Scottish media and our Board.

I can give you a reason Lubo but it's not a good one or one you'll like mate.

In the eyes of the board releasing statements in defence of the fans in instances like this brings more exposure to the 'story' which in turn leads to unwanted attention on the club itself and they no doubt believe that harms the 'business'. Better to stay silent, let the fans cop the flak and wait for it all to blow over than damage the 'brand' further with negative press by getting directly involved themselves.

It's just another symptom of the all consuming corporate mindset at the top of our club imo, a mindset that views Celtic as a business entity rather than a football club. It's why they employ a transfer strategy based on profit, it's why they're more focused on spending that profit on light-shows/hotels/superstores than on players, it's why they've stayed silent on the whole Rangers scandal, it's why they continue to blank Res 12 and never take the SFA to task in any meaningful sense, it's why they continue to allow a hostile press access and it's why they're happy to sit back and leave the fans to fight their own corner because to do otherwise could potentially damage the 'business' in their eyes.

This is my main issue with Lawell & the board, I'm all for good business practice and of course keeping the club solvent is everyone's main priority, but I feel like the soul and identity of our club is being crushed under the weight of their business ideology to the point where our sense of what and who we are and what this club represents is being stripped away and discarded.

They've virtually turned a proud 132 year old footballing institution which has contributed so much to the game into a development club. They use the reputation of the Celtic support along with the history and traditions of our community when it suits their aims of promoting 'the brand' but try to purge and airbrush out the parts they deem problematic to those aims. They barely uttered a word or sought anything resembling justice or recompense when a club, who were not only our biggest rivals but who stood as a symbol to those who oppressed our community for over a century, were exposed as systematic cheats. They feebly accepted the active role a corrupt and institutionally biased SFA played in enabling that systematic cheating and not only allowed all concerned to get off scot-free but allowed the perpetrators to stay in place and engage in a whitewash.

All of this along with their continuing failure to stand up for the Celtic support when they're being rounded on and lied about by the haters in the press and elsewhere comes down to one thing, for the board business is king and takes precedence over everything else and unfortunately that includes us.

HH Lubo.

Last edited:

In the eyes of the board releasing statements in defence of the fans in instances like this brings more exposure to the 'story' which in turn leads to unwanted attention on the club itself and they no doubt believe that harms the 'business'. Better to stay silent, let the fans cop the flak and wait for it all to blow over than damage the 'brand' further with negative press by getting directly involved themselves.

It's just another symptom of the all consuming corporate mindset at the top of our club imo, a mindset that views Celtic as a business entity rather than a football club. It's why they employ a transfer strategy based on profit, it's why they're more focused on spending that profit on light-shows/hotels/superstores than on players, it's why they've stayed silent on the whole Rangers scandal, it's why they continue to blank Res 12 and never take the SFA to task in any meaningful sense, it's why they continue to allow a hostile press access and it's why they're happy to sit back and leave the fans to fight their own corner because to do otherwise could potentially damage the 'business' in their eyes.

This is my main issue with Lawell & the board, I'm all for good business practice and of course keeping the club solvent is everyone's main priority, but I feel like the soul and identity of our club is being crushed under the weight of their business ideology to the point where our sense of what and who we are and what this club represents is being stripped away and discarded.

They've virtually turned a proud 132 year old footballing institution which has contributed so much to the game into a development club. They use the reputation of the Celtic support along with the history and traditions of our community when it suits their aims of promoting 'the brand' but try to purge and airbrush out the parts they deem problematic to those aims. They barely uttered a word or sought anything resembling justice or recompense when a club, who were not only our biggest rivals but who stood as a symbol to those who oppressed our community for over a century, were exposed as systematic cheats. They feebly accepted the active role a corrupt and institutionally biased SFA played in enabling that systematic cheating and not only allowed all concerned to get off scot-free but allowed the perpetrators to stay in place and engage in a whitewash.

All of this along with their continuing failure to stand up for the Celtic support when they're being rounded on and lied about by the haters in the press and elsewhere comes down to one thing, for the board business is king and takes precedence over everything else and unfortunately that includes us.

HH Lubo.
HH Andy!!!

Whilst we harp on about our board maybe we should focus our attention on the role models inthe game, fucking glad our club deal honestly in an efficient manner.
So let your kids see the greatest players in the world strut their stuff whilst you the parent plays by the rules.
Cristiano Ronaldo to plead guilty to tax fraud in Madrid on Tuesday
274c.png
Avoids jail
1f4b0.png
£17m fine
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...rid-tax-plea-fine-court-hearing-a8739186.html

Whilst we harp on about our board maybe we should focus our attention on the role models inthe game, fucking glad our club deal honestly in an efficient manner.
So let your kids see the greatest players in the world strut their stuff whilst you the parent plays by the rules.
274c.png
Avoids jail
1f4b0.png
£17m fine
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...rid-tax-plea-fine-court-hearing-a8739186.html
There's the case for the defence and excellently presented, Boab.

Can't argue with that reasoning!

HH Lubo.
Best post I’ve read all night,spot on mate..

HH Lubo.

HH Andy ???

the good old fourth estate, eh, why "estate" aye exactly!

Its run for and on behalf of the first 3 estates

1st Estate The crown of the Kingdom - the establishment - the aristocrats - Temporal power (Land)
2nd Estate The Church of the Kingdom - the establishment - Spiritual Power (Land)
3rd Estate The Burgesses - The Guilds - The knights - Bourgeois - The Masons ((Capital)
4th Estate The Media - Minsitry of propaganda for the Crown or Land and the Capital (Masons)

Underclass - the labour -the proleteriat- the serfs - the fettered.

