Ryan Christie

I said after the Leipzig game that Christie is a far better player than McGregor, today proved it by a country mile. Give the boy a new deal now.
Was going to post similar thread about Christie Oldbhoy. I think he's one of the most improved players we have just now. He was thown in v Leipzig and acquitted himself well. His little flicks, short passes, when crowded out are lovely. He can look forward to more game time, as his last 2 perfomances have been excelent. I'd give him 2 goals today. The 3rd goal was a peach. New deal? 100%, YES.

He's a quality player looked right up for it yesterday.If he gets a run of games he'll only get better looks like he's been workin hard in the gym as well.

This is a boy that's listening and working hard.

Add that to the obvious talent he has and we may just have something special. We'll know soon enough.

Last edited:
Ryan was the catalyst for our scote yesterday and the confidence rose within the team too. Tactically though it was perfect coz it opened up the space and hearts had no answer.

Ryan was the catalyst for our scote yesterday and the confidence rose within the team too. Tactically though it was perfect coz it opened up the space and hearts had no answer.

I’m so so fecking happy for that young man ..

Many years ago I played fitba with his dad Charlie in the old highland league side Inverness Thistle, Charlie went on to sign for Celtic although it didn’t pan out great as we had a cracking forward line back then... when wee Ryan was born his da Charlie says to me that one day his wee Ryan would score for the hoops

So wee Ryan won a penalty, the second was his as it crossed the line before Jamsie made sure and what a strike for the 3rd goal.

I’ve lost your number over the years Charlie mate but yes, your wee Ryan has scored for the magical Celtic... hope you put a wee bet on the day you registered his birth as you said you would ??☘️

Christie in the last 2 games has shown that he may have a future at Celtic, he could be the next Callum McGregor, ie someone who it was assumed was on his way out of the club who's become a first team mainstay. I certainly hope so. Whilst he was the difference in the final third yesterday the whole team improved and the tempo increased when Cal Mac was moved into the centre of midfield, not only did we get him running the game from there (he struggles as a left winger) but we also got Scott Sinclair back, the one from 2 seasons ago.

McGregor, has come on superbly under BR, Christie has showed how good a player he can be while out on loan. He needs a good run in the team, his contribution & dedication tae the cause yesterday was absolutely superb, Big Avril & the Edinburgh H*ns had no way of dealing with him.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back