Stalemate and the blame game between Lawwell and Rodgers comes to a Crossroads

A standalone chit chat area on the blog might be a worthwhile addition to the format if people are getting irritated when the miss match threads/chat clogs up topics that are drifting from the thread.

And perhaps a survey of site users on that very topic might be interesting discussion in itself

A standalone chit chat area on the blog might be a worthwhile addition to the format if people are getting irritated when the miss match threads/chat clogs up topics that are drifting from the thread.

And perhaps a survey of site users on that very topic might be interesting discussion in itself
Take it on TET fire out a wee survey, i would go for it.

It is urgent that the situation between Brendan Rogers and Peter Lawwell is resolved as quickly as possible. The reason I say this is that both have excuses to hid behind, and both can blame each other for the current shambles at the club. Rogers is quite content to blame Lawwell and the board while Lawwell is quite content to blame Rogers for mismanaging the team over the last 18 months and Rogers may have a case to answer when you consider that he has signed a lot of players who are just are not good enough. , A clear out is urgently required in January,when you look at the money being spent on the players who are sitting around and not even making the bench it is quite shocking players like Compper, Hayes, Allen, Britton, De Vries, Izaguirre , Gamboa , Ralston , Benyu ,Kouassi are all sitting on wages ranging from £10,000 up to £23,000 per week.
Who is at fault ? it certainly not the supporters they have supported the club in big numbers at home and abroad. Spending money on season tickets, merchandise and travel.
As far as Rogers is concerned he will tell us he won the double treble, brought in Scott Sinclair and Moussa Dembele for £500,000 and he was sold for £20,000,000. and he has lost Demble ,Roberts and Armstrong who were not replaced. Lawwell will tell us he has supported Rogers and payed £9,000,000 for Edouard brought in Mulumba and is supporting Rogers within the means of the club
We have reached a crossroads and Peter and Brendan would need to get togather and issue a statment to the supporters to clarify what the problems are and be upfront with the supporters.
Big Jock said" The Jersey does not shrink to fit inferior players" that was never more true that at present. Its time the club got back to basics and that includes playing for the jersey and getting back to playing our traditional hoops.Whatever the rights and wrongs are they need sorted urgently as the situation seems to be getting worse with every passing game.
We didn't pay a penny for Edouard. We got millions from the transfer of Van Dyke to Liverpool and got 7 million for Armstrong. A board with no ambition and if it continues heads will roll due to fans protests.
HH?

Absolute nail on head Anton. That post should be printed in every home programme from now, until reality is regained in Scotland. I’m referring in particular to the section on Michael Stewart. He IS, in my opinion, our leading light in terms of football analysis in Scotland. Fair, reasonable and most of all knowledgable and informed in the rules and tactical aspects of football.

Yet I would gamble the life of my firstborn that he will NEVER tell the truth on the Hun “situation”. It is in my top ten worries with regards the status of honesty in our society. We all know money talks, and there is a financial incentive for the media to blatantly lie and pretend the Huns never died. But this goes way beyond money. This is about an attack on reality tantamount to telling our children, genuinely and without shame or intellectual discomfort, that pigs CAN fly. However these clear falsehoods are believed by ADULTS. I honestly do not feel there are many societies in the world where this reality would endure.

Maybe the Mayans were correct about the “end” of something occurring in 2012? Maybe the people in influence in this country genuinely feel the Huns are essential for our society to exist? Maybe they are idiots? Definitely they are fucking wrong. Let’s get this 8th title secured Celtic. It is essential not just for us as fans but for all who are concerned about living in some kind of parallel universe, based upon unfairness, corruption mindless (and incorrect) notions of superiorit and immortality.