1st Estate The crown of the Kingdom - the establishment - the aristocrats - Temporal power (Land)
2nd Estate The Church of the Kingdom - the establishment - Spiritual Power (Land)
3rd Estate The Burgesses - The Guilds - The knights - Bourgeois - The Masons ((Capital)
4th Estate The Media - Minsitry of propaganda for the Crown or Land and the Capital (Masons)

Sure you don't want to reconsider that cabinet appointment, TET?

Or how about Transport Minister and you can send the huns on a slow train to Fuckoffsville, or on a fast-track to oblivion?

spot on TET!, that's why we'll never get a fair go!!!
5th estate is their fascist stormtroops!!!

You will notice if you look carefully that all 4 estates are based inside the principality of the Square Mile. The inner City of London. The corporation of London. Different laws different tax breaks and most importantly cannot be tried in the crown courts. They need a higher court - but they have hijacked the higher courts and put them under the crown.

That is the glorious revolution. Different laws for the inner sanctum. The crown is not a body its a crown. It is over the head of the state, whom they select. The crown is the power its independent of the body and when its on the head of the monarch the monarch becomes the body of the crown. But the crown is not a body. Its a crown. It has no body. It is nobody.

And the crown will assure you that nobody is above the law. The body is below the crown. The crown is the law.

so if your part of the crown or protected by the crown then you are practically untouchable unless the crown discards you back into the body.

Dont get too many first 3 estate members getting prosecuted by the crown.Funny that.

274c.png
Avoids jail
1f4b0.png
£17m fine

As long as managers and players are fair game for criticism Boab then so are CEO's and directors and just because they do some things well it doesn't mean we should ignore and not speak about the things they don't do so well at. I get where you're coming from, you're not keen on criticising people who have done a lot of good for the club, it seems unfair and can come across as having a go at 'our own' but there are areas where they have to improve and one of those areas is to gain a better understanding of that phrase they are so quick to throw around......

'More Than A Club'.

None of us are disputing our board operates honestly and efficiently but they are businessmen trying to run a football club like they would any other entertainment business when football isn't like any other entertainment business and Celtic isn't like any other football club. Football is tribal where people's identities, communities, politics and sense of belonging is wrapped up in the club they support and this is especially so at Celtic. It can't all be about making a profit, promote and protect 'the brand', sell the merchandise etc. we've got a duty to protect our club and support's reputation, our identity, our history and traditions and I personally think that's being ignored and eroded somewhat by a board who's been so focused on the 'business' that they have forgotten what makes this club so special.

HH.

As long as managers and players are fair game for criticism Boab then so are CEO's and directors and just because they do some things well it doesn't mean we should ignore and not speak about the things they don't do so well at. I get where you're coming from, you're not keen on criticising people who have done a lot of good for the club, it seems unfair and can come across as having a go at 'our own' but there are areas where they have to improve and one of those areas is to gain a better understanding of that phrase they are so quick to throw around......

'More Than A Club'.

None of us are disputing our board operates honestly and efficiently but they are businessmen trying to run a football club like they would any other entertainment business when football isn't like any other entertainment business and Celtic isn't like any other football club. Football is tribal where people's identities, communities, politics and sense of belonging is wrapped up in the club they support and this is especially so at Celtic. It can't all be about making a profit, promote and protect 'the brand', sell the merchandise etc. we've got a duty to protect our club and support's reputation, our identity, our history and traditions and I personally think that's being ignored and eroded somewhat by a board who's been so focused on the 'business' that they have forgotten what makes this club so special.

HH.
Hard bit is running a moral organisation while competing with immoral systems.

The thing i dont like about the board is the aloof silence when the immoral ones are throwing stones in the green house.

The body who suppose to be protecting the game and keeping it functional are in fear of the immoral Sevco system.

And appear to be party to the immoral wealth destruction and obfuscation of societal duties.

The board can and should be doing much more in exposing the immorality of the current system.

If you turn a blind eye on immorality then that in itself becomes part of the immorality.

I suspect they assumed Sevoc would have leanred some lessons from their parents club self destruction. I suspect they saw the loss in revenues and further falling behind in the world stage of football without the financial input of the horde. I suspect they are more into money than practical football. I suspect The celtic board were part of the secret agreement.

But its secret and it can only be suspected.

But their silence on the immorality that the MSM drives makes me sick. And the Big subsidy that some leagues get from TV networks makes the need for proper financail prudence very necessary at Celtic. But they even remain silent about that.

Have a voice for some really immaterial cosmetic stuff, but on the footballing matters that ordinary fans need clarity they stand aloof and let the MSM peddle nonsensical gibberish which in turn, makes the silence so deafening.

I would love Celtic to introduce a proper media channel for the fans that actaully addresses the fans concerns rather than allowing idol speculation to become rampant through MSM and horde propaganda.

Hard to to add any new comment to this thread,it certainly makes interesting reading,I think most agree that the silence of the board is deafening, for whatever thier reasons.Swindon town put a ban on the local rag,so say stopped all lines of communication a complete waste of time as the information was past on,they then put thier on slant on it,everything they printed was of a negative vain,personality I have no interest on what they print as it is designed to sell papers,if th board wish to get information to supporters there's plenty of outlets available

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Back