RIP David Potter

Grim week continues. Carried my mum's coffin into the chapel this evening ahead of her funeral tomorrow. She reached the remarkable age of 92. She was born just a few months before John Thomson played his last game for Celtic. In her last few years she spoke about Ireland and her own family when she was young. A generation we knew little about. She shrugged to remember who we were but vividly recalled the past and we used the information to research by grandfather and his brothers and have uncovered some remarkable stories about there activities in Ireland in 1916 and the struggle that followed. One brother stayed in Ireland-one came to Coatbridge to avoid the Black and Tans and one had gone to Australia. I sent the story to Niall J and Matt Corr and both were fascinated - a remarkable read which I will share in a week or two, think you'll all enjoy it. But tomorrow it's time to say goodbye to a remarkable lady, my mum. RIP
Sorry to hear this sad news, David. May she rest in peace. I look forward to reading this article once you feel you can share it. YNWA 💚

Grim week continues. Carried my mum's coffin into the chapel this evening ahead of her funeral tomorrow. She reached the remarkable age of 92. She was born just a few months before John Thomson played his last game for Celtic. In her last few years she spoke about Ireland and her own family when she was young. A generation we knew little about. She shrugged to remember who we were but vividly recalled the past and we used the information to research by grandfather and his brothers and have uncovered some remarkable stories about there activities in Ireland in 1916 and the struggle that followed. One brother stayed in Ireland-one came to Coatbridge to avoid the Black and Tans and one had gone to Australia. I sent the story to Niall J and Matt Corr and both were fascinated - a remarkable read which I will share in a week or two, think you'll all enjoy it. But tomorrow it's time to say goodbye to a remarkable lady, my mum. RIP
May she rest in peace and forever in your heart.

As Mag7 pointed out, the loss of your Ma' takes a giant chunk out of you that you can never get back, but in the same token - you will feel her presence there, especially in your darkest hours.

I'm not overly religious, I wear my Catholicism mainly as a cloak of convenience and as a a mark of my cultural identity; however - I am a great believer in the immortality of the human spirit and those undying bonds that can never be broken.

I know you will remember your Ma' fondly and that you will embrace the wisdom, decency and integrity she bestowed upon you. I believe we all owe you a wee bit of our strength today as you celebrate the life of this fine woman. She will never be far from your side and her memory lives on upon this Earth in your own deeds and actions.

Strength be with your family and you today, David. Peace be with your Ma' as she takes her rightful place at the high table.

God Bless you all

Sorry for your loss David in my thoughts

HH 🙏

Back