This is the big one. The 8th in a run to 10. In their now correctly discredited nine-in-row the 8th was the closest we came to stopping nine. By a distance. The year of the Jorge Cadette affair. The year we moved back to paradise. The year we lost one match in the league all year but did not clinch the title. The year we played the best football seen at Celtic Park since the centenary season. We were robbed out of that title of course but more than that, faced with the almost untenable reality of trying to “stop” the Huns equalling our long cherished record. Next year, the Huns will face tcst pressure. And they will wilt under it giving us a clear psychological advantage before a ball is kicked.

This year is a huge year and I feel that is now being reflected in the media campaign(s) against the club. The blatant refereeing agendas being displayed. And the endless praise for the mediocrity displayed by the Huns. We NEED to pull ourselves together and win this year. The rest will be gravy by comparison although still peppered with the various tactics I’ve already mentioned. But with less hope, vigour or effectiveness. All who care about Celtic now must work together and that includes fans like ourselves too. The reward is great so should be treated with the respect it deserves. I’m confident we will spend in January and relatively big. If we don’t we could throw all this away which is soul destroying if you have lived through the bad times. Complacency should be sin die banned from Celtic Park along with the MSM. They hate us anyway, why bother communicating with them any longer? Do it Celtic.

BHH

Fantastic. Absolutely brilliant post mate.

We didn't pay a penny for Edouard. We got millions from the transfer of Van Dyke to Liverpool and got 7 million for Armstrong. A board with no ambition and if it continues heads will roll due to fans protests.
HH?
But whose head Stevie? They'll all be pointing fingers at each other and no one will likely step up and take responsibility but we know that it's usually the manager that pays the price in these circumstances.

Vote Lawwell out!
That is top priority at the next AGM.
If not, it will be Brendan that goes....and before the end of his tenure.
There are many other reasons to let Celtic know about our resentment of Peter the prick, and the most important one is, HE, Lawwell props up the shoddy goings on in the SPFL, with his friendship of Doncaster.
If this wasn't true, we would not be so easily accepting of our being shoved about with the LC semi.
Do you think this would happen in the EPL?
Would Mourinho, Guardiola, or Klop put up with the shit that Celtic have?....if Watford, Crystal Palace, or Burnley got preferential treatment BEFORE Man City, Liverpool and Man. U, as champions, cup holders AND FAR BIGGER CLUBS, that prop up the financial accounts of the league!
Not a chance, in fact I'm certain ALL would call in the "Show bigots the red card" squad to investigate a suit claim!
Celtic are seriously handicapped by Lawwell who appears in EVERY WAY determined to hinder our fans dreams of 10 iar.
I am convinced now, that he is surreptitiously acting in our least interests.
If not, why is he so accepting the embarrassment of the exclusion from vitally important meetings where only our club has been punished?
There is far more prejudiced, wicked and underhand goings on with both the SFA, SPFL and Lawwell than anyone on here knows about ......
OR I AM WILLING TO TAKE.
Get Lawwell to Fuc k, before its too late.
At least let him know, if he is content to rip the Celtic fans off taking from our hard earned cash accounts without any return investing in new GOOD talent then he had better be prepared to leave Scotland for good if 8 in a row is not delivered.

I mean, 7 in a row and current champions, League cup holders for nearly three years, richest club, biggest club, highest financial contributor to Scottish football, and to every other clubs' financial accounts..........and still take all the crap thrown our way!!!
I DON'T FECKING THINK SO.
But knowing our fickle fans......NOTHING will be done..........as per.

Last edited:
HH?

Thats false logic mate.

It may well be the case that money in offset out but that doesn't automatically mean we paid nothing.
Also the reason they got windfall from those deals is partly down to shrewd negotiating on departures. One of the things lowell has been doing well.

While operating costs are so high some of these sales just cover the cracks of the high operating costs. Now whether there is some sifting of funds into hands of people that aren't adding value is subjective when the operating costs are very untransparent.

But to just assume that money in is available to spend really depends on the profitability of each season.

We Know the club is currently in strong wealth position. The reasons why they are reluctant to spend may well fall into negative net present value when the accounts take the risks into consideration.

The inflation in the football market both on quality players and their wages is very problematic.
Can the market sustain this massive bubble.

