Salzburg Coach allegedly in the frame.

Theverdict1

I had a text last week, saying the Salzburg coach was being looked at to become our next full time manager in the summer.

I initially dismissed it as a guy in his pants sitting in his room making up bullshit for his Twitter feed. For they are legion.

Been reading today that this tweet either is being used as proof or that we may indeed be looking at him.

He has worked wonders on a budget that is claimed to be less than what we have. I find that hard to believe, but, that’s the claim.

Putting sentimentality aside, something I have no problem with when it comes to the club, would he be better in the longer term that giving it to Lenny if

a) it was true we were considering him

and

b) He would come?

The only issue, and it is the only issue I have with Lenny, is he is buried deep in Lawell’s pocket. My fear is that we go cheap without a cheep from Lenny.

Whereas, this guy may see us actually invest in getting better. Or at least show intent.

This summer we are in a major rebuilding corner, which to my mind at least, shows the absolute Fucking ballsup that has been committed by those paid plenty to lead us.

Going for 9iar and being in this situation is criminal. Failure to see this day coming is beyond belief and for a CEO to escape getting hounded out for his part in that, tells me that no matter how much Lawell dithers and sees us downgrade, he seems to be bombproof.

He is hiding under the barrage aimed at Rogers. But for me he should be languishing in a cell facing a court martial.

I say it every year, he needs to stop being blind to what we all know needs done. Do I have any faith he will? No I don’t.

If we go for the Salzburg coach and get him would that be too much of a risk in our quest for 10? Will he even consider it seeing that Rogers left without being able to establish us as a CL team through lack of investment?

Or do we stick with Lenny as someone we know will give his all? I’m torn between having one of us and thinking to move up we need someone else.

I suppose the main fear is having a wish to move up a gear, is vastly different from doing what is needed to make that happen. I just don’t believe that Lawell will facilitate any upward trajectory. As any fan will know, every time we have been in a position to move far ahead, the board fuck us up, as the old song goes, over and over.

The departure of Rogers after 7 trophy’s on the trot, without real reinvestment of the cash accumulated, doesn’t have me believing anybody coming in will be backed.

I said it many times. The only thing that would fuck up 10 wasn’t they pricks across the city. It would be us through failing to do what needs to be done. That view has only been strengthened after the events of the last week.

We as a club are a lion, led by shitebags. I just hope that if we do again as we have done before, go cheap and hope, that the same vitriol is aimed at Bonus Ball. For me, the real villain of where we are.

I suppose my view on the Salzburg coach or anyone else, is not what they can do, but what they will be allowed to.

And after being on the verge of 8iar and a treble treble, a major rebuild at a time when we should have the players we need to tackle CL qualification sums us up to a tee.

Would anybody want the Salzburg guy? Or do we stick with Lenny who we know will sweat blood for us?

Other than the fact that we were pretty woeful, Salzburg were a joy to watch and played decent attacking football without fear.

Players need to be encouraged to go out and express themselves and that can only come from their coach.

They were pretty direct at times and that variation in their game kept us guessing. Brendan could have learnt a thing or two from that if his enormous ego didn't get in the way.

Celtic would be a convenient stalking horse for Rose, but on the other hand - he will be aware that BR got a crack at the EPL courtesy of his success at Celtic.

Therein lies the second problem, if he were to accept the job - how long would it be before he's plucked away by a hugely inflated salary.

Kelly nailed it, he's in the frame for some decent jobs in Germany, Spain and no doubt England. I think it's a safer bet to stick with Lenny. The turnover between the end of the season and CL qualifiers is only about a month or so. We have to hit the ground running and start sniffing about potential incoming right now.

Summer just doesn't give us enough time to allow anyone the opportunity to put their own stamp on the team and their playing style.

See this this morning and the Glasgow ty[ical comeback.
Radio Clyde News‏Verified account @RadioClydeNews
BREAKING: Former Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers has had his Bearsden home broken into by thieves.

