Sead Haksabanovic

What of Sead Haksabanovic?

• He's a snake and should never return.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • If does well let him return to fight for his place.

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • If does well sell him for a profit, had his chance jersey doesn't shrink.

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Some other reason I've neglected to mention, post below

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Winter

Sead Haksabanovic and his season long loan to Stoke was in many supporters eyes , definitely mine, a disappointment how it occurred.
Here we have a young(ish) player 24, still developing , wants to play , believes he's good enough to start more and with game time in him we saw that , he won player of the month.
He was extremely unlucky to pick up a knock ruling him out for a few months and then struggled to oust Jota, Abada or Maeda despite being given the opportunity to start when fit but didn't deliver enough so couldn't keep that starting berth.

I disliked the social media post " if they don't see what they have perhaps I'm in the wrong place" thing . It was ill judged and created a jog on response from many, after all, on their game Maeda and Jota were no1 choice Abada and Sead their understudy and substitutes for the most part.

I wonder though , he looks a fragile, reserved character and kids at that age with social media , money, fame, make mistakes, without those things too so I won't hold that against him for ever if my often wall bouncing, uti posts aren't held against me.
A mistake born of frustration coupled with poor social media awareness, we've seen others return from out under much darker clouds than that very recently.

If Haksabanovic has a good run at Stoke, gets gametime and continues to improve and develop, oh! Also learns better social media skills, would we have him back?
Stoke in the championship isn't champions league level but it's comparable to some spfl level games, stronger sometimes and we've seen he's got it before if only for a month.
A season is a long time in football.

Do you think he's blown his chance for ever after that post?
Is he good enough for another crack at Celtic a year wiser and better?
What think the noise?

Personally I'm of the belief that Celtic has always been a club of 2nd chances, some times its worked others not so much.
Redemption has been found many times at Celtic Park.
He's young posted daft comment ruffled feathers , manager had to be seen to be in charge of the situation, show strong leadership and not make past mistakes to keep an unhappy player who's gone public.
Our manager was in a slightly similar position.

If he shows that potm form again at Stoke and has a good run of games I'd give him that chance.
It's a bit of a win win for the club if he does perform we could cash in or bring back.
Ironically somewhat , had he kept his head down and mouth shut he'd probably be playing champions league football given Abadas absence through injury.
No doubt he's kicked himself a few times despite a decent loan move to Stoke being a good move for all concerned.

‘Not one hundred percent yet’, Haksabanovic thankful for run of games on loan via @Onefootball.

Last edited:
I thought when I first seen Haksa he had something to offer, but maybe needed time to settle before fulfilling his potential.
Wasn't too long before I started to have doubts.

Lovely first touch at times; he can wrong foot a defender for sure. However, he seldom actually went past his man; always gave the defender a chance to recover. Maybe playing a different position would've helped; definitely not a winger, though.

Another thing was that he was posted absent when we didn't have the ball.

So, no, not for me. Goes without sayin', I wish the boy well.

I thought Haksabanovic was going to develop into a really class player. His form before getting injured at the World Cup break was incredible. But he never managed to recapture that form and then worked his tickrt out with that ridiculous social media post. So hopefully he plays well on loan to maximise his transfer fee.

I've said before, he is a scorer of great goals but not a great goalscorer - they look spectacular compiled in a YouTube video, but that ignores the many misses. That isn't the end of the eorld for a winger/no.10 but I felt he never assisted enough to set up others as he usually chose the selfish option.

If you cannot take the knocks and voilatile nature of football and the road to success leads to hitting out then with that type of discipline you are at the wrong club. Ralston, Scales, Abada as examples of how to prove the doubters wrong.
Exactly Boab. Tony Ralston an example to all. He could have bitched and moaned about the uncertainty surrounding his Celtic career. Kept his puss shut, went on loan and worked hard. I never heard him complain once.
Now he is a Scotland international.

Exactly Boab. Tony Ralston an example to all. He could have bitched and moaned about the uncertainty surrounding his Celtic career. Kept his puss shut, went on loan and worked hard. I never heard him complain once.
Now he is a Scotland international.
Same could be said about our captain!!!went to notts county came home grafted got his chance!!!….in the wise words of del trotter “ bonnet de duche”

Back