Social media and spelling/grammer

AJ1910

Has anybody else noticed that their spelling and grammer has gone to shit since the days of texting and posting on line?

I am contantly making mistakes with, there, their, they're, amongst other things.

Now you might say it doesn't matter, people know what you mean, but it's doing my nut in

Of course it could just be explained by the fact that I normally post when I'm fucking steaming.

The ones I notice that are becoming more common are "ect" instead of "etc" and "loosing" when they mean "losing". But no-one really cares too much on here (unless you are writing War and Peace" without using paragraphs!!!

So, not much call for the grammar or spelling polce on The Noise...

View attachment 23709
Winter alert Winter Alert
Massive Missive on its way ti Bridie
Winters gonna get yi

HH 😉

I don't use capital letters much as many would have noticed ,,,,,,came from ma school days as a sort of protest ,hopin the fkrs would run out of red ink which never happened , if it related to a person then my excuse would be a think very little of them ,,,so no caps......take the belt sit on ma arse n curse the english language

Has anybody else noticed that their spelling and grammer has gone to shit since the days of texting and posting on line?

I am contantly making mistakes with, there, their, they're, amongst other things.

Now you might say it doesn't matter, people know what you mean, but it's doing my nut in

Of course it could just be explained by the fact that I normally post when I'm fucking steaming.
I like being the spelling police.
GRAMMAR
CONSTANTLY

You're welcome. 🤗

Back