who make certain comments. Some of which to me, is outrageous, but to them is their opinion. Again, I don't let it bother me. That's what makes up the world. If we all agreed, it would be a boring place to be.
I personally think, that if you are easily offended, then a forum isn't the place for ye. Especially one like this, that's full of fairly intelligent, well read and mostly well travelled people who are all smartarses.
I understand where you are coming from with this post, but I and I'm sure a lot more people on here, have a lot more going on in my life to let people who choose to leave the forum annoy me. Yes there has been some people who left, who I enjoyed reading their posts. Yet there are others who I couldn't give two shites if I never hear from them again.
But maybe that's just me.
As an oul man where I grew up used to say "you can lead a horse to water,but the last thing I want to be at is standing at a drinker trying to bottle water into a fuckin horse".

There a couple of people I’ve blocked on this site, just the ones with the extremist or argumentative or abusive views/attitudes, can’t be arsed with aw that, some times I look in,1st thing in the morning and there’s 3-4 pages arguments/ discussions that descend into vicious name calling….this is why I block the people I have, I don’t need to engage with people like that….so I don’t 👍

There's a wide range of opinions on this site stevie. And like yourself I believe a fair few of them have very differing opinions to mine. I'm fine with that. I try my best to not reply to some people who make certain comments. Some of which to me, is outrageous, but to them is their opinion. Again, I don't let it bother me. That's what makes up the world. If we all agreed, it would be a boring place to be.
I personally think, that if you are easily offended, then a forum isn't the place for ye. Especially one like this, that's full of fairly intelligent, well read and mostly well travelled people who are all smartarses.
I understand where you are coming from with this post, but I and I'm sure a lot more people on here, have a lot more going on in my life to let people who choose to leave the forum annoy me. Yes there has been some people who left, who I enjoyed reading their posts. Yet there are others who I couldn't give two shites if I never hear from them again.
But maybe that's just me.
As an oul man where I grew up used to say "you can lead a horse to water,but the last thing I want to be at is standing at a drinker trying to bottle water into a fuckin horse".
I'm not easily offended. However as I stated the "good vibe" in comparison to what it was has changed.

My local pub is on any given day populated with self-opinionated usually loud individuals who have no concept of an inside voice, I for the most part ignore them one day and the next if I can be arsed will engage with them, it matters not a jot I've never changed a pub goers opinion or caused them to vote another way.

But no matter what I know they will be there until their maker mother or wife decide otherwise. On the forum people come and go and yes it does at the moment seem to be quieter than normal, so be it. I've annoyed folk on here ( yes I have) and probably disagreed with most folks opinions on one thing or another, but I've learned to ignore most of it and wait until something else pops up.

So I would welcome folk back that have left and hope that they might consider coming back and annoying the life out of everyone again. Dont let some other dick or dickess's opinions put you off.

H.H

Yes it is sad to lose members for any reason but we can't expect everyone to agree on so many varying topics as we all travelled different roads to arrive at who we are at this stage of our lives.
I avoid topics I don't agree with but the problem with that I don't open my mind to other peoples views which might be better than mine.

I’m not adverse to a bit of politics on account of being an opinionated bastard but there’s been occasions when debate on here has decended in to name calling and abuse,some of us take it to heart while to others it’s water off a ducks and some of the stuff I’ve seen on here was right out of order, that’s the thing with this interweb thingy sometimes people forget their manners any cunt can sit behind a screen and type things that they probably would think twice about saying face to face and while this is a Celtic forum to share our love/interest in Celtic when the topics do expand in to other areas we should at least keep it civil and our interactions respectful just because we disagree on things dosent give anyone the right to abuse folk because apart from anything else you have no idea what the person on the other side of the screen is going through in their lives,maybe it’s just a reflection of society in general which is becoming coarser I haven’t been on here as long as a lot of you but I’ve also noticed it’s not the same as it was and I think while Stevie is right thats largely down to folk falling out on political threads, I think that it’s down to people’s attitude and lac of respect for differing opinions rather than the topics of the threads themselves.

