Sky TV deal

Agree. The fact they are trying to push this deal through now when the present one runs until 2025 and not going out to the market to see what's available is negligent in the extreme. Streaming services are the way forward. Interestingly Viaplay, who have all Scotland and Ireland Euro 24 qualifiers and Nations League games, have bought a controlling stake in Premier Sports and appear to want to expand their football coverage across the continent. A company who have Scotland internationals and our 2 domestic cup competitions must surely be worth negotiating with to see if they want to take on SPFL games. All Scottish football on one platform would be ideal, and save supporters having to buy subscriptions for 3 different providers as they do now.
DAZN have just taken over Serie A TV rights from Sky Italy, another streaming service looking to expand.
Again Gary it will be the diddy clubs within the SPFL who will decide the outcome.
Agreed that there are potentially other streaming outlets hoping to expand, yet they can't guarantee the diddy clubs the possible guaranteed income that sky could and would to them.
All these TV companies have only 1 interest in any deals and that focus will be upon Glasgow and Glasgow only, yet no one has stated a proposed challenging bid still to the best of my knowledge.
The EPL is a massive problem within Britain for any TV company to try and overcome weather we like it or not, especially with trying to find a slot available where they show games without the huge competition that the EPL can throw up imo.
Got no idea upon viewing figures on Saturday when the Glasgow Derby was pitched against the Merseyside Derby, yet even here in Ireland I would say that the viewing figures would have been higher for the Merseyside game even with the Glasgow Derby being more readily available in the Republic anyway

Let's hope bt sport can nip in and do a deal I think they do a far better job. But then the new Co might scupper that deal as well after all they get on exactly the same as morelos or is it morelos getting on the same as the new co.if that happens I'd like to see celtic do thier own thing I know it sounds selfish because the smaller club would probably suffer but this is not celtics doing it all boils down to Doncaster being afraid of the new co his weakness is going to be his down fall it's to late for him after the dossier episode then the cinch deal shambles and now this who knows where this will end up but celtic have got to look after our interests this is not of our doing.

Let's hope bt sport can nip in and do a deal I think they do a far better job. But then the new Co might scupper that deal as well after all they get on exactly the same as morelos or is it morelos getting on the same as the new co.if that happens I'd like to see celtic do thier own thing I know it sounds selfish because the smaller club would probably suffer but this is not celtics doing it all boils down to Doncaster being afraid of the new co his weakness is going to be his down fall it's to late for him after the dossier episode then the cinch deal shambles and now this who knows where this will end up but celtic have got to look after our interests this is not of our doing.
The main problem as I see it Jinky is the scum are on a mission to try and bankrupt Scottish football with all other SPFL team's imo.
They can't get anyway close to ourselves in financial terms, TV deals or not.
Of course we would be far better off financially by going it alone, yet believe Liverpool and man United where hoping to do the same within the EPL but got closed down also.
These TV deals as such are always designed to suit the bigger clubs with a far reaching fan base which we have got in place and the scum pretend to have, with the rest of Scottish football fuck all.
We go it alone and possibly bankrupt every other team within Scotland in the process and Scottish football as a product becomes none existent as a product as no one would go near it whatsoever.
The scum have been open enough to claim payback for them having to go out of business and having to start again in the lower leagues as a new club, and hoping to put others into the same bracket as themselves in trying to keep the same club lie going imo.
I fail to see how any other deal apart from the SKY one that would be acceptable within the SPFL that doesn't threaten to bankrupt diddy Scottish clubs in the process and destroy the SPFL product at the same time, as miserable as it sounds imo.

The main problem as I see it Jinky is the scum are on a mission to try and bankrupt Scottish football with all other SPFL team's imo.
They can't get anyway close to ourselves in financial terms, TV deals or not.
Of course we would be far better off financially by going it alone, yet believe Liverpool and man United where hoping to do the same within the EPL but got closed down also.
These TV deals as such are always designed to suit the bigger clubs with a far reaching fan base which we have got in place and the scum pretend to have, with the rest of Scottish football fuck all.
We go it alone and possibly bankrupt every other team within Scotland in the process and Scottish football as a product becomes none existent as a product as no one would go near it whatsoever.
The scum have been open enough to claim payback for them having to go out of business and having to start again in the lower leagues as a new club, and hoping to put others into the same bracket as themselves in trying to keep the same club lie going imo.
I fail to see how any other deal apart from the SKY one that would be acceptable within the SPFL that doesn't threaten to bankrupt diddy Scottish clubs in the process and destroy the SPFL product at the same time, as miserable as it sounds imo.
It really does seem like the new co are going for some sort of final solution john it's one fight after another. What exactly do they want are they looking to control Scottish football or our they looking some sort of back hander so they can try one keep in touch with celtic. Maybe it's a victim thing as you say trying to get revenge for something they did themselves.lets hope John a whistle blower comes out and spills the beans on this spfl sfa old rangers and the five way agreement and celtics part in it.i won't be holding my breath but.

