Stephen O’Donnell

Gary67

Given we may be looking to sign 2 x right backs this summer with Gamboa gone, Lustig probably heading home and Ralston, at best, being sent out on loan, O’Donnell could be a good cheap choice to compete with whoever else we are looking at (Castagne, Gumny, Elabdellaoui).
Killie ready to sell as he only has one year left on contract, probably cost <£1m.

Given we may be looking to sign 2 x right backs this summer with Gamboa gone, Lustig probably heading home and Ralston, at best, being sent out on loan, O’Donnell could be a good cheap choice to compete with whoever else we are looking at (Castagne, Gumny, Elabdellaoui).
Killie ready to sell as he only has one year left on contract, probably cost <£1m.
I know that we tend to get excited by the prospect of big-name signings, but every team requires balance and I think Stephen O'Donnell would be a great squad addition.

He's tidy enough with the ball, but he's solid and reliable and it's the lack of reliability that's cost us in that particular position.

Obviously other folk will have a different opinion on it, but over the years we made many of these unspectacular signings that worked out pretty well.

I don't remember too many people salivating when we traded Cascarino for Tom Boyd, or when we signed Tosh McKinley from Hearts.

I'd take him, Gary........there's another couple in a similar mould that I'd be looking at for other positions too.

I would take him,think he would be a good steady signing and at a reasonable price too,i dont think we would sign another right back if we got him,i think him with perez and ralston as back up would be enough cover.Also have heard pretty good things about manny perez so think those three would leave us strong and bring energy to the squad.

I would take him,think he would be a good steady signing and at a reasonable price too,i dont think we would sign another right back if we got him,i think him with perez and ralston as back up would be enough cover.Also have heard pretty good things about manny perez so think those three would leave us strong and bring energy to the squad.
Totally agree John. He's a good solid player, plus the Americans & Ralston would cover us for full backs and let KT get rested now and again.

Back