Squad Strength

Gary67

Barkas, Bain, Ralston, Welsh, Jullien, Scales, McGregor, Rogic, Turnbull, Idaguchi, Kyogo, Maeda, Johnston
were not amongst the 14 that actually played last night. Add Ajeti, Bolingoli and that's a squad of 29 not taking any of the many youngsters that have contributed this season into account (Montgomery, Urhoghide, Moffat, Dawson, Murray)
Even if we manage to offload Barkas, Bolingoli, Soro and Ajeti this month and get another 2 or 3 youngster out on loan we have a very strong squad (once everyone is fit) with competition in every position (except keeper).
We can now field 2 strong teams when everyone is available

Hart/Bain
Juranovic/Ralston CCV/Welsh Starfelt/Jullien Taylor/Scales
Rogic/O'Riley McGregor/Idaguchi Hatate/Turnbull
Abada/Forrest Kyogo/GG Jota/Maeda
Add the versatile Bitton, McCarthy, Johnston and that's a strong 25 man squad

Thanks Gary, makes a nice change to talk about the quality and potential of the current squad, instead of everything that is wrong and disgusting within Scottish football still.
I think most of us have been amazed at the speed and the quality of the current squad at present and stand only to get better also.
I've said before it's arguably the strongest squads, I can remember, and yet we are to see it's full potential as of yet.
When you take into consideration that Ange preferred midfield 3 of Calmac, rogic and turnbull, and had to go with Bitton, hatate and O'Reilly last night, then I fail to see if the preferred 3 would have been able to preform any better than the 3 used last night, and not forgetting that guchi and Mccarthy are also in the mix as well.
Tough on ralston at present but josip has really stepped up also and shown what another great signing he has been also.
Also have to take into consideration also, that I don't believe that we have even seen our best team yet this season imo, and getting to the stage that it's actually to hard to actually name it as such.
When you throw in the ages and length of contracts many of these players are at, and still room for improvements still, then it's hardly any surprise that the whole of Scottish football are shitting themselves at the quality that is being created.
Enjoy watching this squad so much and hope it continues for a good few years to come also
HH

I'm pretty shocked at how quickly ange has rebuilt this squad and he's not done it on the cheap as such wen u add it all up but individually what the players have cost us I'm seriously impressed every new guy gets a motm award on they're debut 🥳 we are In a real good place now pure chuffed way how things are going

Barkas, Bain, Ralston, Welsh, Jullien, Scales, McGregor, Rogic, Turnbull, Idaguchi, Kyogo, Maeda, Johnston
were not amongst the 14 that actually played last night. Add Ajeti, Bolingoli and that's a squad of 29 not taking any of the many youngsters that have contributed this season into account (Montgomery, Urhoghide, Moffat, Dawson, Murray)
Even if we manage to offload Barkas, Bolingoli, Soro and Ajeti this month and get another 2 or 3 youngster out on loan we have a very strong squad (once everyone is fit) with competition in every position (except keeper).
We can now field 2 strong teams when everyone is available

Hart/Bain
Juranovic/Ralston CCV/Welsh Starfelt/Jullien Taylor/Scales
Rogic/O'Riley McGregor/Idaguchi Hatate/Turnbull
Abada/Forrest Kyogo/GG Jota/Maeda
Add the versatile Bitton, McCarthy, Johnston and that's a strong 25 man squad
Maybe I'm blinkered, but right now I feel our squad is superior, by some distance, in comparison to any othe club in the SPL. So yes, Gary is absolutely correct in his assessment. Downside at present ? The number of players Garry highlighted who didn't contribute due to injury or international football, left the bench short, and so perhaps delayed any substitutions. When all of those bhoys are fit we need fear nobody. If we can keep winning while they're absent, then we have much to be optimistic about.

Maybe I'm blinkered, but right now I feel our squad is superior, by some distance, in comparison to any othe club in the SPL. So yes, Gary is absolutely correct in his assessment. Downside at present ? The number of players Garry highlighted who didn't contribute due to injury or international football, left the bench short, and so perhaps delayed any substitutions. When all of those bhoys are fit we need fear nobody. If we can keep winning while they're absent, then we have much to be optimistic about.
And our attacking threats are many and varied unlike the tribute act they still try n kid on they have better squad with Is nonsense take aribo and freddo out that team and they're toothless we will fuckin demolish the fuckers on weds night

Good news that Karamoko Dembele has returned to fitness and successfully came through 90 minutes of football at the weekend. I hope he gets some gametime for thd first team as an impact sub in the near future. I beieve he fits well into Ange's style of play and he would have been an important squad member this season if he hadn't been disgustingly scythed down in that pre-season friendly.

I think he can just slot into the role Mikey J has fulfilled recently but he will be a more effective player for the team. He is fast, skillful and unselfishly works very hard so Ange will love him.

