Same old celtic board.

paddyboy

This has been going on for long enough your saying what? how many years has Celtic let the supporters and the manager down by failing to add talent from a position of strength ,Celtic football club will be the laughing stock by all rangers international football club fans if they don't win the league this season ,and we all know that. We wont get 8 in a row never mind 10, if they don't back Brenden Rodgers and yes I know he has made some mistakes on signings, but on their game it is beautiful football to watch, the Celtic way. So come the board ,back Rodgers lets break another record with 10 in a row, and go down in history again , show the Celtic family that we are in this together , and silence rangers international FOREVER. HAIL HAIL.

This threads hysterical paddy.

Especially the opening line.

You hearing voices.

How can somebody be saying anything.... you started the thread ???

This has been going on for long enough your saying what? how many years has Celtic let the supporters and the manager down by failing to add talent from a position of strength ,Celtic football club will be the laughing stock by all rangers international football club fans if they don't win the league this season ,and we all know that. We wont get 8 in a row never mind 10, if they don't back Brenden Rodgers and yes I know he has made some mistakes on signings, but on their game it is beautiful football to watch, the Celtic way. So come the board ,back Rodgers lets break another record with 10 in a row, and go down in history again , show the Celtic family that we are in this together , and silence rangers international FOREVER. HAIL HAIL.

I agree we need better RB

But while we have Lustig who been at club for entire 7 in row and Gamboa, two very highly paid players with loads of international experience on the books, can the club afford a 4th option at right back?

would it be prudent to buy a 4th before we sell at least one.

Would a new right back expect higher wages than Lustig our current number 1 RB

What sort of wage would this new RB be expecting if he was to add more value to the first team?

If we gave him more wages than our current squad would the players who already signed longer contracts feel cheated that they didnt get offered that wage?

If they have a wage structure, are their better quality Right backs available and willing to move to Scotland under the wage structure?

Are Celtic currently paying the highest wages in scotland for their players.

Which clubs are willing to buy players form us and can afford our current wages.
If they aret getting games here or are playing badly why would anyone want to buy them unless they are heavily discounted. And would the current players want to leave unless they were geting better terms elsewhere?

If sevco want to hemourage secret cash all over the place it doesnt matter they are alreadya new club?

Becoming a third new club wont bother them?

Should Celtic just buy players for the sake of buying?

If they are trying to add value can they actually add guaranteed value in the style rodgers plays?

Im sure they could find better players but Im not sure they would be that interested to come to Scoland unless they are geting ahefty wage lift.

And if they getting aheafy wage lift and within our budget are they actually gonna be any better than lustig?

Swedish intrnational with 7 in a row titles
big part of the dressing room.
Has big emotions for Celtic

Does he want to leave?
Why exactly isnt he playing very well last few seasons?

This threads hysterical paddy.

Especially the opening line.

You hearing voices.

How can somebody be saying anything.... you started the thread ???

If it wasn't so serious it might be amusing but he's spot on with his assertions

Can you imagine the furore there will be if we lose the league this season especially if it's SEVCO that win it

Cast your mind back to 2004/5 How gutted were we when we blew the Title in the last few minutes of the season

Similar happened in 2002/3 but because of our Seville run it felt like a great season although we won Heehaw
HH?

Our credibility will be blown to smithereens

If it wasn't so serious it might be amusing but he's spot on with his assertions

Can you imagine the furore there will be if we lose the league this season especially if it's SEVCO that win it

Cast your mind back to 2004/5 How gutted were we when we blew the Title in the last few minutes of the season

Similar happened in 2002/3 but because of our Seville run it felt like a great season although we won Heehaw
HH?

Our credibility will be blown to smithereens

Would be avery biter blow indeed.

Lets assume you were he chairman.

You have all our players currently with their wages. But we need better players.

Which players would you get shot of and why?
Who are better options to fill the gutted squad?
Are they really going to be better options than the double treble winners?
Do we have the long term operation costs to pay these better quality players long term?

Who are selling thee better players and what wages are they currently getting?
Are they coming from the big leagues were 50K per week for most of our first team squad currently probably much more in some cases?
Our better players are not getting the kind of wages they could get at big subsidised leagues.
The guaranteed quality bracket of players are mostly at champions league clubs already. Would they really want to play in Scotland?

Can we get buyers for our already hefty squad?

DOnt we already have much better players than Sevco?

Are we not paying twice their wage bill for our squad?

Factor in the success Celtic have had at spotting talent.
Would the subsidised leagues not think if Celtic are interested they see value there, lets gazump them?

SO the market for young potential comes with higher risk that them flop under Celtic crowd size?

And currently with sky subsidy Celtic cannot compete in bidding war on wages.

I dont blame the board for not backing Rodgers. I think they are backing him. But within reason. And the hit/miss rate of Rodgers signings have so far been pretty wishy washy.

The squad of double treble winners wwages has generally doubled over 2 years and still its no where near the wages of the big league clubs.

VAlue added on the pitch must be tempered by affordable wages.
Its not the premium outlay thats problematic its the wage structures for the high guaranteed quality players.

