Right Back Centre Back

BILLCOWIE1958

Are Celtic a more potent force with Kris Ajer at RB and marauding forward down the wing and Julien and A N OTHER at CB or with AJER playing in a CB role with another operating in the RB berth

The young Norseman has played in 3 different roles since joining our Club initially being brought in as a midfielder by Ronny Deila only for our last manager (or someone in the coaching regime) to spot the boy's potential as a CB and a loan period at Kilmarnock confirmed as much
IMHO he is the best out and out footballer at the Club and apart from a couple of momentary lapses in concentration last season hasn't really put a foot wrong since coming back from his loan spell in Errshurr

Forget about French Eddy Calmac and Jamesy
Big Kris should be tied down to a long term contract with commensurate remuneration before unwelcome suitors come awooing with derogatory offers which in the cold light of Bonus Pistol Pete may consider too good to refuse

One of the most important things in Ajer"s make up is as a foreign player he totally 'GETS IT' as to the Celtic psyche in much the same way as fellow Scandanavians Larsson Lustig and Mjallby did

There have of course been other foreigners who held the same attitude but I"d be hard pressed to name any with the same passion for our Club as those four fellows
Many who we considered Celtic Minded Men couldn't wait to get their Dream Moves away no matter what condition their departures left the team in

HH?

Last edited:
I think he's been great at RB really effective but I'd probably have him as first choice CB mainly because that is a position that we've historically struggled to fill with real quality and its so important. How many times have we been heading for a great result only for a defensive cock up to ruin it? And I'm not just talking recently it's been going on for 20 plus years.
Hopefully RB is now covered with El Hamed and the new boy all we need now is LB and maybe we'll have a decent defence this season.

Are Celtic a more potent force with Kris Ajer at RB and marauding forward down the wing and Julien and A N OTHER at CB or with AJER playing in a CB role with another operating in the RB berth

The young Norseman has played in 3 different roles since joining our Club initially being brought in as a midfielder by Ronny Deila only for our last manager (or someone in the coaching regime) to spot the boy's potential as a CB and a loan period at Kilmarnock confirmed as much
IMHO he is the best out and out footballer at the Club and apart from a couple of momentary lapses in concentration last season hasn't really put a foot wrong since coming back from his loan spell in Errshurr

Forget about French Eddy Calmac and Jamesy
Big Kris should be tied down to a long term contract with commensurate remuneration before unwelcome suitors come awooing with derogatory offers which in the cold light of Bonus Pistol Pete may consider too good to refuse

One of the most important things in Ajer"s make up is as a foreign player he totally 'GETS IT' as to the Celtic psyche in much the same way as fellow Scandanavians Larsson Lustig and Mjallby did

There have of course been other foreigners who held the same attitude but I"d be hard pressed to name any with the same passion for our Club as those four fellows
Many who we considered Celtic Minded Men couldn't wait to get their Dream Moves away no matter what condition their departures left the team in

HH?

To say he's the best out and out footballer we have at the club is a bit of a stretch imo Bill but he's certainly shaping up to be an integral part of the team. He's conducted himself well enough at both CB and RB which has been impressive as really he's a CM. Not only does he give us a bit of bite (Broony aside something we don't have enough of) but he can carry the ball forward with a bit of purpose and pace, dare I say it, he reminds me a bit of Jorg Albertz in that regard.

In all honesty I think BR's conversion of him from a DCM to a CB was borne out of necessity and not because the bhoy was more suited to the central defensive role, continuing with that now when we have actual CB's is a mistake imo.

Sure we gained a 'good' CB when BR decided to play him there but are we losing out on a 'top class' DCM by keeping him there? I think we'd be a more potent force with big Kris strutting his stuff in central midfield and sooner or later we're going to have to find a successor for Broony......I think that successor is right under our nose in the shape of Kris Ajer!

HH Bill (y)

Last edited:
Back