Thieves left a note to say this was there dream job
Did they mention that they admired this property all their lives and that they would give their lives to make their fence proud.

Did they mention that they admired this property all their lives and that they would give their lives to make their fence proud.
Police scotland reporting that the burglars adapted there tactics to give the doors and windaes a high press with great awarness and organization they forced there way in,
on entering and seeing only large doses of teeth whitener and lactose free milk there honesty and integrity kicked on and they left with fk all

I had a text last week, saying the Salzburg coach was being looked at to become our next full time manager in the summer.

I initially dismissed it as a guy in his pants sitting in his room making up bullshit for his Twitter feed. For they are legion.

Been reading today that this tweet either is being used as proof or that we may indeed be looking at him.

He has worked wonders on a budget that is claimed to be less than what we have. I find that hard to believe, but, that’s the claim.

Putting sentimentality aside, something I have no problem with when it comes to the club, would he be better in the longer term that giving it to Lenny if

and

b) He would come?

The only issue, and it is the only issue I have with Lenny, is he is buried deep in Lawell’s pocket. My fear is that we go cheap without a cheep from Lenny.

Whereas, this guy may see us actually invest in getting better. Or at least show intent.

This summer we are in a major rebuilding corner, which to my mind at least, shows the absolute Fucking ballsup that has been committed by those paid plenty to lead us.

Going for 9iar and being in this situation is criminal. Failure to see this day coming is beyond belief and for a CEO to escape getting hounded out for his part in that, tells me that no matter how much Lawell dithers and sees us downgrade, he seems to be bombproof.

He is hiding under the barrage aimed at Rogers. But for me he should be languishing in a cell facing a court martial.

I say it every year, he needs to stop being blind to what we all know needs done. Do I have any faith he will? No I don’t.

If we go for the Salzburg coach and get him would that be too much of a risk in our quest for 10? Will he even consider it seeing that Rogers left without being able to establish us as a CL team through lack of investment?

Or do we stick with Lenny as someone we know will give his all? I’m torn between having one of us and thinking to move up we need someone else.

I suppose the main fear is having a wish to move up a gear, is vastly different from doing what is needed to make that happen. I just don’t believe that Lawell will facilitate any upward trajectory. As any fan will know, every time we have been in a position to move far ahead, the board fuck us up, as the old song goes, over and over.

The departure of Rogers after 7 trophy’s on the trot, without real reinvestment of the cash accumulated, doesn’t have me believing anybody coming in will be backed.

I said it many times. The only thing that would fuck up 10 wasn’t they pricks across the city. It would be us through failing to do what needs to be done. That view has only been strengthened after the events of the last week.

We as a club are a lion, led by shitebags. I just hope that if we do again as we have done before, go cheap and hope, that the same vitriol is aimed at Bonus Ball. For me, the real villain of where we are.

I suppose my view on the Salzburg coach or anyone else, is not what they can do, but what they will be allowed to.

And after being on the verge of 8iar and a treble treble, a major rebuild at a time when we should have the players we need to tackle CL qualification sums us up to a tee.

Would anybody want the Salzburg guy? Or do we stick with Lenny who we know will sweat blood for us?
He would probably be to expensive for PL liking and would require serious investment in the squad, again not to PL's liking. I suspect we try to do 9iar on the cheap, all the board can see is a healthy bank balance.

and

b) He would come?

Salzburg have a player budget of £41m with turnover of £92m. Compare that with our figures of £59m and £101m respectively and his results are nothing short of impressive. Austria is not a strong league (similar to Scotland), but he’s taken them from competing for the title every year to running away with the title by a wide margin. In Europe, Salzburg hasn’t ever had major success until he guided them to the Europa semifinal last year after a group stage that saw them go undefeated and concede a single goal. Followed that up this year with 6-0 in the group stage including away wins at Celtic Park and RB Leipzig (currently 3rd in German Bundesliga only a few points behind Bayern Munich & Dortmund). Salzburg also hasn’t done this with major investment in the transfer market - they’ve done it with their own academy players (none of whom you’ve ever heard of - Austria at a national level is an also-ran) and cheap foreign signings complemented by a handful of loan players. Their top scorer this season was brought in from Valencia to get game time as he couldn’t break through the starting 11 at Valencia.