If Celtic blow the title I for one will be blaming Rodgers for his experimental away game selections.

You say build from position of strength.

How exactly do you do that when you have maxed out the operatiion costs. to go higher short term would mean hemouraging money in the future and then selling players at discount just to keep the club alive.

You really want Celtic to go down the Moonbeam model of finance?

Money in the bank is great if you can transfer that money in bank into higher quality on the pitch even better. If you cant stay within budget you need a sugar daddy or a subsidy from somewhere.

Sevco are busted
Rangers are dead

Sevco only alive through mystery cash loans
They already have serious going concern warning and they have upped their wage bill further while the chairman is being investigated for finacial irregularities and diodgy takeoever and he has history of tax skullduggery to say the least.

You ever thought that maybe sevco trying to make Scottish football toxic and getting the whole thing banned just to say Scottish football died like they predicted?

Celtic should be able to burst every team in scotland with the current squad. If they cant then I doubt adding even more wealth destruction to squad will guarantee anything.

Rodgers gets the big bucks to win the league and the board have doubled the wage bill in backing him thus far. and have given him many mnay new players every window. If he didnt want these players why not quit. If he did want them then didnt the board back him.

Or does backing him mean throwing money away on wages that club cant afford to pay?

You have all our players currently with their wages. But we need better players.

Do we have the long term operation costs to pay these better quality players long term?

Are they coming from the big leagues were 50K per week for most of our first team squad currently probably much more in some cases?
Our better players are not getting the kind of wages they could get at big subsidised leagues.
The guaranteed quality bracket of players are mostly at champions league clubs already. Would they really want to play in Scotland?

Would the subsidised leagues not think if Celtic are interested they see value there, lets gazump them?

SO the market for young potential comes with higher risk that them flop under Celtic crowd size?

I dont blame the board for not backing Rodgers. I think they are backing him. But within reason. And the hit/miss rate of Rodgers signings have so far been pretty wishy washy.

The squad of double treble winners wwages has generally doubled over 2 years and still its no where near the wages of the big league clubs.

Its not the premium outlay thats problematic its the wage structures for the high guaranteed quality players.

If Celtic blow the title I for one will be blaming Rodgers for his experimental away game selections.

How exactly do you do that when you have maxed out the operatiion costs. to go higher short term would mean hemouraging money in the future and then selling players at discount just to keep the club alive.

Money in the bank is great if you can transfer that money in bank into higher quality on the pitch even better. If you cant stay within budget you need a sugar daddy or a subsidy from somewhere.

Sevco are busted
Rangers are dead

They already have serious going concern warning and they have upped their wage bill further while the chairman is being investigated for finacial irregularities and diodgy takeoever and he has history of tax skullduggery to say the least.

You ever thought that maybe sevco trying to make Scottish football toxic and getting the whole thing banned just to say Scottish football died like they predicted?

Celtic should be able to burst every team in scotland with the current squad. If they cant then I doubt adding even more wealth destruction to squad will guarantee anything.

Rodgers gets the big bucks to win the league and the board have doubled the wage bill in backing him thus far. and have given him many mnay new players every window. If he didnt want these players why not quit. If he did want them then didnt the board back him.

Or does backing him mean throwing money away on wages that club cant afford to pay?

A very sensible post TET - I would add the board could already have received over 20 million for Boyata and Ntcham but have refused to sell because finding a replacement may be impossible. Fans seem to think great players grow in an orchard ready to be plucked by anyone who wants them. That's almost true for teams such as Man City, Barcelona, PSG or Real Madrid, but Celtic FC play in Scotland where wages are a tiny fraction of these teams. Fans want a player who's good enough to play in the grade 1 leagues of England, Spain, Germany, France or Italy, but the same player must be happy to play in an inferior league with half the wages! Trying to find such a fit is almost as hard as finding a lesser spotted dodo bird in Cambuslang. We are already paying high wages to about 10 players who will probably never play another game for the first team. There is no point in continually adding to that 10. Let's hope Bayo isn't yet another useless wage earner, but hopefully him, Weah and Edouard will tear up Scottish football in the run in, and Boyata gives us 100% commitment (unlikely).

A very sensible post TET - I would add the board could already have received over 20 million for Boyata and Ntcham but have refused to sell because finding a replacement may be impossible. Fans seem to think great players grow in an orchard ready to be plucked by anyone who wants them. That's almost true for teams such as Man City, Barcelona, PSG or Real Madrid, but Celtic FC play in Scotland where wages are a tiny fraction of these teams. Fans want a player who's good enough to play in the grade 1 leagues of England, Spain, Germany, France or Italy, but the same player must be happy to play in an inferior league with half the wages! Trying to find such a fit is almost as hard as finding a lesser spotted dodo bird in Cambuslang. We are already paying high wages to about 10 players who will probably never play another game for the first team. There is no point in continually adding to that 10. Let's hope Bayo isn't yet another useless wage earner, but hopefully him, Weah and Edouard will tear up Scottish football in the run in, and Boyata gives us 100% commitment (unlikely).

