Scott Bain

Think as best of the rest it probably makes sense. Not a lot of confidence in him if he had to play for several weeks rather than the odd game. Hopefully in summer we don't just look at a back up, we look at someone to provide real competition. That said the club think Tobi Oluwayemi will be ready for first team in two years, so Bain til 2024 may be how they see it.

Think as best of the rest it probably makes sense. Not a lot of confidence in him if he had to play for several weeks rather than the odd game. Hopefully in summer we don't just look at a back up, we look at someone to provide real competition. That said the club think Tobi Oluwayemi will be ready for first team in two years, so Bain til 2024 may be how they see it.
Also looks like hazard is on borrowed time also and can't be to impressed with his progress either as it looks atm.

Bain is clearly not at the same level as Hart, but then again very few are that we can afford these days, and certainly it would be very difficult for a team like us to hold onto 2 players at this high level.

Personally I'm not quite so down on Bain as most people are on here. I remember when he first broke into the team and he went on an amazing run of clean sheets which was only broken when Motherwell unexpectedly broke up the pitch and scored when everyone had stopped as they were expecting them to follow fair play protocols and return the ball to us after we kicked it out for an injury. The uproar about this terrible sportsmanship was all conveniently forgotten about as Rodgers sneaked out the door 2 days later...!

There was also a lot of positive analysis of how good he was at distributing the ball with his feet (a real weakness of the otherwise superb Craig Gordon), although I'd say he has dropped off a bit so needs to work hard on this again.

I think if we take these factors into account that he can indeed continue to be a decent back-up goalie for us for a couple of seasons until the youngster is ready. I have read that he is a good influence in the changing room too which always helps so many new players to settle into the club. This is not always the case for perpetual back-ups who are not getting played too often.

Bain is clearly not at the same level as Hart, but then again very few are that we can afford these days, and certainly it would be very difficult for a team like us to hold onto 2 players at this high level.

Personally I'm not quite so down on Bain as most people are on here. I remember when he first broke into the team and he went on an amazing run of clean sheets which was only broken when Motherwell unexpectedly broke up the pitch and scored when everyone had stopped as they were expecting them to follow fair play protocols and return the ball to us after we kicked it out for an injury. The uproar about this terrible sportsmanship was all conveniently forgotten about as Rodgers sneaked out the door 2 days later...!

There was also a lot of positive analysis of how good he was at distributing the ball with his feet (a real weakness of the otherwise superb Craig Gordon), although I'd say he has dropped off a bit so needs to work hard on this again.

I think if we take these factors into account that he can indeed continue to be a decent back-up goalie for us for a couple of seasons until the youngster is ready. I have read that he is a good influence in the changing room too which always helps so many new players to settle into the club. This is not always the case for perpetual back-ups who are not getting played too often.
(y) I think that last point about being good for the changing room and actually happy, if not honoured, to even be a back up probably edged it when it came to the new deal. Deal makes sense for the two years it is.
As for Hazard, you'd imagine there is a 'keeper in there but he won't get to prove that at Celtic, just not scope for it. Best he moves on, then we can regret it if it comes to it, but in meantime he can forge a career he won't get at Celtic without a lot of luck.

No need for the fannies on twitter sending daft messages back to the club just fuckin no text anything if dont like it ffs
Armchair pundits, pissed off because somebody stole their fucking mops
Clowns
At least if a club comes in for Scott Bain, they will have to pay some money for him, he is a decent keeper, but he hasn't played for a while, then gets thrown in, and the rust shows
Barkas is a gong show, and the sooner we get rid of him, the better
SPFL isn't for everyone and he's had too many 'Deer in the headlights' moments for me
But then again, opinions
HH

Last edited:
Agree, Bridiebhoy -- I remember that game. Lost all respect for Motherhell, and I've never regained it. They suck.

As for Bain, I think he's pretty adequate and a good backup. He's no Hart -- who is? -- but he has played pretty well for us. Glad he's here, and will be for awhile.

We need another Goalie,
Get this, 'we've got a number 1 goalie and a number 2 goalie' to fuck.
I want 2 number 1 goalies. Play them weeks/games about, if you want.
Fuck this, 'lets wait till he makes a mistake shite'.
Let's just have 2.

We need another Goalie,
Get this, 'we've got a number 1 goalie and a number 2 goalie' to fuck.
I want 2 number 1 goalies. Play them weeks/games about, if you want.
Fuck this, 'lets wait till he makes a mistake shite'.
Let's just have 2.
Actually, we don't. One phenomenal goalie -- Hart -- and one very able and adequate backup in case the starter goes down with an injury -- Bain -- are really all you need.

Barkas, is wasting a wage get him out on loan with a fee at the end ,£2-3m. Hazard get him out on loan & see if he's got it or punt him. Bain good back up for Hart. Very few young keepers out there who have not got crazy release fees in their contracts. If you've got £10-20m you'd maybe get a decent young keeper 🤔

What about making a move for the Ivory Coast goalie - I hear he is excellent.

On second thoughts, maybe we shouldn't bother!

What about making a move for the Ivory Coast goalie - I hear he is excellent.

On second thoughts, maybe we shouldn't bother!

And they say African fitbaw’s up and coming…..even the guy that scored nearly fell over his own feet, 💩

Last edited:
Must admit to be a bit surprised with this news as I thought we would have been looking for a better back keeper to Joe Hart imo.
It is a surprise but as a back up hes not let Ange down, hes still young 30 especially for a goalie , I'd like to see the young English under 18 cap get some game time , or bench time with the first team aweyalumo ( dont quote me on his name lol) but hes very highly rated and though its maybe a few seasons early for him Bain as a back up I'm not disappointed is the best I can say, perhaps with things dragging on over the Barkas move it's a safe bet? Barkas is on 20kpwk allegedly he'll likely want similar to move on hopefully hes not going to run his long time still to go contract

Think this rebuild is all but completed now for the time being, especially with Bain looking as being confirmed as the no 2 keeper for the foreseeable now.
When it looks like now that we have great cover in every position in terms of quality available for how Ange wants to set the team up, then the back up keeper remains by far the weakest imo.
Yet it isn't a position you would change unless forced to, so Bain must have plenty about him still to be happy to play that role, and more important Ange must be happy enough with Bain to offer him a new contract also.
So if Ange is happy enough with the situation as back up keeper then I'll be happy enough also, and just continue praying Hart remains available for the foreseeable also.

Think this rebuild is all but completed now for the time being, especially with Bain looking as being confirmed as the no 2 keeper for the foreseeable now.
When it looks like now that we have great cover in every position in terms of quality available for how Ange wants to set the team up, then the back up keeper remains by far the weakest imo.
Yet it isn't a position you would change unless forced to, so Bain must have plenty about him still to be happy to play that role, and more important Ange must be happy enough with Bain to offer him a new contract also.
So if Ange is happy enough with the situation as back up keeper then I'll be happy enough also, and just continue praying Hart remains available for the foreseeable also.
Aye agreed johnno also its slightly unfair on Bain to be compared to Hart given that Hart has played and won everything at the highest level bar the big ears cup. Bain has looked improved of late what weve seen but even Barkas looked improved ( not hard really) but like you I'm trusting in Ange and I'm buying into him 100% ( p.s if he could delay taking off our best players for another 5-10 minutes during games we've not completely killed off thatd be the dugs bollocks) HH

Back