scottish slavery

Every time I return to Scotland I meet lots of Scots who boast that Scotland is clearly the best place in the world to live. I smile and nod my head as if I agree with their delusion. When someone says clearly then it is usually not. It's a big world and in 1986 in Malawi where I was working I pulled out a large world map and asked my wife where she a teacher and I a doctor could and would choose to bring up a family. That's a big planet to choose from. We drew up a shortlist of English speaking countries. New Zealand was at the top of the list. It has been a fabulous decision. The biggest drawback is not family but being 12,000 miles from Paradise. thank goodness for HD Celtic TV.

Every time I return to Scotland I meet lots of Scots who boast that Scotland is clearly the best place in the world to live. I smile and nod my head as if I agree with their delusion. When someone says clearly then it is usually not. It's a big world and in 1986 in Malawi where I was working I pulled out a large world map and asked my wife where she a teacher and I a doctor could and would choose to bring up a family. That's a big planet to choose from. We drew up a shortlist of English speaking countries. New Zealand was at the top of the list. It has been a fabulous decision. The biggest drawback is not family but being 12,000 miles from Paradise. thank goodness for HD Celtic TV.

Delusion is a strong word to use for describing a lovely country that never met your expectations, but there are many millions who would disagree with you're opinion.

Is NZ the best place in the world to live then for your needs doc?

Perhaps the deluded souls you mix with when in Scotland feel the same as you do only about Scotland and their needs.

Its never good to mock those less fortunate than yourself, even if they don’t know it ??

Me, i would pack my shit up for Bora Bora, now there’s a place that could look after my needs no worries ?

left Scotland in 1988,lived and travelled through europe,settled in Ireland,had a 13 year party,came back to the "elephant's graveyard in 2006,an ah'm still breathin, shee-itt!

Your one serious party animal Duffy ???

Reactions: TET
Is NZ the best place in the world to live then for your needs doc?

Perhaps the deluded souls you mix with when in Scotland feel the same as you do only about Scotland and their needs.

Its never good to mock those less fortunate than yourself, even if they don’t know it ??

Me, i would pack my shit up for Bora Bora, now there’s a place that could look after my needs no worries ?
What did Westminster do to the aboriginal people in NZ along with many others. rape and pillage. You are an interloper to certain extent. my an great grand parents made a choice to move to another country to better themselves. Not to impose their politics, religion and not to have no disregard for indeginous people. Take a look at yourself Fisiani, sounds like your ancestors may have come from the same country as mine.Just a thought!

Back