Sarajevo

Winter

Surely I'm not alone in thinking that of all the opening ties we could have gotten Sarajevo is perhaps the toughest? Add to it that we've switched the first leg to Bosnia and this is a potential banana skin. Apologies if this thread is a repeat. I've not been on as much since the season ended. I'm not a pessimistic celt and always fancy our chances. This is a game that on paper we should have no problems with. Paper pitches are like plastic pitches though and can throw up anything. My main concern is that in all the years I've followed us barring the run to seville and a couple of seasons before and after we've never travelled well. It infuriates me to see at times how Celtic and a club with our stature can defeat Leipzig, zenit, Barca, man utd etc at parkhead but really struggle in Gibraltar against European giants like the red Imps. I'm long of the belief that there's something wrong with the clubs psychie when we play away in Europe. At times it's as though we forget (or the team does) who we are and represent, money's changed the game but for all the years of European football ,still our 2 champions cup final appearances, UEFA cup final , world club cup finals/intercontinental cup final puts us in the top 20 most successful clubs ever seen in European competition. Lenny brought back the noise first time round I pray he can work similar minor miracles 2nd time around. We shouldn't even have to play these games. I've always thought if you're a former winner then 1 play off round max. One things for certain under lenny we will not see the AEK debacle or anything like it. Sports pshycologists are more and more common in today's game. I might be alone in thinking this but I don't think it would hurt our club to get all and any help we can to help the players remember in these away games that we are the giants on show if a sports psychologist can do that for us get one I say. Clubs dont fear playing us outside Glasgow as they once did. BR has to take part of the blame for that, lining up v PSG like we would v QOS an idiotic idea. "We'll learn from this " he told us. Aye who forgets utter humiliation Brendan? On anothernote great to see/hear griff banging goals in again though not getting carried away as we've played no-one of note so tonight's game has added significance (for myself) given our dismal record against Swiss clubs. If we beat st gallen this evening I'm taking that as a good omen. God I'm so bored only f1 to keep me going but they're not regular enough. I wasn't for lenny , thought he'd be a yes man with 2mill per player budget , I was wrong it seems the board are taking the next push towards 10 as seriously as I couldve dared dreamed £7 million for a defender wtf ? €8 million for a defender wtf ? Thought the euro and sterling were about the same value these days? So I'm wrong or someone canny do their sums. Anyway that's my rant over (I was due one anyway) COYBIG HH YNWA. Woke up .. still champions

Surely I'm not alone in thinking that of all the opening ties we could have gotten Sarajevo is perhaps the toughest? Add to it that we've switched the first leg to Bosnia and this is a potential banana skin. Apologies if this thread is a repeat. I've not been on as much since the season ended. I'm not a pessimistic celt and always fancy our chances. This is a game that on paper we should have no problems with. Paper pitches are like plastic pitches though and can throw up anything. My main concern is that in all the years I've followed us barring the run to seville and a couple of seasons before and after we've never travelled well. It infuriates me to see at times how Celtic and a club with our stature can defeat Leipzig, zenit, Barca, man utd etc at parkhead but really struggle in Gibraltar against European giants like the red Imps. I'm long of the belief that there's something wrong with the clubs psychie when we play away in Europe. At times it's as though we forget (or the team does) who we are and represent, money's changed the game but for all the years of European football ,still our 2 champions cup final appearances, UEFA cup final , world club cup finals/intercontinental cup final puts us in the top 20 most successful clubs ever seen in European competition. Lenny brought back the noise first time round I pray he can work similar minor miracles 2nd time around. We shouldn't even have to play these games. I've always thought if you're a former winner then 1 play off round max. One things for certain under lenny we will not see the AEK debacle or anything like it. Sports pshycologists are more and more common in today's game. I might be alone in thinking this but I don't think it would hurt our club to get all and any help we can to help the players remember in these away games that we are the giants on show if a sports psychologist can do that for us get one I say. Clubs dont fear playing us outside Glasgow as they once did. BR has to take part of the blame for that, lining up v PSG like we would v QOS an idiotic idea. "We'll learn from this " he told us. Aye who forgets utter humiliation Brendan? On anothernote great to see/hear griff banging goals in again though not getting carried away as we've played no-one of note so tonight's game has added significance (for myself) given our dismal record against Swiss clubs. If we beat st gallen this evening I'm taking that as a good omen. God I'm so bored only f1 to keep me going but they're not regular enough. I wasn't for lenny , thought he'd be a yes man with 2mill per player budget , I was wrong it seems the board are taking the next push towards 10 as seriously as I couldve dared dreamed £7 million for a defender wtf ? €8 million for a defender wtf ? Thought the euro and sterling were about the same value these days? So I'm wrong or someone canny do their sums. Anyway that's my rant over (I was due one anyway) COYBIG HH YNWA. Woke up .. still champions

We’ll take home and away Winter, without disrespect to Sarajevo, we have more in the tank.

We’ll take home and away Winter, without disrespect to Sarajevo, we have more in the tank.
I'm a believer like yourself M but all I know of Bosnia and Herzegovina fitba is <-------this much-----> I know the national squad are improving with decent players, this is the former Yugoslavia no one's mugs at fitba. I'd settle for a draw (scoring draw) followed by resounding victory at home. Much prefer resounding victory at home and away. I'm keeping the faith nae worries with just a little bit of cautioness added.

I'm a believer like yourself M but all I know of Bosnia and Herzegovina fitba is <-------this much-----> I know the national squad are improving with decent players, this is the former Yugoslavia no one's mugs at fitba. I'd settle for a draw (scoring draw) followed by resounding victory at home. Much prefer resounding victory at home and away. I'm keeping the faith nae worries with just a little bit of cautioness added.

They sound like a good bunch tbh pal and they seem to be driving forward but although we have got europe spectacularly wrong the last couple of seasons we do have more going for us in the stats, we just need to turn up and play like i know we can.

Win over both legs. Don’t foresee high score but defo 2 outa 2.

I think it's going to be very tough. Summer temperatures in Sarajevo rarely dip below the high-twenties and that team they have isn't full of diddies. It's not like they're better than us - we should be beating them home and away. But that first leg, I agree with Winter, is a potential wobbler.

I think it's going to be very tough. Summer temperatures in Sarajevo rarely dip below the high-twenties and that team they have isn't full of diddies. It's not like they're better than us - we should be beating them home and away. But that first leg, I agree with Winter, is a potential wobbler.
I think once through this tie that we might even face easier ties though none are easy at this level. They will not be happy to have drawn us either probably less so. Biggest first round game I can remember that's no bad thing though as we've before with started clubs from Wales and the faroes, N and ireland etc where everyone expects us to dish out a thumping maybe it's better (maybe) that we start with decent opposition

1st thing 1st wee need to as a club and fan base to stop using these excuses:
We shouldn't have to play so many qualifiers.
Oh it's so hot. Did we meantion it's hot.....it's so hot.
It's only preseason.

Great rant Winter,our away form in Europe gives me the heebie jeebies! Hail Hail

No, they're shite, in relative terms. About as good as a Scottish Championship side. It'll be like playing Ayr United - they'll get a few chances due to the early-season rust but Celtic's superior ability and professionalism will overwhelm them after two legs.

Tight game over there, but always with the chance we'll run riot. Celtic Park, we'll pump them senseless.

I think they will be as good as our top 6 teams

Bosnia may not be top league

But that team with big crowd in very hot climate will be no mugs

I think they will be very up for it. and I suspect they will be better than most our premier sides

Still expect to win over two legs

I would take any win away

if we win by 2 goals or more away ill be over the moon

Back