Stevie Clarke's Scotland

Winter

Thought there mightve been a thread , don't see one so.

What a job Clarke is doing for Scotland, beyond my wildest dreams tbh.

Watched the game in the smiddy ( again) superb wee pub, ( left my phone on the table outside and got it back 2 hours and 2 pubs later) from Cathy behind the bar, would thatve happened elsewhere on Dumbarton Road ( rhetorical of course).

Beat Spain ( only country to inflict a qualy defeat upon them for donkeys years), beat the arrogant Norwegians who thought at 83 min the game was over so take off Haaland.

They obviously hadn't calculated the SPL type refereeing we saw on the night and forgot about the VAR extra time.

A great night ill remember for the rest of my days.

Must take care of Georgia tomorrow at Hampden where we'll be favourites, and we're not great at being favourites.
Win that game its 12/12 pts

It's pretty surreal watching Scotland and what they're doing right now.

Pub Collective ( wtf) when Tierney went off chasing the game and Kenny McLean coming on , no second striker to win second ball from Dykes knock down .

It's Scotland so not getting carried away but Steve Clarke?
Take a bow

Last edited:

Watched the game in the smiddy ( again) superb wee pub, ( left my phone on the table outside and got it back 2 hours and 2 pubs later) would thatve happened elsewhere on Dumbarton Road ( rhetorical of course).

Beat Spain ( only country to inflict a qualy defeat upon them for donkeys years), beat the arrogant Norwegians who thought at 83 min the game was over so take off Haaland.

They obviously hadn't calculated the SPL type refereeing we saw on the night and forgot about the VAR extra time.

Must take care of Georgia tomorrow at Hampden where we'll be favourites, and we're not great at being favourites.

Pub Collective ( wtf) when Tierney went off chasing the game and Kenny McLean coming on , no second striker to win second ball from Dykes knock down .

Take a bow
No fussed for his style of football but you can't take it away fae the guy. He deserves all the plaudits going.Hes made us hard to beat and we're always liable to grab a goal. Quite enjoyable watching them ATM which hasn't always been the case. Fair play to him .

No fussed for his style of football but you can't take it away fae the guy. He deserves all the plaudits going.Hes made us hard to beat and we're always liable to grab a goal. Quite enjoyable watching them ATM which hasn't always been the case. Fair play to him .
So so buzzing for the long suffering tartan army.

To see them finally get a result in cheap as (18 carrot gold) peanuts Norway was a joy to behold 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Last edited:
His football is very functionable. Nothing fancy, do the basics right, disciplined and hard-working. We play to our strengths and negate our opponents but without playing anti-football. Before Brendan joined us the first time, I wanted Clarke as manager, but probably glad he never got the gig as his fitba is not really "the Celtic way".

His sides do seem to get the rub of the green which is unusual for Scotland as we usually go out in a blaze of unluckiness!

I'm delighted as I love seeing Scotland being successful in every sport (I'm no lover of the SFA but, like with Celtic, I support the players on the pitch and not the arsehole blazers lounging in the padded seats). I know a lot of folks who are in the Tartan Army who have spent lots travelling all over for decades who are finally getting to enjoy a modicum of success (all relative, I know).

Well done to Stevie and the lads in the squad. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Think if Scotland can look after our games against Georgia h&a and Cyprus a.

With an 8 pt lead over Norway even if Scotland lost at h to Norway and in Spain we'd still qualify automatically.

Lots of ifs in there especially with Scotland, Norway must beat Spain is the result that they must get unless we hibs it.

This side have a belief in themselves not seen for some time, beating Spain to win the group , even though we beat them still seems unlikely but the top 2 automatically qualify for Germany and the fixture list could hardly be better for us , Norway at home our last game.

Let's hope we've qualified by then. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Watched the game in the smiddy ( again) superb wee pub, ( left my phone on the table outside and got it back 2 hours and 2 pubs later) from Cathy behind the bar, would thatve happened elsewhere on Dumbarton Road ( rhetorical of course).

Take a bow.
Have to agree Winter. Proud of Scotland and Georgia tomorrow 8 points clear with a win.

