Steve Kerr, Man of the year

The pro-life protesters and politicians have decided that the life of an unborn foetus is precious and want the Wade v Roe abortion law overturned so it seems that the lives of children are less important once they're actually born. They really want to catch on to themselves.

Of course overturning Wade v Roe is more about misogyny and the subjugation of women.

I've never yet heard a logical argument from the NRA. Someone in that country needs to grow a pair of balls.
Sadly, if someone were to stand up to them and start the trend the other way, that person would have a target on their back, by the gun toting morons, who shout about 'Freedom' when they've got more freedom than anyone else on the planet
don't get me started about how fucked the laws in the US are
My family and I, have been through the wringer with the US legal system, lawyers, and the cunt who deserves to rot in hell, for what she was responsible for
Yeah, gun lovers, anti abortionists, they can all take a flying fuck, at a rolling donut
Bless those poor families, that little rat affected by his actions
May those little Angels Rest in Peace

Steve Kerr has always been outspoken about issues, as has the NBA's San Antonio Spurs coach Gregg Popovich. So it comes as no surprise that Kerr went off, and rightfully so.

Let me weigh in on this, as the token Yank in these parts. For my entire life, and we're talking about six decades and change, America has never failed to shame and embarrass me. Without fail. There's nothing I can really say anymore, nothing I can remotely offer in defense of a society, generally speaking, that values firearms over children's lives, among a plethora of other shortcomings that make it a complete embarrassment in the eyes of the world.

There's a stupid phrase that's always bandied about here when something like this happens: "This is not who we are." That's bullshit. This is EXACTLY who we are. And nothing short of a massive overhaul, top to bottom -- revolution? maybe -- will even remotely begin to fix this. I'm too old for that, but maybe young people will do better with America than my generation did. We'll have to see.

This is a comic strip called Pearls Before Swine by Stephan Pastis. It seems to cover it. The character lists all the places where there have been mass shootings over the past few years.

pastis.jpg

Steve Kerr has always been outspoken about issues, as has the NBA's San Antonio Spurs coach Gregg Popovich. So it comes as no surprise that Kerr went off, and rightfully so.

Let me weigh in on this, as the token Yank in these parts. For my entire life, and we're talking about six decades and change, America has never failed to shame and embarrass me. Without fail. There's nothing I can really say anymore, nothing I can remotely offer in defense of a society, generally speaking, that values firearms over children's lives, among a plethora of other shortcomings that make it a complete embarrassment in the eyes of the world.

There's a stupid phrase that's always bandied about here when something like this happens: "This is not who we are." That's bullshit. This is EXACTLY who we are. And nothing short of a massive overhaul, top to bottom -- revolution? maybe -- will even remotely begin to fix this. I'm too old for that, but maybe young people will do better with America than my generation did. We'll have to see.

This is a comic strip called Pearls Before Swine by Stephan Pastis. It seems to cover it. The character lists all the places where there have been mass shootings over the past few years.

View attachment 18899
100% Larry, well said
We have some sort of gun control north of the border, but the gangsters don't know about it, as there's shootings and killings, here on a weekly, if not daily basis
I just watched the US news and heard that the NRA are holding their Convention in Houston Texas, this weekend, and have no plans to cancel it, in the wake of the mass shootings of innocent children and their teachers
Speakers at this affront to decency, Ted Cruz and Trump
Texas...seriously ?
Oh, and firearms are not allowed in the Convention
Bless all those affected by this tragedy, and fuck Trump, Cruz, and the National Rifle Association

Last edited:

Members online

Back