Of course, his contract is up at the end of this season so I hope we tie him down for an extra couple of seasons. It might be a wee risk but less so that do many of the foreign "projects" we've wasted £millions on over the last decade or so.

Good news that Karamoko Dembele has returned to fitness and successfully came through 90 minutes of football at the weekend. I hope he gets some gametime for thd first team as an impact sub in the near future. I beieve he fits well into Ange's style of play and he would have been an important squad member this season if he hadn't been disgustingly scythed down in that pre-season friendly.

I think he can just slot into the role Mikey J has fulfilled recently but he will be a more effective player for the team. He is fast, skillful and unselfishly works very hard so Ange will love him.

Of course, his contract is up at the end of this season so I hope we tie him down for an extra couple of seasons. It might be a wee risk but less so that do many of the foreign "projects" we've wasted £millions on over the last decade or so.
I think ange will get him to sign up especially way the MJ situation from his point of view intakes sense he's still dead young we are playing some cracking attacking football perfect for a tricky winger like him then after a couple of year doing his thing in this team he will defo get a big move i just think ange is the perfect gaffer for the kid at this time

Another welcome addition imo BB.
Forrest has hardly produced what he once did and MJ hasn't produced what he once promised either of late.
So potentially a great opportunity for the young man to see if he can deliver for the remaining of the season, as his future with us may well depend upon him impressing Ange still, and think he could do just that.
Welcome back.

I’d like to see him have 10 games in the team, so far he just a promising younger, hasn’t done anything special in the couple of games he’s been in, I fear he’s far too lightweight to be a success here, I hope I’m wrong…..but need a guid plate o porridge wi sugar in it every morning tae bulk him up a bit, also need to sleep under a grow lamp wi his meet in compost 👍

I’d like to see him have 10 games in the team, so far he just a promising younger, hasn’t done anything special in the couple of games he’s been in, I fear he’s far too lightweight to be a success here, I hope I’m wrong…..but need a guid plate o porridge wi sugar in it every morning tae bulk him up a bit, also need to sleep under a grow lamp wi his meet in compost 👍
He should have gotten a chance last season but Lenny just ignored him (and others) to pick massively underperforming players he knew did not want to be here. I think Ange was wanting to play him as he was picking him for tge pre-season friendlies until that thug deliberately crocked him.

Ideally he would need to play a handful of games before we committed to him but I'm not sure we have that luxury due to his contract expiring on 31st May. He has been get rave reviews from our youth coaches for a very long time so we must have an idea as to whether or not he has the skillset to potentially make it.

Yes, he is very small (only a foot taller than Shammy) and slight built, but he did look very hardy until that ankle breaker. Steviebhoy will fight the cause for short players and he has a point for midfielders. As Karamoko matures into manhood then he can build up his musclemass then as Christie did.

I think the wee fella can probably play to a decent high standard and I'd prefer he did it with us rather than have some other club benefitting from him, and the relatively low cost compared to buying a young talent from another club would be worth the gamble.

He should have gotten a chance last season but Lenny just ignored him (and others) to pick massively underperforming players he knew did not want to be here. I think Ange was wanting to play him as he was picking him for tge pre-season friendlies until that thug deliberately crocked him.

Ideally he would need to play a handful of games before we committed to him but I'm not sure we have that luxury due to his contract expiring on 31st May. He has been get rave reviews from our youth coaches for a very long time so we must have an idea as to whether or not he has the skillset to potentially make it.

Yes, he is very small (only a foot taller than Shammy) and slight built, but he did look very hardy until that ankle breaker. Steviebhoy will fight the cause for short players and he has a point for midfielders. As Karamoko matures into manhood then he can build up his musclemass then as Christie did.

I think the wee fella can probably play to a decent high standard and I'd prefer he did it with us rather than have some other club benefitting from him, and the relatively low cost compared to buying a young talent from another club would be worth the gamble.
It not the size of the dug in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dug, does he have the desire? Size never held messi back, it’s one thing sand dancing with the stiffs or the u21’s but the big boys are gonna kick the 7 shades oot him, last challenge put him out for 3-4 months, I kinda see him as a challenger for mikey Johnston……for the treatment table 🤣🤣

It not the size of the dug in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dug, does he have the desire? Size never held messi back, it’s one thing sand dancing with the stiffs or the u21’s but the big boys are gonna kick the 7 shades oot him, last challenge put him out for 3-4 months, I kinda see him as a challenger for mikey Johnston……for the treatment table 🤣🤣
That is a bit harsh BB. He has handled the rough and tumble quite well until that appalling cowardly hack. That would have snapped anyone's ankle irrespective of him being 5'6" or 6'6".

Members online

No members online now.

Back