Well we already lost out on £30/40 million by not qualifying for CL and if we don't win the league we'll miss out again

Even if we do win league there is no guarantee that we'll qualify for CL next season and then players who may have come will snub us to go elsewhere where there IS a chance of CL football Perhaps even to SEVCO who's intention it is to clear their debt by CL qualification

HH?

Your missing the point Bill thats factoring in the 30 million CL
Last season we had CL the accounts from last season was 87 million OP costs with 100 M revenue
SO minus 30 million would make us 17 million loss last season without CL

Now assuming OP costs are 87 million this season with europa l we need 87 million to break even.

Now last season had PAddy roberts, dembele, the wee dude from chelseqa for 6 months. Factor in the potential reduction in bonuses to staff players for failing to get to CL

But on top of that we have signed few renewed contracts with current players and i suspect they would have had to put Tierney wages up with the big offer from everton. Who knows?

But the damaging thing for any football club is the operation costs.

For example the superficial MSM garbage says buy 10 million player sell him 3 years later 20 million made 10 million profit.

But thats cosmetic only. his wages might be 20 million for 3 years so you really only recouped your wages but nobody factors that bit in especially the MSM

And in this country the MSM hates Celtic so they will make it look like the board are tight fisted.

Ordinary levels of income for celtic would be around 60M

So if the op costs are 87 million then you need champions league just to cover the op costs.

If not you need to sell.

The champions league money has been factored into the budgets its not extra bonus money.

If celtics ord income for ordinary season is 60M Then having wage above 60 million is high risk.

Messi wages are probably around 52 million per year. before bonuses
Defoe wages are 5 million per year approx

So you geta free player but he wants 5 million wages.

You think skint flint board surely we could get someone better than him.

4 year contract 5 million per year is 20 million ovr 4 seasons

You seeing why Celtic cnat compete without the meg bucks from TV satelitte deals the big leagues get?

We have more than enough at our disposal at the minute to win the league this season if we improve on the 1st half even just 10%
My opinion is Rodgers is desperate to enhance his cv in the champions league as he knows that’s the only way he gets another high profile EPL gig E.G Chelsea/Arsenal
I don’t think he’s interested in the Leicester’s or any of the other jobs like that.

We have more than enough at our disposal at the minute to win the league this season if we improve on the 1st half even just 10%
My opinion is Rodgers is desperate to enhance his cv in the champions league as he knows that’s the only way he gets another high profile EPL gig E.G Chelsea/Arsenal
I don’t think he’s interested in the Leicester’s or any of the other jobs like that.
Don't get how you think Brendans trying to enhance his cv in the champions league ,we've been a disater in europe his tactics have been bewildering at times add to that i don't think any EPL team have any interest in coming in for him
This seems to be a default each season , he's working his ticket back into the EPL idoubt it and i would put money on neither london scum or Arsenal would be interested in him

Don't get how you think Brendans trying to enhance his cv in the champions league ,we've been a disater in europe his tactics have been bewildering at times add to that i don't think any EPL team have any interest in coming in for him
This seems to be a default each season , he's working his ticket back into the EPL idoubt it and i would put money on neither london scum or Arsenal would be interested in him
He put the blame on the board this season after we went out to aek Athens and he constantly talks about signing quality because the system he plays requires better players
If he refuses to change the system that’s true but I agree his tactics have at times been strange
But I deffo think he has got plans to return to the EPL his constant battles with Lawell over budget will eventually come to a head

Nobody wants to play in Scotland unless they are looking for recovery from injury or finishing of their career's.,A team like Celtic should never be hold to ransom by this type of player.A £2m become a £6m whenever our name is mentioned.I back the board 100% simply because i could not cope with what happened to Sevco could happen to us.We have done not too bad the last few years and should be enjoying the dominance which we hold at the moment.Sevco will go bust again trying to stop us andto me that is better than 10 in a row.
As for Europe,I'm enjoying watching Celtic this Season playing teams that on our game we CAN beat.

Nobody wants to play in Scotland unless they are looking for recovery from injury or finishing of their career's.,A team like Celtic should never be hold to ransom by this type of player.A £2m become a £6m whenever our name is mentioned.I back the board 100% simply because i could not cope with what happened to Sevco could happen to us.We have done not too bad the last few years and should be enjoying the dominance which we hold at the moment.Sevco will go bust again trying to stop us andto me that is better than 10 in a row.
As for Europe,I'm enjoying watching Celtic this Season playing teams that on our game we CAN beat.

Should beat

HH?

Sevco are busted
Rangers are dead

Fantastic post.

We have to remember we are still top and going for the treble treble.

If we hadn’t lost 1-0, would there be this level of panic?

Fantastic post.

We have to remember we are still top and going for the treble treble.

If we hadn’t lost 1-0, would there be this level of panic?
I think looking at the bigger picture boab it's the crap summer window ,dropped points away from home the slow start but the 1-0 from the zombies was the final straw

I'm getting fed up with Brendan coming out with rubbish. If we get a player in it must be of quality.
What he means to say is that they must be cheap as possible and if PL doesn't like the price they don't come in. Millions in the bank and scared to spend a penny.

Members online

Latest posts

Back