Return of Deila

Ronnie might not have been the greatest manager. However, he had an eye for a player. We could do worse than get him back as head of scouting. He would do a lot better than the current failure.
Frankie I think it was John Park who identified all of Ronny's players with maybe the exception of Kris Ayer whom he knew from playing against him in his time at Stromgodset.

I'm honestly not sure how many, if any , of them were RD signings.

Big Pierre sold Cifit to Pedro.

Only guy I know for certain was RD's was Ajer, in as a top Norwegian youth.

I'm inclined to think most of the signings during his time were Lawwell playing General Manager and cutting deals for players he thought he could hand to the coach to integrate. Doubt RD had any real say at all.

Hence, D. Desmond has had enough after losing the semi on pens to the Monkeys and calls time on the Lawwell 'Football Manager' experiment, bringing in BR to govern all things fotoball and sticking Pl back in his finance box.

Yeah i agree he was a cog for PL to pull the strings for.

Poor RD never stood a chance with the ghost of christmas past pullin the strings.

Its a no for me but a lovely man is RD

If you think of it, it's baffling how a team our stature has had such a massive failure of a scouting personnel for the last two seasons.

The fact these two seasons have been our most successful domestical seasons ever has helped hide the fact most of our signings have been either lacking or quite simply put, failures.

But those recruitment failures will catch up with us if we don't fix them this window. It's arguably the most important window in the last seven years. We need to get our dross out, fix our striker and defence issues and get ready for a grueling Triple Treble challenge and hopefully eight hard CL qualifying matches in August.

No excuses now. Spend the dough. Strengthen the squad. Step up.

We as fans need to be ambitious and demanding. If we don't push, the board will be complacent. We could be ridiculed by Valencia, get to the split with the league unresolved and they'd be fine. But we know better. Fans need to make some noise.

Members online

Latest posts

Back