Take a bow

Bravo 👏 👏 Aye, Winter agree 100% but the SFA ARE STILL CVNTS.

Caught the Scotland bug due to the Home internationals then qualifiers for 1974 World Cup. 1st away game England 77 with ma Da & Grandas. I caught the bug then for Scotland games, had many a could international midweek/weekend away over the years, my lads we're 2 & 4 when we went for our Summer Holidays to Italy 1990, they've got the travel bug now.

Hopefully we'll all go as a family to Germany 2024, MrsTT & I are booked up for Cyprus in September wee 5day break. Buzzing for game against Georgia just hope its not an anti-climax.

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿MON SCOTLAND🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Been fantastic watching Scotland again the team spirit is better than most clubs and Robertson is showing he's a great leader.....calmac has been fantastic for them too even tho he's under rated by a section of Scotland press when he plays for Scotland... I'm sure the players know how important he is to the team.....gunn looks like a decent keeper and good replacement for Gordon ..... hopefully get the 3 points tonight after the great victory in Oslo ....maybe a wee trip to Germany could be on the cards 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Steve Clarke well done

I've only ever been to one Scotland game I'm my entire puff, so I'm not goin' to pretend I'm immersed in the fortunes of our international team. Goes without saying, though, I ALWAYS hope they win.

It's really quite remarkable how the demographic of the tartan army has changed; in eyes of many it was mostly thought of as a wee day out for supporters of the establishment club.

I'm pretty sure many of us of a certain vintage will have no problem recalling the the consistent abuse hurled from the terraces towards Celtic players, simply because, well, they were Celtic players.

Incidentally, the game I attended was way back in 1966: a pre-world Cup friendly against Brazil at Hampden. Ended in a 1-1 draw with a bloke by the name of Steve Chalmers scoring for Scotland.

The reason I went to the game was to see the next big sensation of the time; a young Brazilian player. Think his name was Pele or something like that. Often wonder what happened to him.

Defeat Georgia h&a , Cyprus a, and unless Norway beat Spain ( highly unlikey) given they've lost 1 or 2 qualifying games in 60/70 matches.
Then it shouldn't matter if we lose to spain and last game at home to Norway we'd be home and dried by then holding an 8 pt advantage over them after 3 played.

I always worry when we are favourites, it doesn't sit well , not with past Scotland sides but what a chance for Clarke to take Scotland to a SECOND major tournament , albeit through the front door this time please.

I expect parks of Hamilton all over Hampden tonight and to be in Georgia and Cyprus, something we're not used to.

This game tonight is probably Scotland's biggest game since last euros at Wembley.

Cmon the Alba the stars are aligning. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Defeat Georgia h&a , Cyprus a, and unless Norway beat Spain ( highly unlikey) given they've lost 1 or 2 qualifying games in 60/70 matches.
Then it shouldn't matter if we lose to spain and last game at home to Norway we'd be home and dried by then holding an 8 pt advantage over them after 3 played.

I always worry when we are favourites, it doesn't sit well , not with past Scotland sides but what a chance for Clarke to take Scotland to a SECOND major tournament , albeit through the front door this time please.

I expect parks of Hamilton all over Hampden tonight and to be in Georgia and Cyprus, something we're not used to.

This game tonight is probably Scotland's biggest game since last euros at Wembley.

Cmon the Alba the stars are aligning. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
Would be great if we do qualify (the last euros was obv good but I think tournaments like that are much better when held in the 1 country ..... Hopefully get 6 points over next two games so fingers crossed mate 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

For the first time in years i'm actually looking forward to a Scotland game. Thats usually the que for a disaster. Seen this movie many times. But, lets get behind them, til it happens. (cynical ol fart that I am).
No different from the restvof us bhud think commentary just said Scotland's never won first 4 qualifiers here's hoping Clarke's got it that's a rousing flower of Scotland from the fans , I'm not going to tempt it just cmon Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Thought there was a rule if the ball doesn't travel so far the game must stop?

This will see someone in hospital fs bring on the big brushes on push back the water

Last edited:
Back