RIP Hagrid!!

So very sad. I loved him in A Kick Up The 80s, Laugh, I Nearly..., Tutti Frutti, Cracker, Harry Potter and his cameos in Blackadder, The Young Ones, etc.

He was hilarious as a comedy actor and intense & powerful when taking on serious roles. He truly was a giant of British entertainment for the last 40 years. I know he has suffered ill health so is now at rest. He will be missed and I am glad I got to enjoy his performances.

R.I.P. Robbie.

Very sad news to hear of his passing away today
Love him in CRACKER, the scene with him and Bobby Carlyle is magnificent
Was in STILL GAME< BOND films, and of course well know for being Hagrid in HARRY POTTER
He was also featured sitting in the audience of Billy Connolly's 'AN audience with Billy Connolly, laughing his head off
RIP big man, what a great ambassador for Scottish talent
YNWA

I remember him playing the bus driver in the still game who had went over the edge, so Jack and victor says to elsa look go up and ask him would he like a blow joby so else says go and chase yourself next minute else goes up to Robbie who's looking angry driving the bus and she says to him "would you stop the bus cause I need a phiss and would you like to watch" has to be one of the funniest things iv ever seen on TV. Robbie was great in that episode as he was in everything he had done in his long career god rest him .thanks for the great memories.

We didn't get Cracker over here, but I'd love to know the context of this scene (is it an interrogation?).

Other than Harry Potter, one film that I liked of his was "Nuns on the Run," which he did with Eric Idle. Robbie Coltrane was very funny, and could have easily had been a Python -- he was that funny. The scene where he is teaching Idle how to do the sign of the cross -- "Spectacles, testicles, wallet and watch" -- is hilarious.

Back