Prudence would suggest its very possible the market could tumble very shortly. Also the market for quality players is currently out of Celtics market class due to the funky subsidisation of certain leagues.

Also the back record so far of Rodgers spending wisely is not so great.
Is there any value added in the market for quality players?
Is there confidence that Rodgers is willing to purchase from the unknown markets to find gems?

Is the market inflation for purchases and wages putting extra strain on getting value added players into team?

Are our better players wanting their wages to reflect what they could earning in subsidised leagues.

As much as I don't fully trust the Lawell model. It is the rational fundamental value added system. Now Celtic could jump on the inflation market and hope it doesn't collapse while they have lot off Capital tied into specific players. But that is risky since who knows where the bubble explodes or when. But while there are so many uncertainties I genuinely think we should be buying from the cheap lesser known markets.

But that doesn't really fit into the glamour aesthetics and Rodgers paradigm where luxury seems to be his forte.

In two seasons rodgers has doubled the operating costs and added very little value for those increases. He is winning cups but he has tied up the clubs resources in safe zone to retaining players rather than selling them. Which in theory helps stability but it also means the average wage is now very high and new players who are playing well will be disgruntled if they don't quickly fit into at least the average wage structure. And getting good value added players in becomes harder when the championship levels in satellite subsidy can afford better wages than Celtic even when they have CL money. Also factor in the less glamorous Scottish league and the the ridiculous inflation over last few years then getting high quality players who have champion blood becomes very very difficult.

The difference between a player on 2K per week and 40K per week is now so slim that you need to be in 100k per week market range to have high quality in every position these days.

The ability to find the best 2k per week players who really should be 40K players is getting harder to find. So you can end up with 2k per week players on 40K that you can't sell.

Rodgers understands the 100K per week market quite well. But he doesn't appear to be able to find the 2k Per week players whose skill is much higher.

We can't afford any players over 40K per week.

So we need to be sharp in the market with value added or we will quickly spill our wealth on dross.

The guaranteed players that would make first team better are mostly already in the 40K per week market.

And that is possibly why the board are reluctant to give Rodgers and Flop Congerton war chest. They haven't really added much value to the squad or even bought relevant players for problem areas.

Also factor in the mutiny if that is whats going on and for what ever unknown reasons then its even more unlikely the board are going to splash the cash on potential wealth destruction.

Winning football is ideal
But winning football that destroys wealth is useless in long run.
Finding quality players in this inflated market is very very difficult and Rodgers and Congestion font have a good record of adding value to the clubs they have been at. Rodgers has 50/50 at best in top class markets which Celtic are priced out of but he has 1/10 good record in the cheap suit market.

He can make class players play well and win
He struggles to make ordinary players play his fancy tactics
And his ability in the market Celtic must operate has been very suspect to say least.

But whose head Stevie? They'll all be pointing fingers at each other and no one will likely step up and take responsibility but we know that it's usually the manager that pays the price in these circumstances.
I would like to think the fans will dictate who if anybody goes. I hope this will all be irellevant and we start to push on. Time will tell soon enough.
HH?

Thats false logic mate.

It may well be the case that money in offset out but that doesn't automatically mean we paid nothing.
Also the reason they got windfall from those deals is partly down to shrewd negotiating on departures. One of the things lowell has been doing well.

While operating costs are so high some of these sales just cover the cracks of the high operating costs. Now whether there is some sifting of funds into hands of people that aren't adding value is subjective when the operating costs are very untransparent.

But to just assume that money in is available to spend really depends on the profitability of each season.

We Know the club is currently in strong wealth position. The reasons why they are reluctant to spend may well fall into negative net present value when the accounts take the risks into consideration.

The inflation in the football market both on quality players and their wages is very problematic.
Can the market sustain this massive bubble.

Prudence would suggest its very possible the market could tumble very shortly. Also the market for quality players is currently out of Celtics market class due to the funky subsidisation of certain leagues.

