Roy Keane

tommybhoy8881

Heard Roy Keane discussing his time at Celtic he said it was enjoyable but he was slating the training facilities etc ....well we could slag you for been unfit and passed it when you signed and also you should be thanking the 25/30 thousand fans who filled old Trafford for your testimonial....(most of the players from that united team think they are special but most of them are wanks) he should be thankful he had chance to play for a club and a fan base like Celtic .....he's had other wee digs in the past about he should have signed for different club after united etc and also questioning a famous gaa player about why he goes to Celtic park every week as he said something like it cant be to watch good football (forget the players name) hope he gets barred from the ferry arms (1 of the best Celtic bars in cork)🤣

Last edited:
Heard Roy Keane discussing his time at Celtic he said it was enjoyable but he was slating the training facilities etc ....well we could slag you for been unfit and passed it when you signed and also you should be thanking the 25/30 thousand fans who filled old Trafford for your testimonial....(most of the players from that united team think they are special but most of them are wanks) he should be thankful he had chance to play for a club and a fan base like Celtic .....
That’s a cunt a never ever wanted to pull a Celtic jersey on,arrogant cunt..think his debut was against clyde??might be mistaken,but never went well..another grifter looking for pay day…

TBF, Barrowfield was a bit of a dive in today's game and glad to see it will be renovated for the woman's team. Keane, however, loved the dream of pulling on the shirt and am sure since he has been back on several occasions, recently for the Derby, would be the first to praise Lennoxtown and it's facilities for the modern player.
It is alright to be open and frank, and I am sure he would have kept his powder dry had we still used Barrowfield, however, i do not think we would have the players coming had we offered them the facilities of Barrowfield.

Heard Roy Keane discussing his time at Celtic he said it was enjoyable but he was slating the training facilities etc ....well we could slag you for been unfit and passed it when you signed and also you should be thanking the 25/30 thousand fans who filled old Trafford for your testimonial....(most of the players from that united team think they are special but most of them are wanks) he should be thankful he had chance to play for a club and a fan base like Celtic .....
Yes, it must have been a real shock to him to find out our training facilities back then were not as good as the (then) richest club in the world!

He was a fantastic world class player in his day, but a thug who boasted about deliberately crippling an opponent and virtually ending his career. But he was virtually a washed up loudmouth by the time he joined us.

He had a couple of good games in 5 months but still earned a fortune from us. We probably got more value for money from Ian Wright, Dion Dublin or Carlton fecking Cole than we did from Keane.

And he is moaning about a couple of arseholes in the Celtic dressing room back then - we know who one was so.just have to figure out who your partner was.

TBF, Barrowfield was a bit of a dive in today's game and glad to see it will be renovated for the woman's team. Keane, however, loved the dream of pulling on the shirt and am sure since he has been back on several occasions, recently for the Derby, would be the first to praise Lennoxtown and it's facilities for the modern player.
It is alright to be open and frank, and I am sure he would have kept his powder dry had we still used Barrowfield, however, i do not think we would have the players coming had we offered them the facilities of Barrowfield.
Keane was never a Celtic man he was spurs mate but probably liked Celtic as his second club maybe .... barrowfield wasn't the best but slating it knowing fine well that he wasn't great himself is a bit of a joke ....he's said a few things in the past about us mate that haven't been the best

It was a shithole mate but was good enough for far superior players than Keane?who i never remember them slagging it or anything else about the facilities!!!dalglish,jinky,auld,henrik,,to name a few,,,,got no time for anyone slagging off our club…

Yes, it must have been a real shock to him to find out our training facilities back then were not as good as the (then) richest club in the world!

He was a fantastic world class player in his day, but a thug who boasted about deliberately crippling an opponent and virtually ending his career. But he was virtually a washed up loudmouth by the time he joined us.

He had a couple of good games in 5 months but still earned a fortune from us. We probably got more value for money from Ian Wright, Dion Dublin or Carlton fecking Cole than we did from Keane.

And he is moaning about a couple of arseholes in the Celtic dressing room back then - we know who one was so.just have to figure out who your partner was.
I will try and find the article about the GAA player ...he spoke about what Roy said to him about Celtic (think it was maybe a year or 2 after Roy left but can't remember exactly)

I wouldn't put Roy Keane in the World Class category .A leader who gave everything in a Utd shirt but nowhere near as gifted as real world class players like Zidane.Even Viera although Keane got in his head was a far more gifted footballer.

It was a shithole mate but was good enough for far superior players than Keane?who i never remember them slagging it or anything else about the facilities!!!dalglish,jinky,auld,henrik,,to name a few,,,,got no time for anyone slagging off our club…
TBF, most of the other clubs up here all had the same. Even amateur facilities have proper structured surroundings, i take your point on players and their pedigree, but that was the day of the train, pint and bookies, i would give him the benefit of the doubt and state he may have been making an observation into how far we have come.
"I am going back a few years, they have a good one now"

TBF, most of the other clubs up here all had the same. Even amateur facilities have proper structured surroundings, i take your point on players and their pedigree, but that was the day of the train, pint and bookies, i would give him the benefit of the doubt and state he may have been making an observation into how far we have come.
"I am going back a few years, they have a good one now"
A remember the hunz used to train on the private schools rugby pitch at great western road when they had the top players from uk and Europe elite guys of that time,,but you would be hard pressed to hear them gripe even to this day av never heard an ex hun slag them on any subject??a take your point he may have been making an observation🤷‍♂️

A remember the hunz used to train on the private schools rugby pitch at great western road when they had the top players from uk and Europe elite guys of that time,,but you would be hard pressed to hear them gripe even to this day av never heard an ex hun slag them on any subject??a take your point he may have been making an observation🤷‍♂️
I think most of the above would have played anywhere, given they had tax free wages to collect every season.😚

I get all the pints above but barrowfield deserved a slagging it was a shit hole for what big Peter calls a world class club in everything we do.
What I will say I remember being at crumbledome and watching Keane play, he was different class that day he had the whole Huns midfield in his back pocket. He was levels above anything on the park and I believe he had another couple of gears he could have went up.
A shame we didn’t get him earlier and for longer. IMO🤷‍♂️

".........Huns midfield in his back pocket."

He was superb that day. I was going to say in my initial post that his first touch and passing that day was different class. one of the most controlled performances I’ve ever seen. I would never say he wasn’t world class in his day cause he was. As I said before I only wish we got him sooner and for longer

He was superb that day. I was going to say in my initial post that his first touch and passing that day was different class. one of the most controlled performances I’ve ever seen. I would never say he wasn’t world class in his day cause he was. As I said before I only wish we got him sooner and for longer
Calmac does that most games except with dirtier tackles flying in.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back