shove yer poppy up yer a**e? Not for me!

Monkee

Sick to the back teeth of some Celtic fans who can't respect others. A club open to all? my fking arse! Only when it suits the i.r.a loving mob within our support.
How many of the Celtic support have served their country in the armed forces? How many's grand/parents have fought in wars? Thats why i wear a poppy. To remember the sacrifices these men and women made.
You may not like me saying it but how about we start respecting each others choices.

Sick to the back teeth of some Celtic fans who can't respect others. A club open to all? my fking arse! Only when it suits the i.r.a loving mob within our support.
How many of the Celtic support have served their country in the armed forces? How many's grand/parents have fought in wars? Thats why i wear a poppy. To remember the sacrifices these men and women made.
You may not like me saying it but how about we start respecting each others choices.
dont agree wi the poppy wearing maself but yir rite every man to ther own ! back in eday it was national service plenty o fans parents n grandparents done ther time in e army but the abuse of ireland by british army will never be firgotten !

Not going to get drawn into an i.r.a v British Army tit for tat conversation. I respect others point of views, however why the hell should a football match be the place to vent this bile? We are always on the newcos back with their singing however we imo are just as bad with this crap.

Not going to get drawn into an i.r.a v British Army tit for tat conversation. I respect others point of views, however why the hell should a football match be the place to vent this bile? We are always on the newcos back with their singing however we imo are just as bad with this crap.
newco spew nothing but hatred full stop ! theres no comparison between e 2

I have a lot to say but i feel if i do then i may be either taken out of context or told that the i.r.a are all great and everyone else are a**holes. Sorry but to my mind i want songs at Parkhead to be about Celtic. Hey what do i know i'm just an idiot with an opinion

I have a lot to say but i feel if i do then i may be either taken out of context or told that the i.r.a are all great and everyone else are a**holes. Sorry but to my mind i want songs at Parkhead to be about Celtic. Hey what do i know i'm just an idiot with an opinion
mite b wrong but sounds like u no someone who served an died ! but thats eh reality of serving yir country always be rite an wrong on both sides !

I have a brother who served recently and goes to games with me and his mrs. I also have a very good friend who is a Tim and suffers from ptsd. I wear my poppy for those guys and their friends who were killed in action. As well as the world wars.
good man can appreciate yir feelings towards e wearing of poppys personally a donate tae erskine every year ex soldiers ma heart goes out tae em serve there country any problems ther forgot about but problem lies with our goverment who priotise oil over people

brull score/result tnite .T Rogic again with his amazing 7 iron shot with backspin and swerve ...beatifull goal...then his SW chip for 2nd goal pass was delicious pass

I’ve no problem with anyone who wears a poppy (I personally don’t) BUT we have Remembrance Sunday and many places of work etc have a minutes silence at 11am on the 11th of Nov... do we also need a minutes silence at a football match which is more often than not neither the Sunday nor the 11th.?

I’ve no problem with anyone who wears a poppy (I personally don’t) BUT we have Remembrance Sunday and many places of work etc have a minutes silence at 11am on the 11th of Nov... do we also need a minutes silence at a football match which is more often than not neither the Sunday nor the 11th.?

Maybe not, but EVERY team in the U.K do it. Seems like we are the only set of supporters that want to tarnish that silence. Can't see any harm in it personally. However i respect your own personal decision.

Write a letter of complaint to the SFA, complain about the anti Irish and anti Catholic chants that are sung, and sung purposely to wind up. If people throw shyte to purposely wind up, then they should expect it back with some, that is reality.
Until there is as much fuss written about those hate songs, nothing will change.

I listened tonight to vocal huns xtra lite relentlessly chanting billy boy shyte, before it was returned to them double fold relentlessly.
That is the reality, its not Celtic fans at sole fault or to complain or be sick about.

Last edited:
This comes up every year. Every TV presenter or public figure HAS to wear a poppy, otherwise they face almost universal condemnation and public outcry. Not wearing a poppy is almost seen as the same as wearing a swastika. For me it should be down to personal choice. The BLegion makes most of its money from this so where does that "cash" quite often go? Its bent as fuck. No one can say a thing about it or else you're a nazi. I was taught at school not to boast about giving to charity or it defeats the object of giving. Yet at this time of year its compulsory. Fuck em. Give if you want, but dont be forced to.

Get your sentiment mate but do you go over to Dublin and lay a wreath for the 35,000 irish men that died in that war. Where north and south fought side by side in the trenches?

God Bless ALL soldiers and Civilians who have died in ALL conflicts in the world. You were either forced or fooled into it. The commandment said, Thou shalt not kill but Govt sponsored says its ok.

Maybe not, but EVERY team in the U.K do it. Seems like we are the only set of supporters that want to tarnish that silence. Can't see any harm in it personally. However i respect your own personal decision.
You almost make that sound like a bad thing in itself, without any question, one hell of an ironic mindset to have!

Anyway for reference.
  1. Celtic don't play in the uk league
  2. there is no uk league
  3. The vast majority of people in Nazi germany ALL conformed, all learned how to Nazi salute a symbol without question, so conformity is not exactly a trumps all point to make or a unquestionably moral one if Celtic ever did play in a uk league.
Understandable mindset however, because of course the uk mainstream media tends to forget to tell you they do not speak for ALL veterans either!

Last edited:
I fail to see the need for wearing an emblem. I donate my money happily but don't feel I have to wear a poppy as I don't need a reminder that my grandfather and uncles fought in WW2. Money for ex-servicemen is the important factor, not a wee paper flower. I don't take the badges and stickers that other charities try to pin on me either. When it comes to charity, the right hand shouldn't know what the left hand is doing. People are now wearing bejewelled poppies to show how much they care but does the charity benefit from that? It's all got a bit show offy with people on TV wearing them for weeks and weeks before Remembrance Sunday - the only day I think it should be worn. Just my humble opinion.

The wearing of the Poppy was meant to be a mark of respect for the dead ( on all sides ) of the Great War , the 'War to End All Wars' - then was later expanded as wars kept on being declared ( usually by those who caused all the earlier ones) .

Where is that respect today ? The wearing of the Poppy has been politicised and demeaned by politicians for their own ends , and not least by the British Legion .

Tell me how respect for the fallen can be commemorated by these items on sale at the British Legion gift shop :

poppy dog lead ( large or small )
poppy hair bobbles
poppy trolley coin key ring
poppy zip puller
poppy car air freshener
poppy mobile phone charm
poppy remembrance magazine file
poppy tea towel
poppy silk bow tie
poppy dog collar ( large or small )
poppy paws dog bed
poppy wedding favour packs
poppy hair clips
poppy sports water bottle
poppy baby vest ( one size )
Merry Christmas poppy apron
poppy golf ball pack

Respect ???

Last edited:
like a lot of celtic fan's james mclean echoed our sentiments,if the poppy represented the sacrifice of the first and second world wars, he would wear one every day, my uncle died at Nijmegen and he would echo that sentiment, bloody sunday, the ballymurphy massacre,turned people against the forces of the crown, on another level, young working class men killing young working class men from different countries,be outraged about that!

Members online

Latest posts

Back