Ryan Christie

He's a great player and I hope its his year to shine in our jersey, I wouldn't mind seeing Scott Alan get a chance as well, both really talented and I would hate to see any of them go without actually seeing if they cut it in our squad first.

I really like him and couldn't understand the rumours of us offloading him on the cheap to Sunderland. Thankfully it was nonsense and he now gets a chance with us. A skillful player with lots of hustle. Also I'd be happy giving Scott Allan a shot when the games come thick and fast in a couple of months time and Broony or Ntcham need a rest.

Last edited:
He looks to have bulked up and added strength to his undoubted ability. I believe he has the managers close attention and should get every chance to shine. Could he be our new striker? It wouldn't surprise me at all. All he needs is the time to learn the position

He could be a direct replacement for Stuart Armstrong, running from midfield beyond the main striker, a run of games (even from the bench) and a couple of goals will give him huge confidence

I was always a little disappointed he didn’t get a shot here as I think he has all the attributes to succeed , but as circumstances have dictated, Dembele going and Armstrong not being replaced he now has a major opportunity to create a future for himself. Remember Armstrong didn’t start as a first teamer under Brendan but he got his chance and the rest is down in Celtic history, Invincible and Double Treble winner. I’m hoping Christie grabs the chance as successfully as Armstrong did.

Get him a 4 year deal. If he hasn't broke into the plans by the end of the season you'd get 3 mill from the English Championship.
Seems like a no brainer cause he is clearly a decent 10, just needs the chance to play week in week out. Might never be 1st choice for Celtic but is a squad player.

He is a talented bhoy, no doubt of that. With the absence of another obvious 3rd striker, he has the tools to do a turn through the middle as well as the ability to sit in behind or play on the flanks. A good all-rounder worthy of a new deal!

KTF

So 10 months since this original post and it is hard to believe that we were debating Christie's future at the club (although most posters have disappeared without a trace). Most of us were sure he could come good, but it happened fo quickly after his 2nd half appearance in the semi against Hearts. Even despite the bad injuries he suffered last season he has become one of our most important players.

Which fringe player do you think will break through this season? I'm going for Shved!

This time last season I'd have gladly taken £2m for Christie. Now I'd be gutted if he left for £20m. Perhaps this shows we shouldn't be so quick to talk down squad players who're yet to really get their chance. Kouassi, for example, has never actually ever played poorly for us.
Yep, every player has to be given time to prove themselves and not be slandered based on very little actual playing time.

Back