If anyone wants to beg to differ I will be on the Ukrainian vaccine with the dead Queen by-election snowflake thread where every last one of you can get tae fuck wi yer daft comments unless you agree with me wholeheartedly😜

The forum seems to be filled with negativity. For me, fuck that. I get enough in my working day. This forum used to be an escape with like minded people. Celtic.
How many threads do you visit that make you laugh or at least smile?
I'll take this liberty of posting that I feel we as a group have to reset. Yes there's two sides. Celtic associated or relative to miscalenios stuff but there's more posts outwith Celtic related issues that we post about. Got lots of time and love for some on here but as I said initially, we're losing the cosy feeling of like minded people. Just my take and don't want to offend anyone.

Steviebhoy imwith you on this . Is this a Celtic Forum or not. Let's leave the non Celtic stuff behind. Celtic consummates our life's that should be a given. If we love our Celtic then let's talk about Celtic. Far too many members of this site have left ,reasons being that we are erring away from Celtic. Ok I know I have been guilty in the past of posting some sh##e on the forum. But we and especially myself must recognise this is Celtic noise, and no other forums are !Ike us. So my plea to like minded Celtic supporters is come and join us . We here at the noise welcome debate about Celtic . My last word on this is debate all things Celtic. After all who's like us.HH 🍀🍀

You’re right enough Steviebhoy we’ve defo losing that cozy feeling I’m as guilty as anyone on here of deviating from the fitba patter mibbes we should stick tae what we all have in common we are a cross section of society with differing opinions on all sorts but there’s plenty of other places we can vent them on obviously there are non fitba threads like the pets the funny stuff the well being ones that enhance the site but maybe we could lose the war,plague,famine and pestilence ones that divide us.

And following on from the apology to anyone that Ally made to anyone who has taken offence can I just say, to one and all that if I have ever upset or offended any of you for any reason well that’s just tough fucking titty 😂.

Actually, it is.

So, Steviebhoy, you want to be the Chief Constable of the Tone Police here? I see.

I disagree that the forum is filled with negativity. Most of the time it's pretty insightful and humorous. When you focus on the negative because you have an agenda, then I could see where it might seem that way.

You can't separate football from politics. You can't separate football from life. To this forum's credit -- which is the best of those focusing on Celtic -- it has two categories: General Chat and Celtic Chat. In the thousands of threads that exist in this forum, only a few have been akin to exchanging gunfire, and rightfully so.

if I have ever upset or offended any of you for any reason well that’s just tough fucking titty

That's one way of putting it. Not how I would, but you do you MickyMcMick, and point well made. We're here to talk football and whatever else comes up, not to be some sort of group therapy session. Folks are going to disagree. Deal with it.

I don't really mind the different subjects if I'm honest, what annoys me is people being intolerant of others views, if you dont agree with someone fine point it out discuss back and forth, but name calling or adding wee bitchy comments on another thread just leads to disharmony or just ignore it altogether and get on with your life and supporting Celtic, there is a few posters missing that I would happily embrace back to the forum, and one or two I couldn't give a monkies about, but thats just me, have a read at the Well being thread and it gives you a hint of what some are going through, others like myself and Dill have gone through life changing opps in the past, I'm sure many more are in the same boat, my point is you never really know most of the posters and their troubles, so disagree by all means, but in a nice way, unless of course we catch a hun or lurking stenographer then give them it with both barrels😀😀

O shit nae paragraphs, dam it 😤😜

Actually, it is.

So, Steviebhoy, you want to be the Chief Constable of the Tone Police here? I see.

I disagree that the forum is filled with negativity. Most of the time it's pretty insightful and humorous. When you focus on the negative because you have an agenda, then I could see where it might seem that way.

You can't separate football from politics. You can't separate football from life. To this forum's credit -- which is the best of those focusing on Celtic -- it has two categories: General Chat and Celtic Chat. In the thousands of threads that exist in this forum, only a few have been akin to exchanging gunfire, and rightfully so.

That's one way of putting it. Not how I would, but you do you MickyMcMick, and point well made. We're here to talk football and whatever else comes up, not to be some sort of group therapy session. Folks are going to disagree. Deal with it.
I respect your opinion pal but on this one we differ.

Members online

Back