Well done the sevco board - for once they have done the right thing. The SPFL are selling themselves short again.
The sedvco boards doing it only for themselves that's why they've launched sevco tv on illegal streaming sites and never took it down but you can watch all there matches on it for free
other clubs including ours have tried putting blocks on which were successful

my guess is they're wanting to be able to sell there games outwith sky and there stand is more in broadcasting rights than a better deal for everyone

It really does seem like the new co are going for some sort of final solution john it's one fight after another. What exactly do they want are they looking to control Scottish football or our they looking some sort of back hander so they can try one keep in touch with celtic. Maybe it's a victim thing as you say trying to get revenge for something they did themselves.lets hope John a whistle blower comes out and spills the beans on this spfl sfa old rangers and the five way agreement and celtics part in it.i won't be holding my breath but.
No simple solution to the problem that exists within Scottish football imo and even made worse with the involvement of Hun scum in the whole process imo.
Always believed BT Sports were nothing but a sideshow for Sky and allowing to charge the extra subscribers fee with having European football sown up as such, yet need sky to even view it, so a none runner with actually having to pay more to watch Scottish football than what is in place already.
Until the overall product starting with the cheating mibs is improved all round, I can't see how the product of the SPFL can actually grow as such, especially after Saturday seeing the type of thug players the scum still wants to attract and promote, when in reality nothing more than kicking carthorses imo.

The 4 games v the Huns should be sold separately from the league tv deal and the money split between us 2, the rest of the teams games aren’t worth broadcasting, fed up with aw the rest hanging oan tae oor coat tails wi the tail wagging the dug, I’d estimate the 4 game v the Huns could be with £25-30 million a game, EPL deals worked our at £22 million a game,
For once the Huns are right the SFA are underselling our game massively, no doubt a few wee brown envelopes involved 😡

I won't pretend to know why sevco did not vote in favour of it or what they have up their sleeve (but I agree it will be 100% selfish reasons). But I am happy that we have not allowed Sky to bully us into a worse deal than we are currently on running onto the end of the decade. Our current deal is appalling and vastly under valued in comparison to similar or lesser leagues than the SPFL. The admistrators responsible for running the sport should be talking up our game and negotiating hard to get a much better deal that actually represents the value - this is not easy and takes hard work and skill, but these clowns are paid huge salaries with good bonuses so should be capable of doing this and it should be minimum expectation for being given these jobs.

Hopefully they will pull their fingers out of their arses and actually start doing their jobs correctly.

So Rangers aren't questioning deal for the greater good, they're still in the huff about Cinch and want an apology and their legal fees paid 😂
Still a shit deal though

League bosses moved to cut Rangers out of the vote on a new £30million a year TV deal - after the Ibrox club demanded cash and an apology before giving it their approval.

The proposal to extend a contract with broadcast giants Sky until 2029 was effectively torpedoed on Sunday night when Rangers refused to give it their backing. And Record Sport understands the Rangers hierarchy are refusing to support the revamped agreement until the SPFL say sorry for a previous bitter dispute over league sponsors Cinch AND agree to pick up the legal tabs on behalf of both the club and chairman Douglas Park.

League chief executive Neil Doncaster needed all 12 top flight clubs to sign a waiver agreeing to let Sky’s cameras into their home grounds for one extra game a season. But while the other 11 signed up for a slice of the extra cash ahead of Sunday’s deadline, Rangers stood their ground and left the deal hanging in the balance.

Yesterday, Doncaster attempted to circumnavigate that blockage by sending out a new ‘commercial resolution’ to clubs which requires the support of only 11 top flight clubs for it to be pushed through. It must also receive the blessing of at least six clubs from the Championship and a combined total of 32 clubs from across all four divisions.

The clubs have until next Tuesday to register their votes but the league are confident the resolution will carry the support of the vast majority.

Sky want to beef up their coverage of the Scottish top flight by increasing their live match package from 48 games to 60 games from season 2024/25 - and are willing to increase their annual payments from £24m to £30m by season 2028/29. And one source close to the stand off told Record Sport last night Rangers have said they would be happy for that deal to be signed off.

The source said: “They have actually said that they will vote for the Sky extension but only after they have received an apology from the SPFL and get their legal fees paid along with those of Douglas Park.

“That’s what’s caused this problem and why there was no alternative for the league other than to issue a new resolution which can be carried by an 11-1 majority.”

A second resolution was also put forward yesterday which, if pushed through, would enable all clubs to sell an additional five pay-per-view matches per season from their home grounds.

Record Sport contacted Rangers for comment.

Members online

Latest posts

Back