Simply put, Marco Rose is an excellent developer of players, not unlike BR, and he also has a very good grasp of the tactical side of the game and has repeatedly shown the ability to take on and beat teams far better - on paper anyway - than Salzburg. And he’s done this with a squad that earns 1/3 less than what Celtic earns.

Zero question in my mind he’s objectively the best candidate for us if we want to progress in Europe. He’ll work with the budget he’s given, improve the abilities of the players he has, get the absolute best performance out of them, and he’ll utilize tactics that will get results regardless of the opponent.

Question is whether or not he wants to leave and whether or not Celtic would be willing to pay the fee to Salzburg to get him.

Salzburg have a player budget of £41m with turnover of £92m. Compare that with our figures of £59m and £101m respectively and his results are nothing short of impressive. Austria is not a strong league (similar to Scotland), but he’s taken them from competing for the title every year to running away with the title by a wide margin. In Europe, Salzburg hasn’t ever had major success until he guided them to the Europa semifinal last year after a group stage that saw them go undefeated and concede a single goal. Followed that up this year with 6-0 in the group stage including away wins at Celtic Park and RB Leipzig (currently 3rd in German Bundesliga only a few points behind Bayern Munich & Dortmund). Salzburg also hasn’t done this with major investment in the transfer market - they’ve done it with their own academy players (none of whom you’ve ever heard of - Austria at a national level is an also-ran) and cheap foreign signings complemented by a handful of loan players. Their top scorer this season was brought in from Valencia to get game time as he couldn’t break through the starting 11 at Valencia.

Simply put, Marco Rose is an excellent developer of players, not unlike BR, and he also has a very good grasp of the tactical side of the game and has repeatedly shown the ability to take on and beat teams far better - on paper anyway - than Salzburg. And he’s done this with a squad that earns 1/3 less than what Celtic earns.

Zero question in my mind he’s objectively the best candidate for us if we want to progress in Europe. He’ll work with the budget he’s given, improve the abilities of the players he has, get the absolute best performance out of them, and he’ll utilize tactics that will get results regardless of the opponent.

Question is whether or not he wants to leave and whether or not Celtic would be willing to pay the fee to Salzburg to get him.

Great post and to my mind spot on. I watched the highlights of our reserves and one of the most notable things is how wee they all are. The physicality now been seen by younger players in other teams, aligned to great technical ability is something we lack. Not just us, but most teams in Scotland.
It has been pointed out that the guy is hit property and I absolutely believe bigger fish in bigger ponds will be looking at him. So the chances of him coming to us is slim and none.

He has done wonders on a budget worse than ours. They played us off the park and were better all over the park. The good thing about that is it can be done. Too many players we have brought in aren’t good enough. Too many will never reach the heights hoped for by us. When 70% of punts don’t work you have to punt whoever found them.

Parks name has been floated again and he may be an option. The game may not have passed us by in a monetary sense for us to achieve more in Europe. Getting a team the qualifies regularly for the CL and securing 3rd place regularly would be a massive step in the right direction.

We showed against Valencia that a couple of quality additions could be the answer. Whoever gets the job must know that too. The trick is finding them. But, they are out there.

What we spoke about yesterday, left a legacy but no doubt now in my mind the guy is a fucking Judas.

