Sevco v Champions at Asbestosdome, Sun 7-Apr-24 at noon. MIB=Beaton VAR=Walsh

Bridie Bhoy

A massive, massive game. It is not a title decider because that implies that the other matches afterwards do not matter, but they will also be must-win too. Obviously it does have a huge impact on who goes into the prime spot to win the title.

Any win will do me. Even if it is the dodgiest 99th minute penalty AGAINST Tavernier that is sclaffed past Butland - and if any of the uber-MIBs Beaton, Dickinson, McLean or Muir are involved in the dubious decision then even sweeter!

Hart
AJ. CCV. Scales Taylor
CalMac. Iwata. Hatate
Kuhn. Kyogo. Maeda
Maeda must start to pin back Tavpen. I"m going for a 1-2 away victory. But realistically we must not lose to keep up the pressure which we know they struggle to handle.

Any win will do. COYBIG! 🍀☘️🍀

I can’t decide about Matt or iwata it’s difficult to pick I just hope regardless we boss the midfield
Hoping for a win obviously and I think we will do it but main thing is we don’t lose the game ☘️ calmac needs to start even if he can’t play the full game (I’ve not been that impressed with maeda recently but tavpen struggles with him as you said so hope he starts too)

They will put the high press on in those first 20 mins to get the rabid huns in the stands baying for blood.
We must withstand any damage during this period and try and avoid the early goal (pen) and bookings that the mib will take the opportunity to impose.
Goes without saying but I'll say it anyway we need 11 men on the pitch not 10 and 11 who give everything and leave nothing behind at the camp of hate.
A new experience for both Kuhn and Idah and would love to see them both have an impact but these games are very different and they could get caught up in it or be heroes.
I expect the huns to swamp the midfield so if Matt continues in his current form that won't be good enough I expect him to start so let's hope he can rise to the occasion (easy Shammy) but Hatate must start along with Calmac.
Brilliant to have CCV back but imo the other 3 lads are looking a bit shaky at the moment and will need to do so much better on Sunday especially on distribution and crossing when they get involved. Big Scales is worrying me slightly at the moment and Johnston is no where near his best so a big day for the defence imo.
Up front it will be maeda kyogo and kuhn if we survive the early onslaught these bhoys are more than capable of getting in behind if hatate and big matt can split their lines.

Of course the mib/var will be on their game and for me this is gonna be an almighty task to get out of dodge still intact ....for that reason I would be happy to take any points any which way we can.

I don't know what the team sheet will look like next week but I hope Daizen plays so that he can run past Tavpen. He might have scored a lot of goals but he's a shocking defender. I'd try to stick with players who have had the derby experience before because the game seems to overwhelm newbies.

It would be good to see the captain back if he's fit because he is the metronome that can keep us ticking and driving forwards. Cuntwell can't get anywhere near him.

There's so many options open to us now that the injury list is going down and we have to hope that the players chosen are in-form and hungry enough for the win.

If by some miracle we manage to get a penalty, who do you think should take it. Would be a big pressure job.

Calmac for me. I was thinking Kuhn, but not sure if he can handle it, and I wouldn't take that chance. Idah maybe, if he's on. Am sure Calmac would stay calm and score.

Back