Should Giako Be Our Starting No.9

Tino

We asked the above question on the Weekly Show this week.

With 3 goals in his last 2 domestic starts (including a 95th min winner v St Johnstone) should Giakoumakis now be given an extended run in the team as the striker on form?

Huge Kyogo fan but he's currently on a run of form that includes just 1 goal in his last 10 games.

Even more so I'd say that Giako is a better fit for the physicality we can expect at Fir Park and Tynecastle this week.

Thoughts?

(Full Episode Available Here)

We asked the above question on the Weekly Show this week.

With 3 goals in his last 2 domestic starts (including a 95th min winner v St Johnstone) should Giakoumakis now be given an extended run in the team as the striker on form?

Huge Kyogo fan but he's currently on a run of form that includes just 1 goal in his last 10 games.

Even more so I'd say that Giako is a better fit for the physicality we can expect at Fir Park and Tynecastle this week.

Thoughts?

(Full Episode Available Here)

I'd love to see both kyogo and GG play together. I know that's unlikely to happen as they are our only available strikers with no back-ups to call upon but that's what I'd like to see.

I'd love to see both kyogo and GG play together. I know that's unlikely to happen as they are our only available strikers with no back-ups to call upon but that's what I'd like to see.
For me his is our starter. He has a physical presence that Kyogo lacks and he works every bit as hard and is equally adept at finding the net. Kyogo or Giomak ??? It is a quandary, but, the big man shades it for me.
A nice quandary to have. In Ange we trust.

I think that Kyogo and Giakoumakis might compliment each other and become a lethal pairing, but Ange does not want to try them together.

We have some wonderful attacking players and hopefully as they get more experienced in bigger gamesthey will be more composed in their finishing.

As we have seen in the past, Forrest often goes on a hot streak where he scores a lot of goals in a short period, so we should make the most of this and play him regularly.

Abada is excellent but hot & cold, Jota & Haksabanovic look to be class players and Maeda works hard and hopefully has got his goal scoring touch back again.

GG took a knock at the weekend, probably wont start imho.

But that being said all being well I'd have GG before Kyogo 6 days a week and twice on a Sunday.

I like Kyogo but feel GG offers more.
Reminds me of big Sutton the way he gets right in there to score, when there's a 'bit of a stramash' (Hat tip to Arthur Montford) and the big man also holds the ball up well, bringing more into the play, as we move forward
GG is built more for the SPFL ,when the thugs start their crap
Kyogo is a great player too of course, and his speed and quick thinking will get us goals, but for the rough and tumble games, I'd start GG
It's all about opinions and that's what counts

COYBIG

Kyogo is our best striker and should be first choice. GG is a very good alternative.
We disagree, but, Iam happy with that in that we two great strikers that can split the support on their merits. This is much better situation than having a single starting option and a lesser back up.
That we scorers all over the pitch is a very nice place to be also.

The thing is, today's game is very much a sport based around a squad system. So starting positions will constantly be changing around a solid core of regulars. It depends on form, fitness, fixture list, opponents, etc.

For me I think Giakoumakis is better suited to domestic games against bus parking overly-physical opponents. But we are blessed to have a couple of very good - but completely different - strikers.

It's just grand to have the choice. Big GG is full of hustle and bustle, a great target man who can snatch a goal from nowhere but Kyogo knows where the goal is too but doesn't always get spotted for a pass as he's constantly on the move looking for space to shake off an opponent.

Both very different and it's like comparing apples and oranges.

If Ange is only going to play one striker then they can both make an appearance. Nobody says they have to be on the park for the full 90mins.

It's just grand to have the choice. Big GG is full of hustle and bustle, a great target man who can snatch a goal from nowhere but Kyogo knows where the goal is too but doesn't always get spotted for a pass as he's constantly on the move looking for space to shake off an opponent.

If Ange is only going to play one striker then they can both make an appearance. Nobody says they have to be on the park for the full 90mins.

'Apples and oranges you say ?'
Know the difference between an apple and an orange ?
You will never hear the expression "Ya Apple Bastard !!!"

Here all week

Thank You
HH

Back