Also the back record so far of Rodgers spending wisely is not so great.
Is there any value added in the market for quality players?
Is there confidence that Rodgers is willing to purchase from the unknown markets to find gems?

Is the market inflation for purchases and wages putting extra strain on getting value added players into team?

Are our better players wanting their wages to reflect what they could earning in subsidised leagues.

As much as I don't fully trust the Lawell model. It is the rational fundamental value added system. Now Celtic could jump on the inflation market and hope it doesn't collapse while they have lot off Capital tied into specific players. But that is risky since who knows where the bubble explodes or when. But while there are so many uncertainties I genuinely think we should be buying from the cheap lesser known markets.

But that doesn't really fit into the glamour aesthetics and Rodgers paradigm where luxury seems to be his forte.

In two seasons rodgers has doubled the operating costs and added very little value for those increases. He is winning cups but he has tied up the clubs resources in safe zone to retaining players rather than selling them. Which in theory helps stability but it also means the average wage is now very high and new players who are playing well will be disgruntled if they don't quickly fit into at least the average wage structure. And getting good value added players in becomes harder when the championship levels in satellite subsidy can afford better wages than Celtic even when they have CL money. Also factor in the less glamorous Scottish league and the the ridiculous inflation over last few years then getting high quality players who have champion blood becomes very very difficult.

The difference between a player on 2K per week and 40K per week is now so slim that you need to be in 100k per week market range to have high quality in every position these days.

The ability to find the best 2k per week players who really should be 40K players is getting harder to find. So you can end up with 2k per week players on 40K that you can't sell.

Rodgers understands the 100K per week market quite well. But he doesn't appear to be able to find the 2k Per week players whose skill is much higher.

We can't afford any players over 40K per week.

So we need to be sharp in the market with value added or we will quickly spill our wealth on dross.

The guaranteed players that would make first team better are mostly already in the 40K per week market.

And that is possibly why the board are reluctant to give Rodgers and Flop Congerton war chest. They haven't really added much value to the squad or even bought relevant players for problem areas.

Also factor in the mutiny if that is whats going on and for what ever unknown reasons then its even more unlikely the board are going to splash the cash on potential wealth destruction.

Winning football is ideal
But winning football that destroys wealth is useless in long run.
Finding quality players in this inflated market is very very difficult and Rodgers and Congestion font have a good record of adding value to the clubs they have been at. Rodgers has 50/50 at best in top class markets which Celtic are priced out of but he has 1/10 good record in the cheap suit market.

He can make class players play well and win
He struggles to make ordinary players play his fancy tactics
And his ability in the market Celtic must operate has been very suspect to say least.
My pint got warm by the time i read this?. I can't fault your logic pal and wholeheartedly agree.
HH?

In January, Celtic must look at Stephen Dobbie from QOS. He's now scored 27 goals in 15 games and I would think he would get at least half that for us in the Premier. I can't see our pair getting it right before that but hope they do. Need another proven striker asap.
Shankland is another, but suspect the scum hun will chase one of them down, and WE will still be fast asleep.

A kinda meant toot toot to Boab on his rebel comment coz its a belter but musta no hit reply.

How wit is toot toot to you Sham pal ??

A kinda meant toot toot to Boab on his rebel comment coz its a belter but musta no hit reply.

How wit is toot toot to you Sham pal ??
I had been looking at the comment where someone only wanted to discuss the topic in the title. FFS he should rearrange the words life-a-get. :LOL:

We need to stop looking at the vastly inflated English market and scour French lower leagues, Central Europe, Scandinavia....Italy there is quality there just get our scouting sorted

Hearts are soon to bring in David Vaněček and he is a very decent player who will cost them very little. I was screaming the praises of Milan Baroš long before he was picked up by Liverpool (not because I have a knack for uncovering talent, but because it was so obvious that he would make it to the top). Bhoys around the Globe would scout for free for Celtic if they thought someone in the club would listen.

Back