Soundbites before Reality Bites

Spherical Planet

After being knocked out of the Champions League by Cluj - an enormous amount of significance was placed on the next five games (up to and including our walk among the tombstones).

So far, in spite of results, there has been an undercurrent of discontent and actual overt disappointment at the lack of progress in acquiring new players to improve our squad and consequently - our prospects for the campaign.

Our incomparably poor excuse for a national media are promoting the idea that our next two games might "make or break" our season.

Well fuck me gently with a pickaxe handle, where have I heard that before?

The truth is, I kinda hear it here on a frequently occurring basis.

I can't defend the hierarchy of Celtic without questioning some of the decision making processes, the perpetual silence, or the failures to put clear distance between us and all of our rivals. On the other hand - is it really all that irretrievably fucked beyond all hope?

Soundbites circulated by the inglorious media are often the seeds of our discontent. Perhaps not directly, but the message seeps out and quickly becomes an airborne virus that contaminates everything it comes into contact with.

It is classic deflection strategy and the objective is to overload the landscape with anti-Celtic rhetoric on a grand and epic scale.

All the while, the rot and decay that is eating its way through the cholerasseum is largely being ignored. Pretty much like every piece of outrageous nonsense that occurs on an almost daily basis over there.

So what is the reality of the situation?9

Whatever happens in the wider world financially, Our Club is well placed to absorb the worst effects of a global financial downturn. This is now almost unavoidable based on historical precedence and the balance of probability.

Based on the probability/possibility of this event - how are the deadheads equipped to counteract and seal themselves from the financial apocalypse?

One would wager one's right and left nut, one's house, car and children's inheritance that the cash clusterfuck at cuntsville, UK has as much chance of avoiding the currency catastrofuck as wee feeble freddo has of getting sold for £30 million.

Reflection beats deflection any day of the week.

We reflect on our mistakes. We make efforts to learn from them (ok, ok.......I know), and we continue to set sail on the good ship Celtic.

After being knocked out of the Champions League by Cluj - an enormous amount of significance was placed on the next five games (up to and including our walk among the tombstones).

So far, in spite of results, there has been an undercurrent of discontent and actual overt disappointment at the lack of progress in acquiring new players to improve our squad and consequently - our prospects for the campaign.

Our incomparably poor excuse for a national media are promoting the idea that our next two games might "make or break" our season.

I can't defend the hierarchy of Celtic without questioning some of the decision making processes, the perpetual silence, or the failures to put clear distance between us and all of our rivals. On the other hand - is it really all that irretrievably fucked beyond all hope?

Soundbites circulated by the inglorious media are often the seeds of our discontent. Perhaps not directly, but the message seeps out and quickly becomes an airborne virus that contaminates everything it comes into contact with.

It is classic deflection strategy and the objective is to overload the landscape with anti-Celtic rhetoric on a grand and epic scale.

All the while, the rot and decay that is eating its way through the cholerasseum is largely being ignored. Pretty much like every piece of outrageous nonsense that occurs on an almost daily basis over there.

Whatever happens in the wider world financially, Our Club is well placed to absorb the worst effects of a global financial downturn. This is now almost unavoidable based on historical precedence and the balance of probability.

Based on the probability/possibility of this event - how are the deadheads equipped to counteract and seal themselves from the financial apocalypse?

One would wager one's right and left nut, one's house, car and children's inheritance that the cash clusterfuck at cuntsville, UK has as much chance of avoiding the currency catastrofuck as wee feeble freddo has of getting sold for £30 million.

We reflect on our mistakes. We make efforts to learn from them (ok, ok.......I know), and we continue to set sail on the good ship Celtic.
More anti squirrels are on the way it's a glasgow derby week followed by the closing of (haw morelos stop lickin that ) transfer windae

Names will be getting thrown about deals falling through and hissy fits going a plenty this week of all weeks will see the most traffic

Nobody is influenced by the press. We are influenced by the endless fuckaboutery of our board’s unlimited ability to regress. If we get the players in that will be great but it won’t absolve their incompetence that delays cost us the CL and has us possibly going to Mordor with Boli at left back, a playoff for the EL with still no additions. That’s a scandal and nothing done between now and the window slamming shut on our fingers will change that.

Excellent summary as usual SP, but I don't fully agree that it is the soundbites being circulated by the laptop loyal and SMSM that is causing my discontent. For me personally, it is the number of broken promises of getting in the much needed new players that is boiling my pish!

On several occasions now we have been told in no uncertain terms that we'd be buying players before self-imposed deadlines (too meet European criteria, or important upcoming matches/milestones).

These have been fairly unambiguous and offered up freely by Lennon. If he was just winging it and had done this once without consulting the board then we know that they would have slapped him down in private and made sure he didn't repeat this again. But the fact that he has done this repeatedly suggests that the board are the ones feeding him these squirrels in order to pacify him and us. That is what is annoying me.

As I said previously I don't expect Lennon to publicly question his boss as there is only ever one winner, but I hope behind closed doors he is privately letting them know that he isn't a patsy and they need to deliver on the promises they have made to him and the support. If they don't then it may risk the holy grail of 9IAR and beyond and also Lennon will quickly get fed up this treatment and eventually turn against them, resulting in Lawwell searching his pockets for David Moyes' phone number! And there is only one person on this forum that wants that!!! HH

Apparently Sevco have offered E10m for an international striker. They don't have that money but the Scotsman tells lies. Why? Why do they publish without checking?

Apparently Sevco have offered E10m for an international striker. They don't have that money but the Scotsman tells lies. Why? Why do they publish without checking?
How many times do wasps sting in May? I've been stung 4 times in late August. On their last legs. Only 10 years ago that paper still had credibility. Now it's a punch drunk wasp

Members online

Latest posts

Back