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/footbal...0V4Ukci-_HxKxPWVJ5TMvHVzVxzWf_QZlT3soYjGrEyxc

Football news - Brendan Rodgers cashed in integrity to leave Celtic a morally bankrupt manager

By Desmond Kane
20 hours agoUpdated 5 hours ago
I just feel soooooo stupid coz I actually believed what BR said.... boyhood club..... dream job.... believed the lot. The man has no moral compass

I just feel soooooo stupid coz I actually believed what BR said.... boyhood club..... dream job.... believed the lot. The man has no moral compass
Why stupid there was nothing said to not believe what he was saying. Trust is everything what you should feel is let down that such a guy could do this stupid thing, but most defo it is he who is stupid, for it is he who had the most to lose, we move on intact, he moves on tarnished.

and

b) He would come?

Verdict your analysis of Lawwell is one hundred per cent correct. As to Lenny being in his pocket, didnt he leave in 14 because he felt that the board wouldnt back him to go further in Europe? You may be right in your analysis anyway though because Lenny has been buffeted since leaving and may be just glad to be back and not anxious to make waves having realized that the grass isnt greener on the other side.

Hiring a DOF is the only way I see to get around Lawwell's inadequate handling of player matters.

Hiring a DOF is the only way I see to get around Lawwell's inadequate handling of player matters.
1,000% agree. I wouldn’t be surprised if this move isn’t coming from the board specifically to prevent further interference from PL in player matters going forward. His involvement on that front should be limited to setting the overall budget for others more knowledgeable to utilize. We’ve squandered two transfer windows in a row, pissed away £9m opportunity to sell Boyata and replace him, sold Dembele for cheaper than we needed to, and now we’re facing a summer with no permanant manager in place and our head of recruitment has one foot out the door. Oh, and we need to replace 10 players including 3/4 of our starting back line and pray that KT isn’t also poached this summer.

The past 12 months have been a complete shambles and it’s not all BR’s or Congerton’s fault. Having a DoF in place would have ensured that business continued through the transfer windows regardless of what was going on with BR. And who knows, maybe whatever caused that rift between BR and PL never would have occurred.

Getting a DoF is the most important thing the board has on its plate between now and June.

Police scotland reporting that the burglars adapted there tactics to give the doors and windaes a high press with great awarness and organization they forced there way in,
on entering and seeing only large doses of teeth whitener and lactose free milk there honesty and integrity kicked on and they left with fk all
Left by the back door and down Le Stair

W
1,000% agree. I wouldn’t be surprised if this move isn’t coming from the board specifically to prevent further interference from PL in player matters going forward. His involvement on that front should be limited to setting the overall budget for others more knowledgeable to utilize. We’ve squandered two transfer windows in a row, pissed away £9m opportunity to sell Boyata and replace him, sold Dembele for cheaper than we needed to, and now we’re facing a summer with no permanant manager in place and our head of recruitment has one foot out the door. Oh, and we need to replace 10 players including 3/4 of our starting back line and pray that KT isn’t also poached this summer.

The past 12 months have been a complete shambles and it’s not all BR’s or Congerton’s fault. Having a DoF in place would have ensured that business continued through the transfer windows regardless of what was going on with BR. And who knows, maybe whatever caused that rift between BR and PL never would have occurred.

Getting a DoF is the most important thing the board has on its plate between now and June.
Would also like to say that I think if the club strikes out on Marco Rose or Roberto Martinez (both of whom would likely only be here for a couple years before moving on to their next challenge), I think the board ought to give the job to Lenny on a rolling 12 month contract with the understanding that the DoF, whoever that ends up being, may bring in a different manager after next season. If Lenny is going to be here past this season, he needs the support and structure a DoF would give him, and Lenny is good enough of a manager and knows the club inside and out well enough to make it work until the DoF has a chance to get in the door and some of the background changes implemented before bringing in someone more suitable for whatever the DoF has in mind for the managerial role. In essence, Lenny’s interim role could conceivably last until the end of next season if the board prioritize the DoF role and his work over the manager — which would be the smart way to go long term.

Members online

Latest posts

Back