St Mirren v The Champions, KO 5pm @ The SMiSA Stadium 2/01/2024

So any changes to the hunskelpers team?? I suppose the CB is a defo, does Reo get in before his wee jaunt to the Asian Cup benches?? Cant see Brendan splitting the twins up yet... Does Abada start?? Doubt it yet..

So only change from the starting 11 (although I'd be giving Tony a run) Imho will be at CB..

Joe..

AJ Nawrocki Scales Turnbull..

Calmac and the Twins.

Maeda Kyogo Palma..

1 v 3 for the Celtic...

Goals by Kyogo and the Twins with yin each..

Bet of the day... Huns to moan about something and Tavpen to score from the spot, your 5p bet should return about 8p 😉😂.

In our game, 2 or more players booked in each half doubled with Bernardo to score anytime...

H.H

3 Game in a row monkey off our backs. Everyone on a high after beating the scum, and watching their nuclear meltdown. Calmac remembering he is indeed a level above everyone in Scotland. Kyogo remembering that feeling as the ball hits the back of the net. Bernardo learning what it feels like to be loved by the Celtic fans. Rocky showing Brendan he is a good defender. Taylor getting his bite back. Hatate back from injury. Abada back from injury. Our Japanese bhoys and South Korean Bhoys wanting to sign off with a big win before heading off. The whole team wanting to sign off with a big win before heading into the winter break.....

24-0 Celtic

A more difficult game than at the weekend, we’ve dropped points in Paisley in the last two seasons.
Nawrocki for Welsh will probably be the only change from Saturday. Personally don’t think Maeda should start, offers little in these type of games due to no space to run into behind the defence. He’s also not in any form since coming back.
Take any sort of victory but hoping upturn in performance also continues.
3-1 with Kyogo scoring again

I think BR will largely stick to the same starters as before. I think he'll play AJ to try to help him through his slump.

The midfield have started to really gel as Bernardo has finally understood his role and has developed an understanding with his colleagues (is it just a coincidence that this has coincided with Taylor reverting to his preferred inverted FB?). I see no reason to start Hatate seeing as Japan have picked him despite his injury.

Maeda has been poor since returning from injury. I wouldn't start him but would pick Oh instead to rumble up the overly physical parked bus, alongside Kyogo & Palma.

Hart
AJ...Nawrocki...Scales...Taylor
O'Riley...CalMac...Bernardo
Maeda...Kyogo...Palma
3-1 victory to the Bhoys. The buddies will get a penalty and we could well get a play sent off (AJ, Scales or Nawrocki) to prove to the frothing sevco fans that the MIBs know what is expected of them and they will comply.

I was looking ahead to the fixtures a while back and had earmarked this as our toughest game before the break.
As Gary says our results against St Mirren are always had earned and we always seem to struggle in Paisley.
We've played big games and got big results when we've had to a la Feynoord then had a poor performance the next game resulting in dropped points.

The players need to be reminded of this after Saturday as no point beating the imposters then following it up with losing points in the next game.

Needing complete focus and every player on it from start to finish on what is always a banana skin of a game if we don't get the mindset right.

Expecting it to be a very tough tight game and will take the all important points any which way we can.

This is the most important game of our season , as will be the next.
Rodgers will be well aware of how St Mirren have basically bullied Celtic and at CP as well.
I will settle for any kind of win, but if we play as we can it shouldn't be a contest.
I'm sick of the fixture congestion this time of year every year but it's the same for all.

We know they will up their game as usual but I'm still confident.
2-0 Celtic and I'll be a happy hoopster.
Mon the hoops right intae them , I don't like St mirren , if we take our opportunities we could blitz a side 24-0 , we make enough chances for it to happen almost every game, I'd settle for 22-0 but 2-0 will do as will 1-0, have to admit I'm never breathing easily unless we're 3 up recently.
The players will have gotten a huge boost from the derby let's use that to our advantage and blow these cnuts away HH

I think this is going to be a very tricky game. There will be nothing easy here. We will have a battle on our hands and need to be up for it. It is a big one, and a win, with which we can consolidate Saturday's win, is crucial. Then reset and refocus, for after the break.

Last edited:
Just get the game won as it looks as tho there's Fuk Aw signings on the way as if there ever was! 🤬🤬🤬.. Kyogo not at ANC will necessitate the need fur a striker as Abada can play thru the middle (Ask either Liewell) CCV will be bak early Feb & with Rocki getting mins against the FILTH why bother wae a CH either!! Fast Forward tae Mid Feb & Hatate will be HAILED as ANOTHER new signing & Oh will also return!! I'd imagine Rodgers will go at the end ae the Season & who cd Fukin blame him!! 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️..With at least £50M fur Champions Lg Nxt Yr look oot fur ANOTHER 5 Projects fae Liewell Jnr wae probably Lennon re-appointed!! 🤬🤬🤬🤬

If I have a concern today, it would maybe be getting a touch leggy in the later stages. The fact that we haven't made changes tells us something about our strength in depth. While it's true to say both teams played on Saturday, I feel our game was of the energy- sapping type.
Substitutes will have a big part to play.

So, with that in mind, any kind of victory will do me. Same mindset, though, should see is through.

Back