St Mirren v Celtic - pre-match comments

I agree, I think Mulumbu will be great. I believe we scouted Benkovic a couple of years back so he is obviously someone we're happy get in one way or another.

I appreciate the Arzani situation but get Benkovic in at least!

Concerns are fully justifiable, Papa Smurf!
Like us all, we wait with hope in our hearts. Personally, I think Mulumbu will be great for us, don't know too much about Benkovic (but Leicester did pay £13m for the guy) and as for Arzani - I have not got a clue.
Helpful as mud, I know! :unsure:

I agree, I think Mulumbu will be great. I believe we scouted Benkovic a couple of years back so he is obviously someone we're happy get in one way or another.

I appreciate the Arzani situation but get Benkovic in at least!

To be fair, Boyata and Ajer have been pretty good.

Since he returned from the WC, Boyata looks like a completely different player. Not half as much of a bomb scare on the ball.

Would it be fair to drop either? Not sure.

Thought it was an opportunity to play 3 at the back with two upfront like we did in pre season.

Gordon

Benkovic
Boyata
Ajer

Forrest
Ntcham
Brown
Tierney

McGregor

Eduoard
Griff

Thats it for me...

Thought it was an opportunity to play 3 at the back with two upfront like we did in pre season.

Gordon

Benkovic
Boyata
Ajer

Forrest
Ntcham
Brown
Tierney

McGregor

Eduoard
Griff

Thats it for me...

Yeah, could be a good idea ... my tactical awareness is garbage, tbh!

Was reading Phil one day and he was talking about the players being able to change tactics using five differing set ups.

Afraid I'd never have made it with Brendan in charge (okay, with anyone in charge!)

Would not surprise me if they have various systems. Not sure i've got the concentration to notice the switch though.

Concerns are fully justifiable, Papa Smurf!
Like us all, we wait with hope in our hearts. Personally, I think Mulumbu will be great for us, don't know too much about Benkovic (but Leicester did pay £13m for the guy) and as for Arzani - I have not got a clue.
Helpful as mud, I know! :unsure:

Right! Thank god for the return of domestic football. Those last internationals were dire across the board.

I saw a potential starting 11 yesterday for the Buddies game and was left pretty annoyed. I know it's paper talk but it happens time and time again under Rodgers. I completely back and trust him but why do we sign players and then never play some of them. I hear it's unlikely Mulumbu and Benkovic will start! With the Europa league game the following week I would have thought we'd get Benkovic at least bedded in.

Arzani already looks like another Musonda situation to me!

Are my concerns premature or warranted?
I hope not,these,guys could do us a turn,also we cant keep playing the same guys week in week out,keep the squad fresh and on their toes,heres hoping.

I always thought Arzani was going to require development. I recall when Tom Rogic signed every game he started initially we either drew or lost and he disappeared for long periods. Think there is a fair leap from the A league to Premiership here. I hope new guys get some time but just glad domestic football is back - embarrassing watching McLeish go from DT's to EBT's and various crap ramblings.... First Bus has better coaches....

Need to start our strongest team, no messing, no distractions, get this game wrapped up then maybe make a few changes with Rosenborg in mind.

Brendan won't introduce all the new faces at once. One or two at a time I would think. We need to get into a winning groove. Form has been mixed since the start of season.
I would maybe introduce Benkovic and Morgan

Gordon

Benkovic
Boyata
Ajer

Forrest
Ntcham
Brown Mulumbu
Tierney

McGregor Rogic

Eduoard
Griff

Thats it for me...
I'd make the above tweaks purely to give a rest to a couple of our hardest working players so they come back 100%

I just popped up a wee post on "stream of consciousness commentary" ... in other words, I'm going to put up a thread for tonight's game in which fans can post whatever pops into their heads watching it. We tried this over on FB and it was pretty amusing :)

Gordon

Benkovic
Boyata
Ajer

Forrest
Ntcham
Brown
Tierney

McGregor

Eduoard
Griff

Thats it for me...

Looks like 3 at the back ... spot on (y)

Gordon; Ajer, Boyata, Benkovic, Tierney; Brown, Ntcham; Forrest, Rogic, McGregor, Edouard. Subs: Bain, Griffiths, Sinclair, Christie, Lustig, Johnston, Mulumbu.
Strong looking side and excellent subs

Members online

Latest posts

Back