Scottish cup 20/21

Winter

Since the winners of the Scottish cup, like the league cup before it has now lost its European spot for the winners. It seems to me that we have won the last of the meaningful trebles and trebles will never mean the same again. In these circumstances & given that we have begun to blood our youngsters in the first team the past two games , albeit forced upon us . Our club should now forget about trebles and focus solely on winning the title with the first team and always play the youngsters in both cups. We were denied the chance to play colts in div2 even though it wouldve brought much needed money to the lower echelons of the Scottish game. This way we can guarantee the youngsters first team action if they merit it. Presenting a clear road map for our youngsters to first team football, we are losing them to other clubs almost as fast as this title is disappearing. If the club does this its surely a win win scenario for us? Why pay money for youth prospects if they have no prospects of playing? The money we have spent acquiring these youngsters probably amounts to more than winning both cups combined. The supporters will turn out to see them so no matchday revenue losses either . This is a no brainer for me I hope that someone at the club sees it that way too. Will be some early exits ,but we have to have a clear incentive for these bhoys or we will continue to lose them Harper back to the states looking likely , one or two to bayern, man city and miami . Is it not worth the gamble if it's even a gamble? Then if we need unexpected replacements we have experienced ready to go players already at the club , as it should always be.

From what I've seen, none of them have what it takes...maybe Welsh....it takes a strong personality along with the required talent to make it into the Celtic first team.....maybe there's the reason for Lenny not trusting them?

From what I've seen, none of them have what it takes...maybe Welsh....it takes a strong personality along with the required talent to make it into the Celtic first team.....maybe there's the reason for Lenny not trusting them?
From what I've seen being the important part there Docco wasn't that long ago at all that wed seen nothing of soro or Turnbull because lenny thought that they werent ready. He thought wrong or his lap top buddy or Kennedy forgot to relay the fact we had 2 game changers sitting on the bench for half the season. Point is if the club go out of their way to get a youngsters signature, then we need to see them play, not bounce games indoors or at Hamilton or scotstoun but at CP in tournament's that means nothing now , not to us, but to young hungry hoops it's a perfect opportunity to show what they've got and can improve their chances of a call up to the first team. The SFA should never have taken the european place away from the winners , in doing so they have devalued their own tournament and oldest FA cup tournament in the world. Reminds me of another mob who are devaluing their own product.

Since the winners of the Scottish cup, like the league cup before it has now lost its European spot for the winners. It seems to me that we have won the last of the meaningful trebles and trebles will never mean the same again. In these circumstances & given that we have begun to blood our youngsters in the first team the past two games , albeit forced upon us . Our club should now forget about trebles and focus solely on winning the title with the first team and always play the youngsters in both cups. We were denied the chance to play colts in div2 even though it wouldve brought much needed money to the lower echelons of the Scottish game. This way we can guarantee the youngsters first team action if they merit it. Presenting a clear road map for our youngsters to first team football, we are losing them to other clubs almost as fast as this title is disappearing. If the club does this its surely a win win scenario for us? Why pay money for youth prospects if they have no prospects of playing? The money we have spent acquiring these youngsters probably amounts to more than winning both cups combined. The supporters will turn out to see them so no matchday revenue losses either . This is a no brainer for me I hope that someone at the club sees it that way too. Will be some early exits ,but we have to have a clear incentive for these bhoys or we will continue to lose them Harper back to the states looking likely , one or two to bayern, man city and miami . Is it not worth the gamble if it's even a gamble? Then if we need unexpected replacements we have experienced ready to go players already at the club , as it should always be.
No problems with the logic winter, only problem is that the coaching that is currently going on seems horrendous at the moment.
Even the confidence within the experienced players is at an all time low.
A total restructure is desperatly needed and when the so called head of all football matters is acting so clueless is it really any wonder that so many of the youngsters seem to be following suit?

No problems with the logic winter, only problem is that the coaching that is currently going on seems horrendous at the moment.
Even the confidence within the experienced players is at an all time low.
A total restructure is desperatly needed and when the so called head of all football matters is acting so clueless is it really any wonder that so many of the youngsters seem to be following suit?
Totally , I didnt mean under this management team that has to go unsure if Kennedy still has a place maybe best he go too come back older wiser. When Rodgers came in you could see it in front of you genuinely improved players by a superior coaching method that everyone has their own opinions on but players like ajer Christie even broony, visibly improving the talent at their disposal. Its what the best coaches/managers do lenny once did it to an extent with us. If the club are in anyway ambitious they will pay for a manager , slippy is highest paid on 2.5 million plus bonuses a year so then Celtic can afford to pay more than that for the services of another top manager, there are many, might cost £4 million for someone like Howe. The improvement is worth it , as much as a new player it lifts the spirits and focus for the clubs players who want to impress and play. We wanted 2 champions league places now weve got them if the club doesnt invest we could decline badly and lose the 2 cl places.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back